Become a Patron!

Sigelei 50 Watt Box Mod - $99 - and a coupon code!

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We have the Sigelei 50 Watt Box Mod for pre-order at $99! Estimated ship date is around August 15th, 2014! We have ordered a lot of stock to meet demand!

Use coupon code sigelei50boxmod to lower the price to $79! Free shipping!

Sigelei's reputation for quality is behind this innovative box mod.

Go to http://originvape.com/product/sigelei-50-watt-mod/ to order this bad boy!

• 50 watt SX330 module chip
    • Guaranteed 1 year warranty with Sigelei’s USA service center
    • Better solder points than prior Yihi chips
    • DNA board lay out
    • 7-50 watt range
    • 2.8-8.5 volt range
    • DC-DC power output
    • Handles down to .2 ohm resistance
    • Handles up to 3.0 ohm resistance
    • Auto ohm resistance meter finds ideal voltage for tank/dripper, 3v-8.5v
    • Wattage regulated via two buttons, -/+
    • Nice, big tactile switch for firing
    • Mini USB interface charging port
    • LED screen with white OLED .96″ display
    • Battery life readout in realtime
    • Dimensions 9CM x 4.2CM x 2.2 CM
    • Chip runs cool to avoid heat and temperature sensor malfunction
    • 18650 battery is removable
    • Aluminum box
    • Low voltage protection
    • Reverse battery protection
    • Charged via USB
    • Battery installation is easier than IPV
**Edit: A fellow VU member thankfully notified us that the above coupon code was not working, now we have confirmed that it works! To avoid further confusion, both codes "sigelei50wattbox" and "sigelei50boxmod" work now.

Last edited:

4redstars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does it step down so I can vape at lower than 4 volts. The way I read it, it does. But I'm never sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fyi, I just talked with OriginVape's owner. The coupon code is actually sigelei50boxmod

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you for helping us fix that, moecat! I truly appreciate it and can't believe I missed that.

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does it step down so I can vape at lower than 4 volts. The way I read it, it does. But I'm never sure.

Yes, it goes down based on wattage. It is the same chip being used as the IPV V2, and at 7 watts it reads out only 1.4 volts. At 18 watts it reads out 2.4 volts, and so on =)

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you for your order! The coil I was running when I got that low voltage was a 0.8 ohm coil. The chip may behave differently with higher resistance, I am not 100% sure. I will ask my Sigelei rep about it and I will confirm.

4redstars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. All I'm really concerned about is being stuck at 4 volts and no lower. My KSD 30W and iPV 1 won't step lower.

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just spoke to my rep at Sigelei. According to him ,the voltage depends on the wattage and the resistance.

On a 0.2 OHM resistance coil, when output wattage is 7 watts, the lowest it goes, the voltage is 1.2 volts. When the unit is cranked up to 50 watts, the output on the same resistance coil is 3.4 volts.
On a 2.2 OHM resistance coil, when output wattage is 7 watts, the voltage is 3.9 volts. On 50 watts, the voltage is 8.5 volts.

4redstars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
that is exactly what I want!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the quick feedback. Might be selling a KSD 30w and an iPVv1 35 watt because of this!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's another cool feature pertaining to the back cover and single screw (email from a Sigelei customer rep):

pls kindly note the screw can not be lose because it is connected with the body for sigelei 50w.
any question, pls be free to contact me.
jessie
sigelei

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is awesome! I was unaware that this feature was specifically made like that. I knew there was one screw, but I did not know how they fashioned it. Thank you for the scoop!

Also, I am getting a test unit in a few days. I will write up a review and put a link to it here. I will compare both the IPV V2 to the Sigelei 50 and show the differences (pros/cons).

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just did a comparison video between the IPV V2 and the Sigelei 50 -

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love that back cover ... thanks for the unboxing vid! :)

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry! That was the unboxing, here is the comparison!

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am Definitely as Seigeli Fan already but does the voltage Step down

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm passing all 18650 box mod, still waiting for a single 26650 box,or dual... No thanks
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am Definitely as Seigeli Fan already but does the voltage Step down

Yes, I wrote earlier in the thread how it steps down:

On a 0.2 OHM resistance coil, when output wattage is 7 watts, the lowest it goes, the voltage is 1.2 volts. When the unit is cranked up to 50 watts, the output on the same resistance coil is 3.4 volts.
On a 2.2 OHM resistance coil, when output wattage is 7 watts, the voltage is 3.9 volts. On 50 watts, the voltage is 8.5 volts.

4redstars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm still excited about pre-ordering this one but I don't believe the board has step down unless it has been tweaked by Sigelei. My ipv1 shows lower voltage on the screen but I don't think it's putting out less than 3.8 or 4.0 volts no matter what the screen says.

4redstars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you have an inline volt meter on the sample you have and do a video of it going below say 3.5 volts to confirm?

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You are absolutely right. I just used a voltage meter with a .3 ohm coil setup and it went from 4.41v to 4.02v and then sat static there, at 7 watts. Weird. Very counter-intuitive.

4redstars

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What did the screen say for voltage? Way lower right?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
An independent review of the Sigelei. This guy likes it better than the P4Y ...

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Didn't joe just pimp a new 100w mod from them for 100$ as well?

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered one!!! Super excited about this purchase. Thank you origin vape!!!!

L

Lighty269

Thank you Dave!! I will send out an email soon about the status of the boxes.

Can you inform us on the status of these units?

I have been doing some searching and some people have them already and some say won't be in until September.

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can you inform us on the status of these units?

I have been doing some searching and some people have them already and some say won't be in until September.
According to my rep, we are still on track for the end of this week ship-out date from the factory. We are expecting them in Monday/Tuesday next week.

The units you are talking about are test units, not for sale. They are sent out to vendors prior to the whole shipment. I am vaping from a sample test unit I got from Sigelei. I have reason to believe this means they are already in production.

Last edited:
L

Lighty269

According to my rep, we are still on track for the end of this week ship-out date from the factory. We are expecting them in Monday/Tuesday next week.

The units you are talking about are test units, not for sale. They are sent out to vendors prior to the whole shipment. I am vaping from a sample test unit I got from Sigelei. I have reason to believe this means they are already in production.

Thanks for the update!

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are these still going to be at this price with the 100 watt $100 one joe put up a few days ago?

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are these still going to be at this price with the 100 watt $100 one joe put up a few days ago?

Absolutely! Our coupon code to drop the price will still be active until we get these units in, hopefully early next week.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks interesting, I'm liking it. I think I'm gonna order one. I like battery door idea, even if the door looks a little flimsy. The door screw I don't like. I'd prefer it to be flush. I would probably try upgrading the magnets to something a bit stronger. All of that is minor compared to dealing with super small screws. Does anyone know if you can use this as a pass through while charging?

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks interesting, I'm liking it. I think I'm gonna order one. I like battery door idea, even if the door looks a little flimsy. The door screw I don't like. I'd prefer it to be flush. I would probably try upgrading the magnets to something a bit stronger. All of that is minor compared to dealing with super small screws. Does anyone know if you can use this as a pass through while charging?

Just confirmed with my test unit. Yes you can!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Regarding the devices due to arrive by Aug. 18, is there any word if Sigelei will be placing an extra magnet in the lower corner of the box to provide extra security?

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Regarding the devices due to arrive by Aug. 18, is there any word if Sigelei will be placing an extra magnet in the lower corner of the box to provide extra security?

Firstly, they said no. I told them I personally wanted them to do this and they said that it was too late, production runs have started. Now I am finding out whether they can just include another set of those particular magnets so that I can pass them along to all customers.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Firstly, they said no. I told them I personally wanted them to do this and they said that it was too late, production runs have started. Now I am finding out whether they can just include another set of those particular magnets so that I can pass them along to all customers.
Thanks for looking into this. If they don't include the magnets, would you be able to find out what dimension magnets should be used, please? This would help those of us willing to buy aftermarket magnets on our own. Thanks

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Absolutely. My test unit also has a missing pair and I want them for myself as well!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's a photo of the screw they'll be using (see lower right) to fasten the cover instead of an extra magnet. First photo courtesy of Sigelei customer service.

This next picture also courtesy of Sigelei, via OriginVape.com...

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Moe, I can't see your photo for some reason. I am uploading the one I sent:

4.jpg

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the quick responses. Just put my order in, can't wait. Was trying to justify an upgrade. Turns out I'm coming up on my 500th day of vaping. There's my justification.

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you very much for your business! I will send you any info on this device as we get it!

VU Sponsors