Become a Patron!

Sigelei Fuchai 213 "Short!" Error. Help!

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello! I'm quite new to vaping and I encountered this problem not too long ago after I went to a shop and let them build my coil. I don't know nothing and I just agreed to what they were suggesting. Here's the problem, when I fire, my 213 would display a "short!" error sometimes and my ohms would drop to 0.00 and I have to fire it a couple times to get my mod working. That just scares me alot since I've heard of exploding mods. So what I did was, I search what was causing my problem and I read about my batt got damaged or what. I removed my batt and checked for damage. My batt seems fine. No dents or scratches. The other one that I read was, my coil is not compatible with my build(?) Idk about that so this really wraps my head around.

Here's my build btw:
Sigelei fuchai 213
Vaporesso Nalu rda
Kanthal at 0.22ohms
Lg choco battery 15amps
Idk if what I said with my build was right so forgive me about that. Tnx for any help! ^_^

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You said > Hello! I'm quite new to vaping and I encountered this problem not too long ago after I went to a shop and let them build my coil. I don't know nothing and I just agreed to what they were suggesting.

Why such an advanced set up to start with? Had you done any research before hand before jumping in with this type of gear?

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your mod is telling you there is a short. Stop trying to make it work . Remove the atomizer and use something else that takes prebuilt coils. Just because the vape shop built your coil doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake. Also you stated that your batteries are 15 amp. You should be using 20 amp " continuous discharge" batteries. I use the LG brown batteries which are 20 amps. You should verify your batteries. The good news is ,it appears the safety features in your mod are working.

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You said > Hello! I'm quite new to vaping and I encountered this problem not too long ago after I went to a shop and let them build my coil. I don't know nothing and I just agreed to what they were suggesting.

Why such an advanced set up to start with? Had you done any research before hand before jumping in with this type of gear?
Well, as I don't know anything, of course I'd tell them I'm new to vaping. As a result, they told me to leave everything to them and they will build a mod for first-timers like me. Then that's what I've got.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too much of that going on, they didn't care that you were a beginner, they cared about their bottom line, not educating you on the use of that type of set up. Disgusting.

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your mod is telling you there is a short. Stop trying to make it work . Remove the atomizer and use something else that takes prebuilt coils. Just because the vape shop built your coil doesn't mean they didn't make a mistake. Also you stated that your batteries are 15 amp. You should be using 20 amp " continuous discharge" batteries. I use the LG brown batteries which are 20 amps. You should verify your batteries. The good news is ,it appears the safety features in your mod are working.
Yes but I would like to know what's causing the short error. I just remembered that my batts amp were originally 20 amps. After I took it to the vape shop, it drop to 15. To be precise, I have a lgdbhg21865 batt. I assume we both have the same batt. Could it be the batts causing my mod to short? I did drop them before though.

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Too much of that going on, they didn't care that you were a beginner, they cared about their bottom line, not educating you on the use of that type of set up. Disgusting.
So basically, I got scammed and got my self in a dangerous situation. Nice. Well, can't do anything now but to have my mod checked by real vape builders. Thanks anyway man. Glad I ask here first before going back to their shop.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not really good at building, I use a simpler set up and have been vaping 6 years, The first thing I'd do is take that set up back to the shop and ask for an exchange, If they do that , get yourself into a regulated mod with a simpler tank that takes easie,r disposable coils, then if you want you can learn and work your way up to a more advanced set up.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oh well... he/she has us. lol

The box itself is ok. 200+w is a bit more than most people start with, but you dont have to use 200w.. But you will have it if you need it later.

First, tighten down all the screws holding the coil/s in place and make sure they are not touching the chimney on the rda. In other words, make sure they are completely inside the deck. (deck is the base of the rda)

Inspect carefully to make sure there is no bit of wire (usually from trimming the coil) inside the deck. Also make sure the coils are only touching the posts at the pins where they are supposed to be. The should touch the post only where they are screwed in place.

The actual box mod you have is a pretty good one, so don't worry about that.
Maybe buy something like a kanger toptank mini, (I recommend that because I have one and it was my first tank) It comes with 2 or 3 premade coils, and 1 mini rba that you can put your own wire and wick on. (I think they also include 2 premade wire coils for the rba)

Exactly, what LG batteries do you have? Should be something like.. LG HG?? or LG HB?? or something similar.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He doesn't even know what is what with building yet, I was trying not to overwhelm him, If that was me above and read your post, I'd have no idea what you were talking about....LOL

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So basically, I got scammed and got my self in a dangerous situation. Nice. Well, can't do anything now but to have my mod checked by real vape builders. Thanks anyway man. Glad I ask here first before going back to their shop.
The box they sold you is a bit more powerful than the average new user needs, but it is also a very good mod. I am buying that brand (different model) as my next box mod.

The rda looks to be pretty nice too. I think, given the rda and box mod, the problem is probably a minor one, such as loose wires or a speck of loose wire in the rda deck.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
He doesn't even know what is what with building yet, I was trying not to overwelm him
Well, he has it now, sooo it's the accelerated course. Which is why I was defining the terms as I went along. Remember, one regulated mod is basically like any other, aside from the amount of power each one can do. So a 200w mod is essentially the same as a 50w mod, just more batteries. Of course, ideally, that shop would have sold him something like a toptank mini kit.. (again, i know that set up so use it as example)

Main thing is put the new user at ease, he/she is using a regulated mod and those very rarely have issues. I have only heard of one venting, and that was an IC Chip failure.

Vaping is never 100% safe. So we try to make it as close to 100% as possible. Even at that, it is still safer than smoking. I have fallen asleep vaping on the couch several times, all I had to do was pick the mod up off the floor and then vape on. LOL.

We won't worry about building a coil unless we have to. Like you, I prefer a new vaper be comfortable with his rig first, and then rebuild optionally.
I will say, I looked up the box and atty, and those are both pretty nice bling-blings. Like you said, a tank atty would have been better to start with, but he can always pick one up. Or like you said, get an exchange.

Last edited:

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh well... he/she has us. lol

The box itself is ok. 200+w is a bit more than most people start with, but you dont have to use 200w.. But you will have it if you need it later.

First, tighten down all the screws holding the coil/s in place and make sure they are not touching the chimney on the rda. In other words, make sure they are completely inside the deck. (deck is the base of the rda)

Inspect carefully to make sure there is no bit of wire (usually from trimming the coil) inside the deck. Also make sure the coils are only touching the posts at the pins where they are supposed to be. The should touch the post only where they are screwed in place.

The actual box mod you have is a pretty good one, so don't worry about that.
Maybe buy something like a kanger toptank mini, (I recommend that because I have one and it was my first tank) It comes with 2 or 3 premade coils, and 1 mini rba that you can put your own wire and wick on. (I think they also include 2 premade wire coils for the rba)

Exactly, what LG batteries do you have? Should be something like.. LG HG?? or LG HB?? or something similar.
My batt is an Lg hg2 btw. I did all of those and notice something odd though. One of the post looks a bit slanted. Is that a problem?

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He doesn't even know what is what with building yet, I was trying not to overwhelm him, If that was me above and read your post, I'd have no idea what you were talking about....LOL
Well, he has it now, sooo it's the accelerated course. Which is why I was defining the terms as I went along. Remember, one regulated mod is basically like any other, aside from the amount of power each one can do. So a 200w mod is essentially the same as a 50w mod, just more batteries. Of course, ideally, that shop would have sold him something like a toptank mini kit.. (again, i know that set up so use it as example)

Main thing is put the new user at ease, he/she is using a regulated mod and those very rarely have issues. I have only heard of one venting, and that was an IC Chip failure.

Vaping is never 100% safe. So we try to make it as close to 100% as possible. Even at that, it is still safer than smoking. I have fallen asleep vaping on the couch several times, all I had to do was pick the mod up off the floor and then vape on. LOL.

We won't worry about building a coil unless we have to. Like you, I prefer a new vaper be comfortable with his rig first, and then rebuild optionally.
I will say, I looked up the box and atty, and those are both pretty nice bling-blings. Like you said, a tank atty would have been better to start with, but he can always pick one up. Or like you said, get an exchange.
I don't really want to build on my own because I'm scared that I might do something wrong. Lol

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't really want to build on my own because I'm scared that I might do something wrong. Lol

HG2 are the same as I use in my 200W mod, and I run usually 150W and higher. So those are good batteries. (20A, 3000MaH by the way) so lots of power and run time. The Mod does all the work and calculations for safety.

Don't worry about building coils. There are people on here that have vaped for years and have never built a coil, while others started after the first week when they burned out $20 worth of premades.. (me) lol.

It is nothing to be scared of. You have probably done it already. Have you ever wrapped a wire or paperclip around a nail? Thats a coil.
Ever seen a monkey hanging from a tree by his tail? That's a coil. I joke, about "even a monkey can do it" Well with his tail anyway.

The main thing, is you have a regulated mod, with safety protection. So the worst that can happen, is the coil doesn't work and you toss 8 cents worth of wire in the trash and start again. In other words, it is nothing to be scared of. You can even use any old bit of wire and just practice, like peel the plastic off a twist tie, and use that. (DO NOT use it to vape on though.. it is just to practice on)

Its something to try when you are ready or not, your choice. I had to start, coils were costing me more than cigarettes. LOL.. Now i just build mainly as a hobby. Anyway, if you do decide to try it, post on here, there are lots of people to help. Just mention your mod,,atomizer and batteries.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My batt is an Lg hg2 btw. I did all of those and notice something odd though. One of the post looks a bit slanted. Is that a problem?
Post on the atomizer? YES, that is a problem. Take it back to the vape shop so they can fix or replace the atomizer. It could be a loose or broken center (positive + ) pin. That would definitely cause a shorting issue.

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Post on the atomizer? YES, that is a problem. Take it back to the vape shop so they can fix or replace the atomizer. It could be a loose or broken center (positive + ) pin. That would definitely cause a shorting issue.
There goes another problem that needs to be taken care of... Well, I think I've found an answer to my 1st problem apparently. So, I was reading something about restoring my mod's settings and I stumbled across this, "Resistance calibration" thing. It said that, to calibrate, press the up and fire button at the same time which I did. Then the mod displayed " Calibration success." I took few hits, observing if it would display the error again. 4 hours has passed, it seems to do the trick! My mod works just like it did before. Is it my coils need to be calibrated or is it something else?

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HG2 are the same as I use in my 200W mod, and I run usually 150W and higher. So those are good batteries. (20A, 3000MaH by the way) so lots of power and run time. The Mod does all the work and calculations for safety.

Don't worry about building coils. There are people on here that have vaped for years and have never built a coil, while others started after the first week when they burned out $20 worth of premades.. (me) lol.

It is nothing to be scared of. You have probably done it already. Have you ever wrapped a wire or paperclip around a nail? Thats a coil.
Ever seen a monkey hanging from a tree by his tail? That's a coil. I joke, about "even a monkey can do it" Well with his tail anyway.

The main thing, is you have a regulated mod, with safety protection. So the worst that can happen, is the coil doesn't work and you toss 8 cents worth of wire in the trash and start again. In other words, it is nothing to be scared of. You can even use any old bit of wire and just practice, like peel the plastic off a twist tie, and use that. (DO NOT use it to vape on though.. it is just to practice on)

Its something to try when you are ready or not, your choice. I had to start, coils were costing me more than cigarettes. LOL.. Now i just build mainly as a hobby. Anyway, if you do decide to try it, post on here, there are lots of people to help. Just mention your mod,,atomizer and batteries.
I'll take your advice on that. Thanks for the tip, man! Err... I have another question, if you don't mind. This keeps bothering me and I think it's not normal. My amps tends to go down from 22 to 17. Sometimes, it goes down to 15. But if it's in standby or "locked" mode. It goes back to 22amps. Is that another problem? :(

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll take your advice on that. Thanks for the tip, man! Err... I have another question, if you don't mind. This keeps bothering me and I think it's not normal. My amps tends to go down from 22 to 17. Sometimes, it goes down to 15. But if it's in standby or "locked" mode. It goes back to 22amps. Is that another problem? :(
to me it sounds like an issue with the build or mod. it's not making a good circuit connection. it could be anywhere and not sure if you can go through it all currently to find the issue.
As far as amps, that's what the board is putting out and doesn't mean anything in regards to the amperage drawn form the batteries themselves. regulated mods use a DC-DC convertor so the amp drawn from the battery =/= the amps supplied to the build.
I made a basic battery safety video that will give you some good info if you wanted to watch

That should let you know enough about how the mods work and how to stay safe.

as far as troubleshooting the issue do you have anything else to try? other mods, other atomizers an ohm meter etc? i can try and walk you through step by step to discover the issue if you have other things to try

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Cool, Thanks Richard, I think your vid is very helpful:wave:<3
Thanks!
that was the point of making it. we see this question alot and instead of having to retype the full explanation every time. one quick video can explain everything they need to know for the basics. :cheers:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@TheThing0128 --- hate to throw another wrench in the conversation... but can we get some pictures of your RDA please? It sure would help everyone pitching in to help.

TheThing0128

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
to me it sounds like an issue with the build or mod. it's not making a good circuit connection. it could be anywhere and not sure if you can go through it all currently to find the issue.
As far as amps, that's what the board is putting out and doesn't mean anything in regards to the amperage drawn form the batteries themselves. regulated mods use a DC-DC convertor so the amp drawn from the battery =/= the amps supplied to the build.
I made a basic battery safety video that will give you some good info if you wanted to watch

That should let you know enough about how the mods work and how to stay safe.

as far as troubleshooting the issue do you have anything else to try? other mods, other atomizers an ohm meter etc? i can try and walk you through step by step to discover the issue if you have other things to try
Thanks, man! I'll watch this soon as I get home.

VU Sponsors