• Low Resistance Protection
  • Battery Imbalance Prtection
  • Low Input Voltage Warning
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Overheat Protection
  • MicroUSB Port - Firmware Upgrades
  • Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
My review

So if you were picking today between this and the Kaos as VW only device, which gets the nod?

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So if you were picking today between this and the Kaos as VW only device, which gets the nod?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but i figured I'd give my 2 pennies since I carry both daily. Pick the one you like the most aesthetically. They are the same device. I like the feel and centered 510 of the funchai better but the battery door of the kaos better. I like the look of the funchai so I'd choose it but it's all subjective.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to admit I didn't like the Duo 3 at first because of the poor TC. I have used it every day since I got it though in power mode and really like it. I am a 30mm tank enthusiast though so the Duo 3 is a great fit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have to admit I didn't like the Duo 3 at first because of the poor TC. I have used it every day since I got it though in power mode and really like it. I am a 30mm tank enthusiast though so the Duo 3 is a great fit.

Yeah IDK why it's so much worse then the snow wolf 365 and kaos. I thought sig was headed in the right direction.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys.

Pulled the trigger on the Kaos. Don't use 30ml attys, and I think looking at the build of both I ultimately was left with more confidence that it was a better bet to hold up longer.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kaos lasted a little over a month. Started auto firing on it's own today.

Week past it's 30 day return/exchange warranty too.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man! That purely sucks! :(

My cheap ass hadn't been burned going down the cheapest-possible-price china box route in a few years, so I was kinda due for dud anyway (of course they still haven't even responded to my warranty inquiry email lol).

My $30 replacement Sigelei Fuchai Duo 2 came today :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My cheap ass hadn't been burned going down the cheapest-possible-price china box route in a few years, so I was kinda due for dud anyway (of course they still haven't even responded to my warranty inquiry email lol).

My $30 replacement Sigelei Fuchai Duo 2 came today :)
Best of luck with the Duo. After the Kaos lasting 30 days I would of went with a different brand but hey that is just me.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best of luck with the Duo. After the Kaos lasting 30 days I would of went with a different brand but hey that is just me.

My old school Sigelei 100w Plus that's been around since before TC even existed is still kicking strong for a friend today, and as is the original Fuchai 213 that everyone else wrote off as junk (probably the best $40 I spent on vaping stuff imo).

Now if this craps out early though....

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My old school Sigelei 100w Plus that's been around since before TC even existed is still kicking strong for a friend today, and as is the original Fuchai 213 that everyone else wrote off as junk (probably the best $40 I spent on vaping stuff imo).

Now if this craps out early though....
The duo is built solid. Most sig mods are. The issues with them was lies about performance.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The duo is built solid. Most sig mods are. The issues with them was lies about performance.

Good review SR.....:wave:

https://www.eightvape.com has um for $30 bucks....might get a couple just because it will take 30mm attys.....:)

Have a couple old 150 watt Sigelei mods which keep on truckin....no temp control naturally, for 30 bucks, who cares.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

https://www.eightvape.com has um for $30 bucks....might get a couple just because it will take 30mm attys.....:)

Have a couple old 150 watt Sigelei mods which keep on truckin....no temp control naturally, for 30 bucks, who cares.
Exactly, 30mm friendly is always a plus. Wait until you see the mod I'm having built. I think you'll like it :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Use coupon code reddit12 to drop the price even more.

I just seen they have hexohms with the coupon its like 30 bucks cheaper then direct.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly, 30mm friendly is always a plus. Wait until you see the mod I'm having built. I think you'll like it :)

Bought two from eightvape....came to $52 w/change & free shipping.....:wave:

I'm having a couple NIpwm's built by 5150 mods from eBay.....the guy is a Modmaker....unlike the joker we have here claiming to be a PWM modmaker...:devil:.. won't mention his name, but you catch the drift....:crazy:

Fucking guy should be cutting meat, NOT making mods. I made the sad mistake of buying one of his overpriced pieces of shit, which burnt up for the second time after ONE hit (each time)....I'm sending it to 5150 so he can make it into a functional NIpwm.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah, one dud isn't enough to make me question Sigelei's build quality, and really my point was at the time it was pretty great deal if you were looking past that and were in the market for a small form factor VW box (before more of the same general size started popping up).

To Sigelei's CS credit here I did hear back from them today too. The usual send me all your info and a video stuff, which hopefully plays out well for me. Which it should, since a video of watching it sit there by itself for a full minute before randomly firing the tank I had on it to a loud sizzling state (no shutoff until I manually stepped in) is pretty freaking damning.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely made me second guess about how I leave my stuff laying around at that too, while assuming I was lucky to catch it while being there. I imagine a continuous fire (which seemed to be firing a lot higher then the 38w it was set at) until the battery drains has the potential to not end well.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Bought two from eightvape....came to $52 w/change & free shipping.....:wave:

I'm having a couple NIpwm's built by 5150 mods from eBay.....the guy is a Modmaker....unlike the joker we have here claiming to be a PWM modmaker...:devil:.. won't mention his name, but you catch the drift....:crazy:

Fucking guy should be cutting meat, NOT making mods. I made the sad mistake of buying one of his overpriced pieces of shit, which burnt up for the second time after ONE hit (each time)....I'm sending it to 5150 so he can make it into a functional NIpwm.

Nice. And yeah I wanted to go with someone more established as well. Never heard of the eBay dude but getting mine from vaporlips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To Sigelei's CS credit here I did hear back from them today too. The usual send me all your info and a video stuff, which hopefully plays out well for me. Which it should, since a video of watching it sit there by itself for a full minute before randomly firing the tank I had on it to a loud sizzling state (no shutoff until I manually stepped in) is pretty freaking damning.

To their further credit and for the record, I did receive a brand new and sealed replacement Kaos from Sigelei today. 2 week total turn around with them paying all the shipping.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To their further credit and for the record, I did receive a brand new and sealed replacement Kaos from Sigelei today. 2 week total turn around with them paying all the shipping.
For whatever it's worth, I have 2 of the Kaos and my wife has one. All of them have worked fine with no issues. I also picked up a cheap Duo 3 and am liking it. Seems pretty solid.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Apparently from I'm reading on the Sigelei service site is there is 3 versions of this mod. A Duo-3 (175w) A Duo-3 Two Cover version (175w/255w) and a Duo-3 2/3 (175w/225w) can anyone confirm or deny this? I bought a Duo-3 from Ecig and they showing it as a 225w mod. Not sure why. Maybe the op @SirRichardRear can shed some light on this

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Apparently from I'm reading on the Sigelei service site is there is 3 versions of this mod. A Duo-3 (175w) A Duo-3 Two Cover version (175w/255w) and a Duo-3 2/3 (175w/225w) can anyone confirm or deny this? I bought a Duo-3 from Ecig and they showing it as a 225w mod. Not sure why. Maybe the op @SirRichardRear can shed some light on this
all the same mod. 2 versions of SKU 1 comes with both doors one comes with the dual door only

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well see, here is the one I purchased. CS rep there guaranteed me mine would have both covers. The specs say 225. Could it be a earlier/later version? All I know is I want all of dat 255 lol

https://www.ecig.com/sigelei-fuchai-duo-3-175w-box-mod.html

I know the link says 175 but both are on same page.
only way to get the 225 is with triple batteries if one says 255 could be a typo lol. it's only 1 version though. i only tested mine with the dual door as the triple door wasn't even out yet. i do have a triple door though. never used it yet

expat42451

Member For 4 Years
Might have to get me one of those. Good review, Sir Richard! My Gen 3 after a week hasnt missed a beat on AF and now I think I want another multi battery mod.

Thanks

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

My firing button is fucking up already....more junk from Sigelei. If I don't push the fire button just right, no dice.

They should have stuck with the older version mod design, which are much more rugged than this piece of scrap plastic and paper thin metal.

VU Sponsors