Become a Patron!

SIGELEI FUCHAI TEMP BUILDS?

Scott_Vapes22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone, been vaping and building coils on a sigelei 100 for about a year now, just bought my first temp control mod, the fuchai.
I did some research on ti wire, seeing as I can't use nickel due to an allergy. And I picked up some 26, 24, and 22 gauge. I threw a 26 Guage dual coil about .22 ohms and set resitance, but it just seems weird. Vapor isn't warm at all, even at 572F. And flavor doesn't seem as good as kanthal. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a preferred build people with tx experience like to use, but I am highly open to suggestions.

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
I have 2 of the fuchais, after the first had to be returned for a bad fire button, I ordered another as a back up. Just been using pw mode with the tfv4 and believe I found my perfect combo. Also liking the dark horse rda on it as well. I looked into TI but didn't see a reason to try it. I found few people at my local shop who tried it and kept using it. I know this isn't what you asked for but.....?
NCH

Scott_Vapes22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just very curious to use temp control with everyone talking about it, but I'm honestly starting to think it's just a gimmick for now. My regular kanthal builds are rather nice. Ah well, guess temp control just isn't for me.

I have a Fuchai running in Ni Temp Control mode with a Uwell Crown tank (using prebuilt ni200 coil). When I first turn the device on and set the resistance, it reads 0.16 ohm. If I vape at around 450'F, the vape is decent but not dense at all and I get no flavor. After I take a few hits and set the resistance again, it changes to 0.25 ohm. With this setup, the vape is much more flavorful and dense. I can repeat this issue as many times as possible. Does anyone know why this happens?

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can't get an accurate read until the coil has cooled to room temperature. Need to let it cool completely before resetting.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

My issue is, the initial setting on the cool coil is .16 ohm and that produces little vape. Once it heats and I set it again (reads .25 ohm). It's a perfect vape. Now that it's set at that resistance I can keep vaping good. It's probably not a big deal and that's just how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d0ef556866efb517cb9a383f7ff51832.jpg

Loving the setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We need more folks to chime in but for me? You need to be setting the coil resistance as true as possible. If you do that and vapor production is low then you should increase the wattage a bit at a time until you get goodness.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also... The Fuchai doesn't have tcr setting. The last time I had an ni200 coil in my Herakles on the Fuchai I had the temp set at about 470. Your relative enjoyment might be better at correct resistance and a bit higher temp.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah sorry. I've got moditous. On THIS mod you cannot set wattage in TC mode. Correct. Then below that I said I had mine up to about 470. With correct resistance set. Again one major issue with this mod and TC is no tcr setting. And we won't get it as it can't be updated.

Hey everyone, been vaping and building coils on a sigelei 100 for about a year now, just bought my first temp control mod, the fuchai.
I did some research on ti wire, seeing as I can't use nickel due to an allergy. And I picked up some 26, 24, and 22 gauge. I threw a 26 Guage dual coil about .22 ohms and set resitance, but it just seems weird. Vapor isn't warm at all, even at 572F. And flavor doesn't seem as good as kanthal. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a preferred build people with tx experience like to use, but I am highly open to suggestions.

Are you making sure that you have the right TC mode? You said that you're using Ti, make sure the device in in Ti mode. I really enjoy Sigelei but the 200W Fuchai too me was rushed out just like the 50W v1. I seen just at my local B&M several people who bought the 200W Fuchai for $60 in store having TC problems. There is a reason why the Fuchai goes for lower than the 150W TC. Anyhow, i hope you get things worked out. When i first tried TC i really didn't care for it...took almost a week to get use to lol!

VU Sponsors