Become a Patron!

Sigelei mini or Cloupor mini

Gina3FVAPE

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cloupor mini was recently released, but my friend said he prefers Sigelei mini which has a better chipset.
I am only a starter and my friend suggested me not to play with VV mod for my level as I am not experienced, I am just a curious cat and willing to get more knowledge about the mod.
Thank you for sharing what you know.

Last edited:

vapedee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it ??? -would be very interested to hear comments on this. Which is the best mini ???

vapedee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been using iStick for 2 weeks. Great battery life for the first week - now slightly less but still gives a bit more than a day of solid vaping
Other than that its been great. Just wondering if the battery can be changed at a later stage as it seems to be sealed unit ?

Gina3FVAPE

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard sigelei is using a different chip but also wonder which is better. Cloupor mini comes battery removable so you can change battery compare with iStick.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cloupor mini was recently released and now on sale on my shop 3FVAPE (Both Black and Silver), but my friend said he prefers Sigelei mini which has a better chipset.

VitoriaRi

I can't give a direct comparison between the Sigelei mini and Cloupors mini... but I want to point out that your friend can't either unless they were given a presales version to try out and test. The Cloupor is available for presale but isn't expected until the end of this year at the earliest or first of next year. Cloupor's previous 30w was well recieved by many... but again we can't assume at this point that the Mini will be using the same one yet or a different possibly updated one.

What we can say is more about each companies recent track records... Sigelei's latest mods have been very well received with few complaints ( except with their wavy lines on the 100 Plus :D which every makes fun of ). Cloupor's latest models have been poorly received with many comments on the issues that are being reported. So the question now becomes... did Cloupor address the concerns we've seen on the previous models and did they or didn't they actually improve on the previous 30w's chipset with this model or did they just rush out another new mod.

The Sigelei past suggests their Mini will be a solid contender... with Cloupor it is really an unknown based on the recent products but their older 30w was pretty good. It is true, if we may borrow a gambling term... the odds on favorite right now is the Sigelei... but we can't completely discount the Cloupor until we've actually seen it.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VitoriaRi

I can't give a direct comparison between the Sigelei mini and Cloupors mini... but I want to point out that your friend can't either unless they were given a presales version to try out and test. The Cloupor is available for presale but isn't expected until the end of this year at the earliest or first of next year. Cloupor's previous 30w was well recieved by many... but again we can't assume at this point that the Mini will be using the same one yet or a different possibly updated one.

What we can say is more about each companies recent track records... Sigelei's latest mods have been very well received with few complaints ( except with their wavy lines on the 100 Plus :D which every makes fun of ). Cloupor's latest models have been poorly received with many comments on the issues that are being reported. So the question now becomes... did Cloupor address the concerns we've seen on the previous models and did they or didn't they actually improve on the previous 30w's chipset with this model or did they just rush out another new mod.

The Sigelei past suggests their Mini will be a solid contender... with Cloupor it is really an unknown based on the recent products but their older 30w was pretty good. It is true, if we may borrow a gambling term... the odds on favorite right now is the Sigelei... but we can't completely discount the Cloupor until we've actually seen it.
My personal experience with the Sigelei 50w and Cloupor T6 was just the opposite: crappy connector with the Sigelei; flawless performance with the T6. Looks like Sigelei addressed the connector issue with both the mini 30 and v2 50w, so we'll see.

Last edited:

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only experienced one Sigelei and it was one of the mech mod clones that they were cranking out so fast and didn't even take the time to name them... they were all numbers. Mine was ok for a while but quickly went downhill... the reviews were all over the place. Rather recently, most of the reviews of their stuff that I've read have been pretty good overall.

Cloupor really started off with great even almost awesome reviews... then they started getting bad reviews everywhere it seemed including the T6 from what I've read of... of course since I haven't used any of their products, that is all I can do... pass on hearsay.

The design qualities... and QC of those on these types of companies goes up and down more than the stock market it seems at times. I've gotten to the point that I often prefer to wait and watch... the trouble is that I often get caught up in the spin just like others. That's why, when I think of it... I try to keep things in perspective until we've seen enough reports and reviews to actually say this or that product is good or bad.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cloupor mini was recently released and now on sale on my shop 3FVAPE (Both Black and Silver), but my friend said he prefers Sigelei mini which has a better chipset.
I am only a starter and my friend suggested me not to play with VV mod for my level as I am not experienced, I am just a curious cat and willing to get more knowledge about the mod.

Given the two options you're looking at I would go with the Clouper. You get similar specs on both with regard to wattage output. Clouper has a convenient magnetic battery bay, 510 adjustable connection and pass through, 7-30 watts of power. Good Luck in your choice.

Last edited:

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't really speak much for Cloupor but I can for Sigelei. I started a few threads just to get an idea of what I want my next purchase when it comes to a regulated device. Everybody except one person told me how much they love their Sigelei and how well it has worked for them, and the one person I mentioned has an iPV so he didn't have anything bad to say about Sigelei.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Haven't I moved a couple threads now to sales & promotions??

monkey39

Member For 4 Years
What is this Sigelei Mini that's referred to here? Are you talking about the Sigelei Zmax Mini? Or are you by chance talking about the IPV Mini?

In any case, I would trust Sigelei before Cloupor. I have the Sigelei Zmax Mini, 30 watt and 100 watt (V2), and they have all been solid devices that performed up to stated specs. From Cloupor I only have the T6 100 watt - it's an okay device, but definitely cannot provide the 100 watts that it purports to. But I usually vape ~25-30 watts, so it works for my vape style. I do have the Cloupor Mini on pre-order, as their 30 watt chips seems to be solid.

FYI - the Sigelei 30 watt, 100 watt and 150 watt all use authentic Yihi chips, which have proven to be good performers.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is this Sigelei Mini that's referred to here? Are you talking about the Sigelei Zmax Mini? Or are you by chance talking about the IPV Mini?

In any case, I would trust Sigelei before Cloupor. I have the Sigelei Zmax Mini, 30 watt and 100 watt (V2), and they have all been solid devices that performed up to stated specs. From Cloupor I only have the T6 100 watt - it's an okay device, but definitely cannot provide the 100 watts that it purports to. But I usually vape ~25-30 watts, so it works for my vape style. I do have the Cloupor Mini on pre-order, as their 30 watt chips seems to be solid.

FYI - the Sigelei 30 watt, 100 watt and 150 watt all use authentic Yihi chips, which have proven to be good performers.
http://www.sigelei.com/goods.php?id=617

Also, unless you have access to an oscilloscope and know how to use it properly, you really don't know whether your particular T6 can output 100 watts.

There is one guy out there who goes by "alkalineb" on Reddit who attempted such a test on Youtube, but it doesn't look like he did it correctly.

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cloupor mini was recently released, but my friend said he prefers Sigelei mini which has a better chipset.

it should come down to cast. the cloupor will run about $50 bucks, the sigelei $70-80. both companies product have issues. i have 3 sigelei 50watt box mods, 1st run. all have issues. the sigelei 30 watt has a failure rate of over 10%. cloupor, on the other hand, basically screwed up everything they did.

comparing both, even though the sigelei mini has a spring loaded 510 pin, it is much larger than the cloupor. IF, and it's a big if, the chip in the cloupor works as it's supposed to, it will be a better bargain, and not necessarily a better mod. sigelei, however, seems to have nailed it with the 100 plus.

ismoka just announced a 30 watt iStick and another company is putting out a 50 watt, designed as a (larger) copy of the iStick.

the battle of the "iStick killers", nee "MVP killers", has begun! the next few months will be real interesting! ;)

i think i would steer a new vaper to the iStick 30 watt. it'll be the cheapest and they can sub-ohm, if they want. the cloupor will be the cheapest entry into removable battery mods. sigelei should have made the 50 watt a mini. that would have given them an edge over the cloupor, esp with the added price.

janne303

Member For 4 Years

Sigelei says their 30 w and 50 w has their own chip

" hi yes.

it is chip made by sigelei team member.

[https://t]

[email protected]"

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Given the two options you're looking at I would go with the Clouper. You get similar specs on both with regard to wattage output. Clouper has a convenient magnetic battery bay, 510 adjustable connection and pass through, 7-30 watts of power. Good Luck in your choice.

The Sigelei mini is exactly the same. Magnetic door, passthru, 7-30w but has a spring loaded 510 rather then a manually adjustable one. I'm leaning towards to Sigelei personally. In some pics of the Clouper mini, it looks like it MIGHT have a similar front over hang that the iStick has. Plus I don't like the big Clouper logo on the side of the device. Lol

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it's going to come down to personal tastes with regard to these two mini box mods as they are very similar to each other. The Cloupor will likely retail for $40 and the Sigelei $55. Both will power up to 30 watts but the Cloupor I believe will have slightly greater voltage variance 3.6 - 7Volts. Dimension wise Cloupor 77mm and Sigelei 90 mm in height. The Cloupor is only slightly bigger than the i Stick. I really like both of them but like the appearance of the Cloupor more. Either one at $60 or less is a great deal in my opinion. If you get the IPV Mini, Cloupor or Sigelei you can't really go wrong with any of them. I wish the industry would slow down a bit and take more time in developing the best device they can without rushing to swamp the market with so many mods offering similar characteristics at the same time. This only adds to the stress of having to choose mainly on visual appeal alone.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the majority of Vapors do not sub ohm so most do not need the 50 watts and even most do not need the 30 watts. 80 % of the vapors are going to be using a Kanger and or an Aspire clearomizer. Coils for these tanks can come in low ohm coils so the istick or the Cloupor mini will work just fine. The new Innokin 20 watt will also go down to .8 ohm and fire. Some of these new mods will be useless to the majority of vapors out there. Maybe it is just me but I am perfectly satisfied with a Nautilus or my protank 2 with my rebuilt coils. These just make it so easy and give me the nic I need. I do have the Atlantis and 30 watts is just fine but the vape starts getting to warm for me above 30 watts. If I changed the subject that was not the intention. Also these 20 watt mods will fire the Kanger subtank with their 1.2 ohm coils.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the majority of Vapors do not sub ohm so most do not need the 50 watts and even most do not need the 30 watts. 80 % of the vapors are going to be using a Kanger and or an Aspire clearomizer. Coils for these tanks can come in low ohm coils so the istick or the Cloupor mini will work just fine. The new Innokin 20 watt will also go down to .8 ohm and fire. Some of these new mods will be useless to the majority of vapors out there. Maybe it is just me but I am perfectly satisfied with a Nautilus or my protank 2 with my rebuilt coils. These just make it so easy and give me the nic I need. I do have the Atlantis and 30 watts is just fine but the vape starts getting to warm for me above 30 watts. If I changed the subject that was not the intention. Also these 20 watt mods will fire the Kanger subtank with their 1.2 ohm coils.

That is exactly how I feel and I have been using electronic cigarettes for a long time. My motto is find what works for you and don't be in competition with others. In the end if you can satisfy your nicotine cravings and get a pleasant vape by using a cheap set up more power to you. Your wallet will thank you in the end. I gave away my Provari and enjoy my i Stick more than ever. I can see using mods up to 50 watts if you're into low resistance sub ohms but much past that is useless. I guess everyone will have their own tastes and interests and the market will be there to accommodate those who are willing to pay the price.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is no brainer!!!
SIGELEI is company that you can trust, dont touch anything made by crapor I mean cloupor!!! Even for a starter the VW mini by Sigelei is perfect!! REGULATED DEVICE!!! Go SIGELEI,you wont regret it,there's nothing really wrong messing with the box, this box are SAFER! AND I ASSUMED you will be using a Atlantis or clearo!
QUALITY,WARRANTY,GUARANTEE!
SIGELEI!

Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't touch Cloupor either , their chip expertise or really lack of it has really hurt their reputation.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wonder if a dna 40 chip will fit. Love the form of the box but 1) want more power 2) want a no fuss chip.
Maybe there's no room for the 40?

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It should fit a dna40 without a hitch seeing as the DNA 40 after you remove the mounting rails is the exact same size as the DNA 30.

I'm currently in the hunt for a small Hana-ish sized box for 2*18650s and a DNA 40. Thinking about grabbing a vapor flask clone, but I would prefer something a bit smaller. May wind up going diy or 3d printed.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. For under $40 it may be worth it. Need to do some homework on the dna boards. Temp control and all this new stuff, I have been a mech guy for a long time and haven't kept up with the regulated stuff.
Would suck to get this and not be able to fit a 40 in there. 30w would be about what I vape at and electronic stuff usually doesn't work well at their limits... if the cloupor chip actually puts out 30w.

For $37 bucks it may be worth a try though.

Edit
Found the evolve 40 temp chips dimensions .65” x 1.30”. Need to figure out the cloupor's chip size.

Last edited:

Plumejuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have never been let down with sig products every, hands down has been an all around good buy

janne303

Member For 4 Years
Cloupor mini is now down to $19.05 from gearbest.com with couponcode "cloupormini "

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cloupor mini is now down to $19.05 from gearbest.com with couponcode "cloupormini "

Got excited with the $19.05 however it's $29.99 when I just entered the code. Bummer must have been a one day price point.
$20 is about all the gamble I would take with past Cloupor personal experience. Others have had great experiences from Cloupor just wish I was one of them. Still really low pricing on these however they have already taken almost 4,000 pre-orders.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Condensation wrote "
Got excited with the $19.05 however it's $29.99 when I just entered the code. Bummer must have been a one day price point.
$20 is about all the gamble I would take with past Cloupor personal experience. Others have had great experiences from Cloupor just wish I was one of them. Still really low pricing on these however they have already taken almost 4,000 pre-orders"

Plus gearbest doesnt have the greatest customer service as per the Vapingcheap guy noted so you need beware.

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gearbest also has a Sigelei mini preorder. 59.99 knocked down to 39.99 with code sigeleimini.

Aswell as an iPV mini preorder 62.24 knocked down to 47.99 with code ipvmini.

Thought I'd toss those in with the cloupor code.

Last edited:

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi vitoriaRi,I know a god 180 can recommend to you that this product is the origin of Taiwan; is widely used in consumer electronics products, chip, battery: triple 18650, 2 does not work, the output voltage: 1~12.6V, adjustable power range: 5~180 watts, maximum current support, reaches 30A, recommended VTC3 / 4/5. Battery. According to this calculation, if it is 180W, the current is 26A or less. If the battery is fully charged, 20A, 0.5ohm can reach 180W (P = U ^ 2 / R) electronic cigarette box mold, from the brand of steam GOD180 watts of Defense simeiyue. Portable aluminum body style it uses, if the resistance can be reached at 0.5ohm; then tile can reach 180Watt.http://www.simeiyue.cn/smy-god-180-watt-box-mod.html
God 180 is HUGE compared to one of the mini devices..

TheCapt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got a bunch of Cloupor Mini 30watts for inventory, and liked them so much I kept one for myself. So far have been really happy. To me, it seems to be a great device, and a great value. Very well packaged, comes with nice accessories including a soft carry case, and the look and feel and build quality appear to me to be excellent. Feels great in your hand, and seems to produce more power at the same wattage than a few other devices I have here. Buttons feel and work great, and display is bright. Sorry for the lack of in depth coverage. More coming.

Will be getting the SMY 35 as well as the Sigelei Mini 30 and iStick 30 for full head to reviews shortly.

--Sam

http://captainkanger.com

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei hit a home run with their latest boxes. Cloupor shit the bed with the T5/T6/T8.. I won't buy anymore Cloupor products.
Yea, I have to agree with you. My Chana 30 crapped out last week along with my T6. Warranty? What Warranty? I now have 2 boxes I can mod myself. Not a big fan of Cloupor. They really screwed the pooch with the T5/T6/T8 not hitting the wattage and volts they advertised. The mini30 can be the most accurate mod on the market, but I won't buy one due to getting burned twice by Clourpor's quality and exaggerated specifications. While it lasted, the Chana 30W was an OK apv with some quirks like clicking to wake it up and the screen coming on randomly. I'm done with Cloupor.

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forget them I will get the new eleaf 30 watt

Hell, now Joyetech/eleaf/ismoka are releasing the iStick 50. Me want!

FIRST LOOK! iStick 50 watt by Eleaf - VapingwithT…:

Last edited:

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it looks awesome IMO. To bad the batteries aren't user replaceable, but I'll still get it for sure.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, it looks awesome IMO. To bad the batteries aren't user replaceable, but I'll still get it for sure.
You can replace them if you can solder that is what I will do and it is real easy

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can replace them if you can solder that is what I will do and it is real easy
I get that, but not quite what I meant. I'm not gonna walk around with a soldering iron in case one day Im unable to charge it and need to swap batteries. Lol

I guess you could mod it to make them more easily swapable.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The battery will last over a year they are 4400 mah so you don't have to charge them but every 4 to 5 days

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't change the fact that everyone vapes differently at dif temps using dif ohms. The battery may very well last 4-5days for some. Doesn't mean it will for everyone. This Istick goes to .2 ohm unlike the current Isticks that won't fire under 1.0ohm

It'll probably last me 2-2½ days off a charge. The ability to swap batteries is still a plus regardless of how long it can last on a charge.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doesn't change the fact that everyone vapes differently at dif temps using dif ohms. The battery may very well last 4-5days for some. Doesn't mean it will for everyone. This Istick goes to .2 ohm unlike the current Isticks that won't fire under 1.0ohm
With this one you can still vape it while charging. Getting tired of fooling with batterys all the time too

msgnyc

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just because batteries can be removed and swappable doesn't mean you have to if there is a charge port option. Plug it in. Having the option isn't a negative. Not having the option is. Lol

VU Sponsors