Become a Patron!

Sigelei Top 1 230W BOX MOD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the TOP 1 230W TC MOD from Sigelei. The TOP 1 230W TC MOD was supplied for the purpose of this review by Lily Pan from the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/sigelei-top1...17206.html

In the Box

Contents:

1pc top1
1pc usb cable
1pc user manual
1pc warranty card
1pc certificate

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Sigelei Top 1 comes in a rather nice tin which i like a lot, opening the tin reveals a device which is quite a large size with the top section protruding out. Some might find the aesthetic design of the Top 1 over the top but many like me will think it looks amazing. I received the Black Gold version but it's also available in Black and Gun Metal. The protruding top of the front of the device houses a large 1.3" coloured circular screen with thick gold rim which reminds me of a dial on the dashboard of a classic car. Underneath in a vertical row we have the gold up and down buttons followed by the micro USB port. Looking at the device from the back it looks like a fancy modern trophy with a very large gold badge at the top which looks a bit like a sports car badge. The two sides of the device has carbon fibre stickers in the lower sections with again gold rimming, the top section one side houses a very large Gold fire button with a fingertip sized concave in the middle. The bottom of the device is the battery hatch door which has a row of venting, moving to the top we have a central air fed 510 plate with gold plated, spring loaded 510. On the Black and Gun Metal versions all the features i have described as Gold are Silver apart from the badge on the back of the device which is Silver and Red. The device is very solidly made and despite it's large size the shape makes it very comfortable to hold and feels really nice when firing.

TOP 1 Specs:

Size: 89 x 55.8 x 32mm
Material: Zinc alloy
Screen: 1.3-inch circular screen
Wattage range: 10W-230W
Temperature range: 100℃-300℃/200℉-570℉
Voltage input: 6.4V-8.4V
Voltage output: 1.0V-7.5V
Maximum current: 38A
Support battery model: 2 x 18650 batteries (NOT included)
Working modes: POWER/SS316/SS317/Ni200/TCR/Ti1
Resistance range: 0.05ohm-3.00ohm
Coils supporting: NiCr/SS(316/317/304)/Ti/Ni200/TCR
USB charging: DC 5V/2.5A
Metallic texture with ergonomic design
Unique stainless steel shield decoration
Three interchangeable user interface
Colours: Black, Black Gold, Gun Metal

Using the Sigelei Top 1

The batteries are fitted via the hatch door on the base of the device in the usual manner, the hatch door has marked orientation and fits in place nice and secure. It's the standard 5 clicks to turn the device on and off and once on i was met by a very large, colourful, circular rev counter style display. There are a number of combination key press features which are, up and fire together shows two large battery symbols with current voltage status, down and fire locks and unlocks the device (the device will fire while locked) and finally when in temp control mode pressing up and down together lets you re-sample and lock the resistance. On the main screen the wattage can be altered with the up and down buttons as with most devices and of course when in temp control the temperature can be adjusted the same way. When adjusting the wattage or temperature the rev counter pointer adjusts accordingly, the pointer also moves to show power output while vaping. To enter the menu system is 3 clicks of the fire button, which brings up 3 circle sections which are, mode, set and exit, navigating on this screen and all other screens in the menu system is done using up and down then fire to select. Selecting mode brings up a number of cicles with options in them which are, power (you can set pre-heat and custom curve), 2 different SS modes, TCR, Ni and Ti, when selecting one of the temp control options it gives you the choice of Fahrenheit or Celsius. From the menu screen selecting set brings up your settings options which are, power preheat (tinker with the preheat settings), TC preheat (selecting this allows you to select wattage for temp control and a couple of other options, not sure why it's been called preheat), vape time, time set and GUI. When selecting GUI there are 3 different graphical displays you can choose from and all are very eye catching people will find their own favourite, they are all rev counters. When the device is switched off for a few seconds the screen displays a great looking analogue clock with workings before the screen switches off and if the fire button is pressed at any time while the device is off the clock is displayed for a few seconds.

Performance

Most people in power mode will love using this device as it gives accurate wattage at the sort of wattage levels most people vape at. The device also fires instantly and the fire button with the concave middle feels very nice when pressing, the reading of the resistance is also very accurate. If you vape at over 150w then this wouldn't be the device for you as it's seriously underpowered, i had a go to estimate what it will do (how can anyone vape at such high wattages and enjoy it is beyond me) and i would say 170w maximum the device does. Using the Berserker Mini at 12W found the device to be very quiet, so all good there. The battery life gave at least what i would expect from a duel battery as it seemed very good life. The device will house a 28mm tank without any sort of overhang but a 30mm would look ok in my opinion. The Top 1 is fully firmware upgradeable and supports balanced charging.

Pros

Good solid build quality
Very nice looking
Large, circular colour display
Comfortable to hold and fire
Custom Curves
Temp control
3 GUI's
Great looking analogue clock screensaver
Fires instantly
User friendly menu
Good battery life
Balanced Charging
28mm tanks without overhang
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

I don't do temp control but have heard it's not the best
Underpowered

Conclusion

If you vape at around 150W or less which is the majority of vapers the Sigelei Top 1 is a very good device in power mode, firing instantly and giving accurate wattage and resistance readings. The device is very ergonomically friendly and gives good battery life.

I would once again like to thank Lily Pan from the Healthcabin for supplying the Sigelei Top 1 for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/sigelei-top1...17206.html

VU Sponsors