Signature quit banner

Discussion in 'Report a BUG!' started by AndriaD, Jul 25, 2016.

1. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering about a problem I'm having with a particular quit-smoking banner in my sig; the ones from Since My Last Cigarette don't seem to work -- I can get the link in there, but the image won't display, though I've verified in my browser than both the link and the image link are valid.

Help?

Thx!
    Andria

2. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hi Andria, possibly because it's a GIF.

3. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Did you plug in the BB code or the pic?

What we see.

upload_2016-7-25_17-30-8.png

4. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Both actually. The banner you see is not the Since My Last Cigarette banner, because that one won't show up. That's the Ecig Alternative banner, but I'd really rather use the Since My Last Cigarette banner. If I put in the url for the image in the browser address line, it shows up just fine, so it's perfectly valid -- but VU won't display it.

And no, it's not a GIF, it's a PNG.

Andria

5. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Have you tried a simple copy/Paste?
    Although that won't keep the counter going.

6. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've used one before and I had to copy code for it. It worked fine, I just removed it for other stuff. For one that counts daily, you might have to select a different one if that's not working properly.

7. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I was going to say grab a fresh ULR, good idea Huck

8. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Ok, here's a test:

[​IMG]

See that? Yeah, me either. I pasted the URL for the image itself right above this line. VU WILL NOT SHOW IT. What I can't figure out is, WHY?

Andria

9. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Another test:

[​IMG]

The entire BBcode segment for the banner, with the link, is just above this line.

Andria

10. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
  11. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
  12. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    You need the code in your signature settings in your profile. Copy and paste the code, not in the pic link, but in your signature.

13. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    upload_2016-7-25_19-35-19.png NOT THERE.

14. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Hmm... you're seeing it, but I can't see it at all, in VU. Maybe i should try doing it in chrome instead of FF.

Andria

15. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    If you're pasting a link in the pic box area, you're only going get get a pic. If the banner you want doesn't offer a code to paste, it's not going to work properly.

16. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I figured it out! I wasn't seeing it in chrome either -- turns out it was the stupid ABP blocking it! Idiot thing!

So in the famous words of Emily Litella: "Nevermind." :)

Andria

17. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Now it works. As you can see, the time count on this one is much more accurate than on any of the others -- that's why I wanted to use it; the others are giving me an extra day of quit time, probably something to do with leap year or something like that.

Andria

18. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    :gaah::cuss2::cuss2::cuss2:

:teehee:

AndriaD likes this.
  19. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy In this wonderful land, she hands me an apple. VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hi @AndriaD! I haven't been on - my back flared up big time. I couldn't walk for 4 days. Chuck had to help me. I'm still bad today. Shuffling around the house like I'm 99 yrs old and my legs would give out on me. Good thing I see the doc on Wednesday for a new set of shots. And, the new meds make me lose my memory sometimes and my coordination. Trying to type takes me twice as long. Gaah! Falling apart at age 56. 31 days until 57. Oh joy.

But, I get to spend $2,000 vape shopping! And what the hell is going on with FastTech? They won't let you check out with PayPal. Bitcoins. They want you to check out with Bitcoins. I don't have freakin' Bitcoins! My hubby does. I either use my Visa or PayPal. Anyone know what's going on there?

Andrea, I lost our conversation for some reason. If you still have it, would please send it?

20. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    This would be worthy of it's own thread. Not quite as visible in this one.