SIGNS OF NICOTINE OVERDOSE

Discussion in 'Electronic Cigarette Safety' started by vapingmandycat, Jun 4, 2014.

1. bugalien

bugalien Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    :eek::zombie:

2. MrScaryZ

MrScaryZ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    yeah its kinda like simulating heart attack a rush then the heart pounds real fast then you get sweaty not good Baaaaad!

AndriaD and ej1024 like this.
  3. bugalien

Blog Posts:
    When I first got the Alien kit, I had the sweats, some nausea, and loose stools when I vaped too much on 3mg nic! However I had already been off the cigs for a few months but seemed to have no problem inhaling the pipe tobacco and Black and Mild cigars my husband caught me doing. The cigar inhaling on wine night was what promted him to buy me that Alien kit. He had no issue with the occasional cigar smoking, but was disturbed by the inhalation. :teehee:. Still it was a good thing because I only smoked 2 times since and it was regretably nasty to my taste buds and the awful taste and smell lingered even after brushing and washing up. :blech:

IMHO, alcohol consumption has a way to make nicotine more desireable and tolerable in large amounts. I would smoke 3 times as much when I used to drink more heavily that a couple glasses of wine.:rolleyes:

4. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Lord yes. When I drank, I woke up so often the next morning feeling like I'd huffed several full ashtrays. :facepalm:

One thing that I've RARELY seen mentioned is that too much PG can bring on diarrhea too. Since I have to use such high PG, this is something I have to be very careful about; I'm ok at 85%, 86%, even 86.5%... but once I push it all the way to 87%, after a couple days, I'm in need of Immodium. :facepalm: It's certainly not the nicotine, at 3mg, 10w tootle-puffing.

Andria

bugalien likes this.
  5. bugalien

Blog Posts:
    Never thought about the PG, other than discovering that it bothered me in other ways, like coughing and just feeling unwell in general. I was vaping 70VG/30PG and a 50/50 juice when the loose stools were happening to me. lol Now I vape max VG and even add some extra VG to juices.

6. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I guess it's probably a little known effect of the PG, since high-PG vaping has really gone out of style except for those few of us who can't handle much VG... and you really have to push the PG to an extreme, to notice it -- I knew of one or two over at Butthole Central who vaped 90%-100% PG, I wonder if it ever bothered them. Or maybe it's just an individual thing, like the intolerance of this or that. But I recall that someone mentioned it in passing over yonder, when I mentioned how much PG I normally use, and when it hit me, I realized it was probably the 87% PG. Backed off to 85%, and the problem vanished.

Andria

7. Jazzpa715

Jazzpa715 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Several variables in motion when trying to figure out how much nic to begin with. Most will use "pen" vaporizers which are not as efficient and will need a higher nic. Sub ohm tanks and/or RDAs are more efficient and need less nic. I have not found a shop that recommends the right amount more than 50% of the time, they seem to follow their own preference. It is better to error on the low side, you can always go up without wasting juice/money.

8. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I started with a cigalike eRoll, and still had to go all the way down to 6mg before I could vape regularly. Within a few months, I was vaping 10mg from a kayfun... I think the difference is that at first, trying to avoid smoking, I was vaping literally every waking minute... once I calmed down a bit, I ciould handle more nic, even though I was using a far more efficient atomizer -- because I set it down sometimes.

Andria

9. The Vape Crusader

The Vape Crusader Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Anyone using above 3 in a sub ohm tank is beyond my comprehension :)

bugalien likes this.
  10. bugalien

Blog Posts:
    At first I couldn't handle 3, but I am dripping 6 mg with coffee at this moment. I went up instead of down... Probably because my husband uses 6 and we share juices. I use 3 as a base and drip 6 several times a day when it would be tough, like coffee time, after meals, when I get stressed and need to chill, or after a long drive.

11. Slurp812

Slurp812 Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I did 24 mg once. Thought i was going to pass out.

12. DailyTrees

DailyTrees New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    3MG is the magic number for me! Started with 32MG, the highest I could possibly find and let me just say that stuff will knock you outta your socks.

13. Aleexxx llyydd

Aleexxx llyydd New Member

Blog Posts:
    ive messed up real bad. I was using 16 mg a lot once i got on electronic cigarettes and i am nauseous shaky weak and all messed up right now. Dont know if its nocotine overdose thats really bad or not

14. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Go to the hospital

15. ttatlanta

ttatlanta Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Stop vaping and eat. You know, food.

Whiskey likes this.
  16. OneBadWolf

OneBadWolf VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:

Probably just Mother Nature wanting to correct a mistake. Sort of a retroactive abortion. My advice is just go with it. You won't be missed by Big Pharma/tobacco or the FDA.

Whiskey likes this.
  17. ttatlanta

ttatlanta Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
  18. Mikhail Naumov

Mikhail Naumov VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Of course this thread exists.

I've gotten WAY too nic'd out before and gotten some mild nausea and a racing heart, but other than that, not too much problems. That was from the first time I put in dipping tobacco, some Grizzly wintergreen. God damn that stuff was HORRIBLE, but fuck it was STRONG. I told myself never again after that and stuck to the cancer sticks until I finally switched to vaping outright about 4-5 years ago.