Become a Patron!

Simple Dual 18650 mod & RDA Suggestions, please

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am almost 2 months into vaping & have grown very fond of it. I have the Eleaf Pico 75w, Vaporesso Revenger with tank & a Smok Cloud Chaser. I like the Pico well but sometimes just want more. I like the Revenger but honestly don't know enough about it to probably work it properly. The Cloud Beast tank was suggested by local shop & it is really nice but don't always want to rock 90 watts. The only thing I use is watts & don't know jack about the temps or most of the functions on it (local shop will probably help but haven't caught the right ones in there to ask) and have found it to be a little top heavy which has led to several knock overs & off counters. The actually weight of it doesn't bother me.

My questions are actually 2: one about a mod suggestion & the other about an RDA. The reason for the mod is just something simple. I looked at the Squid Vape Double Barrel & like the simplicity of it & don't mind the cost so much if it is worth it...being a girl it is a little manly looking but I could get past that by adding a skin. The reason for the RDA is rather simple: started mixing juice & quickly discovered a tank is a PIA for testing juice...especially if it sucks! I have been looking at the Dead Rabbit & am seriously considering it; my local shop has one & it is more expensive than buying online but the owner is super nice & will help me learn to use it properly, make coils, etc. which is a fair trade off in my mind.

Thank you for any suggestions & appreciate all the nice people on here.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I too recently started mixing my own juice. I wanted a tester atomizer too. I opted for a combo RDA/RDTA (the CoilArt Mage Combo). That way I could use it as an RDTA when I didn't need an RDA. Really I've found it was unnecessary to go to a combo atomizer. A straight up RDTA would have done just as well. You can easily use an RDTA as a dripper from time to time. In any case I hardly ever use the thing as a dripper. I mostly use it as a tank. I'm glad I bought one that I can use every day, all day in any case. In retrospect I should probably have bought an RTA & a very cheap RDA for the odd time I would need one. The RDTA is a bit of a pain IMO. The RTA is easier. I have a Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme V2 ordered & on the way. It is a combination RDA/RTA. I really didn't buy it for the RDA aspect at all. I just want a good RTA & this one gets a lot of love on a lot of forums.
Here's a cheap RDA. I don't know how good it is but it's cheap 4 sure.
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Eleaf-Lemo-Drip-RDA-Atomizer.html

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eleaf makes a Pico dual mod that goes to 200W. Its a good mod and doesn't cost that much.

There are tons of RDAs out there but I'm hearing alot of good things about the Peerless and Pulse.

Hope that helps. :)

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Eleaf makes a Pico dual mod that goes to 200W. Its a good mod and doesn't cost that much.

There are tons of RDAs out there but I'm hearing alot of good things about the Peerless and Pulse.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks! I went by my local shop today & they loaned me a Peerless to try & see if I like dripping. All I can say is WOW! I have seriously been missing out :/. I still want the Dead Rabbit...mainly because I like the looks better. I have the Peerless on my Vaporesso Revenger & am thinking I will stick with it until I find a mod I really want. I can't even begin to express how much better I like this than either the tank that came with the Vaporesso or the Cloud Beast I have. I am going to use it for a couple of days to see if I change my mind but seriously doubt it. The flavor is so much better and the chain vaping I sometimes do is not a problem ;) I think I can load it up well enough to get me to & from work...maybe one day move to squonking once I find my all day vapes.

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I too recently started mixing my own juice. I wanted a tester atomizer too. I opted for a combo RDA/RDTA (the CoilArt Mage Combo). That way I could use it as an RDTA when I didn't need an RDA. Really I've found it was unnecessary to go to a combo atomizer. A straight up RDTA would have done just as well. You can easily use an RDTA as a dripper from time to time. In any case I hardly ever use the thing as a dripper. I mostly use it as a tank. I'm glad I bought one that I can use every day, all day in any case. In retrospect I should probably have bought an RTA & a very cheap RDA for the odd time I would need one. The RDTA is a bit of a pain IMO. The RTA is easier. I have a Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme V2 ordered & on the way. It is a combination RDA/RTA. I really didn't buy it for the RDA aspect at all. I just want a good RTA & this one gets a lot of love on a lot of forums.
Here's a cheap RDA. I don't know how good it is but it's cheap 4 sure.
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Eleaf-Lemo-Drip-RDA-Atomizer.html

Thanks. I may check out the RDTAs...sound like they would be good to use when driving. I think part of my thing is I really like the looks of the Dead Rabbit. Who knows I may end up with more than one...from what I see all things vaping are like potato chips- "you can't have just one!"

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks. I may check out the RDTAs...sound like they would be good to use when driving. I think part of my thing is I really like the looks of the Dead Rabbit. Who knows I may end up with more than one...from what I see all things vaping are like potato chips- "you can't have just one!"
Buying vape gear is addictive. Hardly a week goes by anymore that I don't order something online. I have my stuff delivered to work so I can get it right away on delivery day. My coworkers think I'm crazy. Actually they now realize I am crazy.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the Dead Rabbit. Using it in single coil configuration right now... it's a flavor bomblet for sure.

dead rabbit.jpg

bmclaurin

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dead Rabbit is great for sure. Pulse 24 is even better IMO and easier to wick (not that the DR is hard).

As for mods, I’m a fan of the double barrel. Can’t go wrong there. Hexohm v3 is another truly great one, especially for what you’re planning to use it for. The fact that it’s simply “dial to taste” without the added distraction of a screen is vaping simplicity and enjoyment at its purest. You’d need an ohm meter for your builds if you went that route though.

FA081_FA4-0_E8_A-4_EBE-9522-9901_EA784172.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors