Become a Patron!

Simple questions on drippers and smoke output... Newb Needs Help!

I'm new to the vaping experience. I've been vaping with an itazte mvp pen until it kind of sputtered on me. Now it doesn't smoke right. So I'm thinking of purchasing a new vaporizer but I have some simple questions.

1. Isn't a dripper impractical?
I'm used to a tank I fill up and don't have to think about again til the end of the day. Isn't it highly impractical to be expected to carry an e liquid around and keep redripping the liquid onto the machine?

After all I'm a recently retired cigarette smoking maniac. The vaporizer is meant to fulfill the function of the cigarette in terms of all day use.

2. How do I know when the dripper is out of fluid?
simple one.

3. Is there a way to lower smoke output on some of these more powerful devices, say maybe by decreasing wattage?

I'm attracted to some of the pens on the market but again, I see them as being very impractical for daily use. I see it limiting to use inside your residence, or room if you live with other people who don't like smoke. Smoking outdoors and producing that type of smoke around other people will get you stomped out by a mob - understandably so.

I was doing great with my itazte, it produced more smoke than a cigarette but not to an excessive extent. The tank was also large enough and predictable. Yet, I won't buy it again after it already stopped working on me.

Thank you for reading and baring with my newbness lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Christian.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well bud, welcome to VU :) Since no one else has taken a stab at this I'll do my best...I will place my answers to your questions in a quoted box down below in red. Remember, we vape, it's not smoke it's vapor...we have to make that very important distinction to keep ourselves distanced from that other thing a lot of us used to do so we don't get lumped into the same catagory permanently which we strive hard to avoid. Well...here goes nothing,,,Click on the box to see the whole quoted reply....

I'm new to the vaping experience. I've been vaping with an itazte mvp pen until it kind of sputtered on me. Now it doesn't smoke right. So I'm thinking of purchasing a new vaporizer but I have some simple questions.

1. Isn't a dripper impractical?
I'm used to a tank I fill up and don't have to think about again til the end of the day. Isn't it highly impractical to be expected to carry an e liquid around and keep redripping the liquid onto the machine? Dripping may seem impractical to a new vaper...I can understand that and see how you would think that...but dripping and RDA's were born out of necessity. People started dripping because the cartridge systems available at the time were horrible and sub par. Carto's were still being perfected and clearomizers hadn't been invented yet. The only way to get a decent vape out of the gear at the time was to remove the cartridge from the atomizer and drip liquid directly on it....the improvement in vape quality was instant and the dripping "trend' was born. Dripping on a properly build RDA is still the best vape availible to date, although many prefer RTA's (rebuildable tank atomizers) for not having to drip every few hits and the new sub ohm clearomizers are finally catching up the "fill and go" type of tank in vape quality to a dripper, but they haven't quite matched for par yet. There are some vapors who will never do anything but drip, and some who will never drip...it's all about personal preference and no one can say which is the right way, only their prefered way.

After all I'm a recently retired cigarette smoking maniac. The vaporizer is meant to fulfill the function of the cigarette in terms of all day use. Then for you yes, a clearo tank is the best way to go....as many of us continued to vape over time it became more of a hobby and not just a way to quit smoking and we enjoy rebuilding and mixing our own liquids and helping others get into vaping and not just using it as a tool to get off tobacco products.

2. How do I know when the dripper is out of fluid?
simple one. By taste and feel. There is no way to explain the taste and feel of a dry hit or a burned wick. Once you've experienced you'll never forget and after a couple you learn to tell by taste and feel that your wick is drying out and needs liquid added to it...trust me...that is just one we all have had to learn the hard way. Wish it could be told, save a lot of people a bad experience but it also teaches them how to avoid it all at the same time.

3. Is there a way to lower smoke output on some of these more powerful devices, say maybe by decreasing wattage? Yes there is but it kind of defeats their purpose...unless you plan to use them for both low and high wattage vaping and only want a single device. Basically you can lower your vape output by how you build your coil and turning your wattage down on a varible wattage device or what type of wire and build combined if you're using a mech. there are still several basic clearo's and carto' on the market that produce the about the same amount of vapor that a drag off a cigarette would produce and equivalent amount of smoke for the same drag. You don't have to use something that produces a lot of vapor...it's just that cloud chasing has become trendy unfortunately and vape gear makers are catering to it which doesn't help....there are plenty of low vapor producing toppers out there still and most of them will work on your itaste or any other regular ego style battery not requiring a larger and more expensive mod if that is an avenue you do not wish to persue at this time.

I'm attracted to some of the pens on the market but again, I see them as being very impractical for daily use. I see it limiting to use inside your residence, or room if you live with other people who don't like smoke. Smoking outdoors and producing that type of smoke around other people will get you stomped out by a mob - understandably so. Again, you're only looking at one type of vape gear...and it's not the pen that makes the vapor, it just powers the coil that makes it. I vape all the time at work with higher ohm'd small tanks like evods (but I rebuild the coil inside of the atomizer to my personal preferences) or even with an old carto tank since I stocked up for the apocolypse when the FDA scare happened early last year. I would scan threw the beginner threads and help sections of this forum and look up reviewers like "Indoorsmokers" on youtube and go threw his older videos and new alike...he reivews all nonrebuildable, mostly beginner stuff that will put out less vapor on average than the most popular and trendy stuff on the market at this time like the sub ohm style tanks that are designed to put out vapor to compete with rebuildable gear right now. Scan some online shops like DiscountVapors.com as well as they will have more beginner style gear at decent prices.

I was doing great with my itazte, it produced more smoke than a cigarette but not to an excessive extent. The tank was also large enough and predictable. Yet, I won't buy it again after it already stopped working on me. That tank didn't "give out on you". It's just time to replace the coil...if you go to just about any online vape shop that carries your tank they will have a section for replacement coils for your tank as well as several others, and they might seem exspensive, they might seem cheap, but they are what they are and it's cheaper than buying a whole new tank every time. If you're happy with it just replace the coil instead of just getting a whole new tank and spending more money that you don't have to.

Thank you for reading and baring with my newbness lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's my pleasure to help and I am sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner...I really hope you see this soon and that I was at least some help. Good luck to you and any more questions fire away and I'll do my best to answer or someone will come along who will. Take care and happy vaping! :)

- Christian.

VU Sponsors