Become a Patron!

Single 18650 Tube mech mod

Deovindice

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using an authentic tube mech mod, my coils are usually right around .15ohm. Just curious what the best battery is for this setup? My 30Qs and 25rs are dying, its time to replace them, I figure I may as well go optimal. Thank you!

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm using an authentic tube mech mod, my coils are usually right around .15ohm. Just curious what the best battery is for this setup? My 30Qs and 25rs are dying, its time to replace them, I figure I may as well go optimal. Thank you!

-_-'

0.15ohm is just to drastically dangerous on a single battery mech, and is the reason why you are tearing up and burning out 20amp CDR batteries so quickly.

4.2v Fresh Charge/0.14ohms=30amps <--Only 3 batteries support this low, LG HB2, HB4, or HB6 1500mah 30amp CDR and are the only batteries with this high a CDR rating, any other battery says higher is a flat out lie in an 18650 battery, 18650's have to trade one or the other, energy density (higher mah, in this case is has to sacrifice higher CDR), or maximum through put and push current (high CDR, in this case Mah is sacrificed to achieve this, no way to get around these battery physics).
4.2v/0.15ohms=28amps <---You are 8amps over CDR on both the 25R and the 30Q

Minimum safest Ohms suggest on a single battery mech is 0.25ohms which is 16.8amps, that gives a little leeway with a 20amp CDR battery and ample safety room on a 25 or 30amp CDR battery.

If you need to be at 0.15ohms you need to step up to a dual parallel box mech which 0.14 is the lowest suggest on such a device, the second battery gives +50% extra CDR, even with 20amp batteries, battery 1=20amp, battery 2=10amp, together gives 30amps total, that or you need to step into a regulated mod that puts a control board between the battery and the coil.

As stated the LG HB Series is the highest CDR 18650s on the market, the next runner up would be, these are pricey and limited in supply due to their popularity, the Sony VTC5A 2500mah 25amp CDR.

Deovindice

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oops, I meant that I'm usually around .25-.30 ohm for my coils, sorry about that!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors