Become a Patron!

single coil suggestion?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 28g kanthal and a dual post rda (magma). Can anyone suggest a build - # of wraps and diameter?
A dual coil suggestion is welcome as well.
I've heard that dual coils should mirror each other, however I saw a build on you tube that didn't. What's your take on that? Thank you

I have a magma clone and I use 6 wraps of 28g dual coil wrapped on a qtip shaft. it reads out at about .6 ohms. I get a nice warm vape plenty of vapor with 90% vg juice and great flavor which the magma is known for

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I have put this in the wrong place. But someone can use the info. I mess up a lot when I have not had my wine. I have several 5 post atomizers in which I try different builds. I have a Tobh 26650 that I am using 2 .22 6 wrap coils, & 2 .28 9 wrap coils. At .45 ohms it works surprisingly well. Works on my Hades 26650 as well as my 18650 mechanical mods. It does like batteries! 26650 works longer between battery changes.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 28g kanthal and a dual post rda (magma). Can anyone suggest a build - # of wraps and diameter?
I've heard that dual coils should mirror each other, however I saw a build on you tube that didn't. What's your take on that? Thank you
what type of battery mod/mechanical do you plan on using...
what wick mat'l do you plan on using...
do you like a hot,warm, cool vape...
what batteries do you currently have...

all these things come into play...
how well do you understand ohms law...

instead of asking for us to provide you with coil examples, you should start at a relative resistance value above 1 ohm, vape it and experiment on your own...
just sayin

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go to the "How To - Rebuilding coils thread" I found it very useful, even learned a few tricks myself.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Single coil build on the Magma, in my opinion, is the best setup for that atty. I like to use 26g wire, wrapped on a 1/16 bit, 7-8 wraps to get me at .7-.75 ohms. I tried wider bits, but I noticed a slight drop in flavor.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IDK about the Magma, but I loved using twisted wire for a single coil build.
It is effectively a dual coil, but along the entire length of wire.

Like this:

3R7OsKfl.jpg

D3cfj3Rl.jpg

That's homemade twisted 33 gauge Kanthal.
I think it was like 5 big wraps for about an ohm. (it's in the "post your builds", can't remember exactly)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't care about it. I am it won't let me say I am away
I don't like the colour of that boat. It looks stupid to me.My friend Zha said that.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was not aware this was not been posted. I am 6 hours from a PHD. A JOB pussy Harleys & More Learning will make you go far. Breast Augmentation 9000.00 times 4 per day. Equils Benz Fool. Education is the wayl I have it.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what type of battery mod/mechanical do you plan on using...
what wick mat'l do you plan on using...
do you like a hot,warm, cool vape...
what batteries do you currently have...

all these things come into play...
how well do you understand ohms law...

instead of asking for us to provide you with coil examples, you should start at a relative resistance value above 1 ohm, vape it and experiment on your own...
just sayin

Yes, ur right. After posting I realized I forgot to mention ohms. I'm shooting for .6 -.9
Using a mech w/18650. Have a DNA30 on the way.
Cotton and usually a warm vape.

Tried a build that a member here suggested for a .6 reading and mine came out to 1.6. Nice vape, but not much better than the one I get from my Nautilus with BVC coils. Probably just need more experimentation like you said.
Although, I have to say I got a shit load of pictures and suggestions shared by the members here that will keep me busy. Thanks all.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IDK about the Magma, but I loved using twisted wire for a single coil build.
It is effectively a dual coil, but along the entire length of wire.

Like this:

3R7OsKfl.jpg

D3cfj3Rl.jpg

That's homemade twisted 33 gauge Kanthal.
I think it was like 5 big wraps for about an ohm. (it's in the "post your builds", can't remember exactly)

Did you use your drill gun to make the wraps? And thank you for the reply. I need to check out that part of the forum.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Single coil build on the Magma, in my opinion, is the best setup for that atty. I like to use 26g wire, wrapped on a 1/16 bit, 7-8 wraps to get me at .7-.75 ohms. I tried wider bits, but I noticed a slight drop in flavor.

Okay! I think I can do that. Sounds good. It's tempting to try your hand at the "fancy pants" builds but, in the long run, I know myself - just wanna wick and go! Thanks

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Go to the "How To - Rebuilding coils thread" I found it very useful, even learned a few tricks myself.

Hey thanks. Guess I could have done that first but I got to shmooze with the other members. I appreciate u all taking the time out to help.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a magma clone and I use 6 wraps of 28g dual coil wrapped on a qtip shaft. it reads out at about .6 ohms. I get a nice warm vape plenty of vapor with 90% vg juice and great flavor which the magma is known for

Hey thanks. I tried your build and mine read 1.6
But I put it on my MVP 2 to use the ohms reader because I lent out my regular ohms reader to a friend. Maybe that's why?
Do u know anything about that? I heard that the MVP 2 can fire down to .8 but I don't know if it can read anything below that.

VapDrak

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using 30g kanthal single coil in a RTA, 7 wraps, on a 2mm diameter(5/64), brings me to 1.2 ohms and it's a wonderful vape on a regulated mod:)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i use single coils at around .6-.7
IMG_0190.png IMG_0195.png

28g parallel and twisted. (posted these in the post your build thread) take your 28g and twist the single strand to straighten it out then either fold it and twist a twisted coil or cut it in half and make a parallel coil. both wrapped on something i have no idea the diameter but bigger than a 5/64th drill bit :D

VapDrak

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah,
i use single coils at around .6-.7
View attachment 3976 View attachment 3977

28g parallel and twisted. (posted these in the post your build thread) take your 28g and twist the single strand to straighten it out then either fold it and twist a twisted coil or cut it in half and make a parallel coil. both wrapped on something i have no idea the diameter but bigger than a 5/64th drill bit :D

Those are beautiful!!! I play with sub-ohms too on my RDAs... but those are truly: Nice!!! :)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah,

Those are beautiful!!! I play with sub-ohms too on my RDAs... but those are truly: Nice!!! :)
thanks i surprised myself when i was finished, those are both my first time wrapping parallel and twisted coils

Hey thanks. I tried your build and mine read 1.6
But I put it on my MVP 2 to use the ohms reader because I lent out my regular ohms reader to a friend. Maybe that's why?
Do u know anything about that? I heard that the MVP 2 can fire down to .8 but I don't know if it can read anything below that.
You were single coil.. go dual and it's .6

VU Sponsors