Become a Patron!

Sinuous Ravage 230 - Wismec

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Ravage 230 from Wismec. The Ravage 230 device was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

http://www.cigabuy.com/it/authentic-wism...11563.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 x SINUOUS RAVAGE230 Box Mod
1 x QC Micro USB Cable
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

I opened the typical Wismec packaging and liked the look of the Ravage 230 instantly. First thing to say is the 230 in the name is just that, part of the name and not the max wattage, the Ravage is a 200w device. I recieved the blue version, which i think is the pick of the 4 different colours. The device is zinc alloy and is normal duel battery size but possibly slighty lighter than the average. It has identical black bars on the sides of the device, one is the fire bar and the opposite is fixed, above the fire bar sits a black select button. The main body of the device is blue with the top and base being black, the black on the top of the device ventures down the front and back of the device by about 14mm. On these black sections we have etched on branding, the sinuous logo front and "RAVAGE230" back. The base of the device is the battery hatch door which opens easily enough and secures in place nicely, on the door there is safety marks and generous venting. The back and top of the device is plain apart from the air fed spring loaded 510. The Ravage 230 looks similar to the predator but the 510 on the Ravage is very nice indeed. The majority of the front of the device is taken up by the 1.45 inch colour screen, underneath this is the up/down buttons, (that are shaped like a telephone symbol) and the USB port. The Ravage 230 is a well made solid device and has no rattles whatsoever.

Specs:

Size: 43.6 x 30 x 83.4mm
Battery Type: High-rate 18650 batteries(Discharging current should be above 25A)
Thread Type: 510 sping loaded
Output Mode: VW/ TC-Ni/ TC-Ti/ TC-SS/ TCR Mode
Output Wattage: 1-200W
Resistance Range: 0.005-1.5ohm for TC modes; 0.1-3.5ohm for VW modes
Temperature Range: 100-350°C/ 200-600°F(TC modes)
Maximum Charfing Current: 2A
Maximum Output Current: 50A
Output Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
Color: Burnt Orange; Custom Blue; Brush Stainless; High Gloss Black

Using the Ravage 230

In recent times menu systems have become more like little apps and very user friendly, and the Ravage 230 follows the trend. Without doubt the menu system here and the screen layouts are the best from Wismec to date. To turn the device on is 5 clicks but if you turn it on using 10 clicks the initial screen gives you the temperature of the PCB. As well as the up/down buttons there is a select button above the fire bar, when you are not in the menu system this select button acts as a screen on/off button. The main screen as a nice circular design with large numbers displaying the wattage or temperature depending what mode you are in. The rest of the screen displays all the information you need including battery status, time, volts, subpara choice, resistance, (and wattage when in temperature control). To access the menu is 3 clicks of the fire bar, this brings up 4 icons which are, mode, settings, info and exit. Selecting Mode brings up a list containing power, RTC, TC, and TCR, selecting TC brings up the 3 different wire types and TCR has 3 memory slots. Selecting settings brings up the following, coil lock/unlock, power (for setting wattage in temp control), subpara (puff, time, amp), preheat, clock, timeout and exit. The other 2 options in the menu, info (battery status and version number) and exit speak for themselves. All the menu screens have an aesthetically pleasing honeycomb background and uses colour well. Pressing the up/down together locks the keys but the device still fires.

Performance

The duel 18650's are put in the device via the bottom hatch door and the orientation is marked inside and out. The Ravage performed like a trooper, i vaped at various wattage's up to 80w (about the maximum for me) and the wattage seemed spot on with no noticeable delay. When having a little go with my Triton mini at 17w the device was as quiet as a mouse, at the other end of the scale i have seen the charts for this device and it pretty much is giving the full 200w claimed. The Ravage 230 supports 2A charging and is fully firmware up-gradable. Finally the battery life was on par with other duel battery devices and tanks up to 28mm in diameter will fit no worries at all.

Very nicely made
Good sharp, bright colour screen
User friendly menu
Screen on/off button
Fire bar
Not underpowered
Temp control
Tanks up to 28mm
Good battery life

Dislikes

No custom curves

Conclusion

The Ravage 230 in my opinion is the best Wismec device to date. The end of 2017 and beginning of 2018 has seen some very good devices and the Ravage 230 is right up there.

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Wismec Ravage 230 for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/it/authentic-wism...11563.html

VU Sponsors