Become a Patron!

Sizzling after rewicking subtank mini. Is this normal?

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I re wicked my 0.5 ohm coil as I wanted to change e liquid. First attempt was awfull and got dry hits. Realised I had used to much cotton and it was too tight so I re wicked again. I'm no longer getting the dry hits and getting good amount of vaper but there is a sizzling after each hit that lasts a couple of seconds. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
To me that is the sign of a well built coil and wick!

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. Since it was my first time rewicking I thought I'd check just to make sure I wasn't doing any thing wrong. I just never noticed it befor.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I find these with most sub ohm coils I use, with the exception of pure nickel ones I used on my rDNA40. I surmise its because most sub ohm Kanthal / Nichrome based coils use a larger gauge and as such retain heat longer than a "normal" coil as @Nuenerball suggests.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just upgraded from a pretty basic set up so I'm still figuring things out. So much better then what I did have but makes me want to better what Iv got now to

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it starts as a way to quite smokinh and become a hobby almost. Bee vaping for a month and i have 1 mod battery, one stick battery, 4 subtanks 3 are kanger and 1 is ego one xfrom my first setup and i just gor a rda for building and clouds.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using really bad cheap vape set ups and omg the difference between them and what iv got now but knowing things can be even better makes me wanna go there to but having a few problems with my sub tank so till I have figured that out completely I'm not goin to move on but I will in time

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using really bad cheap vape set ups and omg the difference between them and what iv got now but knowing things can be even better makes me wanna go there to but having a few problems with my sub tank so till I have figured that out completely I'm not goin to move on but I will in time

Think of where you're at with your vaping gear as a sneeze or two. Now pause and realize you're about to get "The sickness" :D
I have two Sub Tank Minis and run the RBAs exclusively. That being said, if you vape certain sweet vapes you can expect your coil to crust up every few days. Just pull the cotton, burn it off with pulses, and rewick. That's normal maintanence.

Last edited:

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a good way to see it. I knew I was reeled in when I wanted better then what I got nw. I kept going back to the sigaretts on my old set ups for difrent reasons but in the last couple of weeks there's been no chance of that happening again n that's the way it will continue

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait until you try a dripper. Most people end up preferring it. I resisted at first but now I have several . I love sitting at home with several bottles of juice or sitting at a vape shop and dripping various flavors. Those stupid clearomisers with the little disposable "vape condoms" they have make flavors all taste muted.

VU Sponsors