Become a Patron!

Small Spot On My Coil Lights Up...

im not sure what type of coil i have... but its a drop with coils on either side. put into a smok stick prince.. i was test firing it before putting the shell back on as i always do and i noticed a small bright light from one of the holes the wire leads into... whats up with this?? its only happened after i let it sit on the charger for about two hours..

add on: im kind of new to vaping and im kind of worries my coil is gonna set on fire.. its also making a static like noise when being fired.

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
im not sure what type of coil i have... but its a drop with coils on either side. put into a smok stick prince.. i was test firing it before putting the shell back on as i always do and i noticed a small bright light from one of the holes the wire leads into... whats up with this?? its only happened after i let it sit on the charger for about two hours..

This is a hot spot - a short circuit on a small scale. There is loose wire or a loose connection inside that hole - make sure the post screw is tight, and check for any tiny bits of metal

This is a hot spot - a short circuit on a small scale. There is loose wire or a loose connection inside that hole - make sure the post screw is tight, and check for any tiny bits of metal
i poked at the spot where it was happening with my fingernail and it seems to have stopped... but now smoke only comes from one side of the entire coil... is this normal?? and now its spitting allll over the place, it rarely spits at me

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i poked at the spot where it was happening with my fingernail and it seems to have stopped... but now smoke only comes from one side of the entire coil... is this normal?? and now its spitting allll over the place, it rarely spits at me

Aww, are you trolling us man? :(

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aww, are you trolling us man? :(
Sounds like it. A drop coil in a smok tank. Unless he means RBA. But more advanced than what a beginner should use

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Sounds like it. A drop coil in a smok tank. Unless he means RBA. But more advanced than what a beginner should use

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
i got the stick for free with the coil in it... it seems fine and everything its just the "light" thats a bit worrying. for all i know its been doing this for the last 3 hours just that i havent been blown up yet.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i got the stick for free with the coil in it... it seems fine and everything its just the "light" thats a bit worrying. for all i know its been doing this for the last 3 hours just that i havent been blown up yet.

You'll need to put that down and use something else, until you watch some vids or get whoever gave that to you to teach you about coil building - we have a whole forum section for beginner builders -

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/new-builders-corner.367/

Troubleshooting a bad coil is easy once you know how to build - but if someone gave that to you, I'd leave it alone for now. Get you some building knowledge first :D

VU Sponsors