Become a Patron!

Smoant Battlestar-update

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I came real close to buying a Wismec Reuleux 2/3 but I had heard the quality was iffy. So I just pre-ordered the black one from Cigabuy. I will be happy to post my thoughts and review of sorts once I get it in my hands.
d1b87161f5d0edb09a1a6bb6a463bd50.jpg

UPDATE: I got my Yellow/Black Battlestar 200 today and have been VERY impressed with the way it works, especially in Stainless Steel TC mode. I have been using my Crown Tank with a 0.5ohm coil in it and no problems at all, in fact it has been a very satisfying vape.
Every time you attach/reattach a tank it asks New Coil/Same Coil so this appears to be the way it "locks the resistance".
The User Manual is pretty good and the only thing that I've found that it doesn't explain very well is how to change the wattage applied when in TC mode. I will reference to a YouTube video that runs through the menu and explains. Jump to 6:55 for this.
I will be using this mod exclusively for the foreseeable future and will report back any more info that might be of use.

Last edited:

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the 2/3 , I haven't heard any bad things and for me it has been flawless so far , I have ran dual and triple batt mode and it performs well , no issues ....I have been eyeballing the Battlestar also , and the new minikin also. Both have the same for factor as the 2/3 in dual battery mode

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I messed around with a RX 2/3 at a local shop and it was janky as all get out. The fit on the battery door was poor and the little ledge just looks really bad IMO. It just seems like it was not very well thought out. That battle star mod on the other hand looks nice. I'd be interested to know how the TC works on it.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I messed around with a RX 2/3 at a local shop and it was janky as all get out. The fit on the battery door was poor and the little ledge just looks really bad IMO. It just seems like it was not very well thought out. That battle star mod on the other hand looks nice. I'd be interested to know how the TC works on it.
I think the QC is not that great for these mods , I have seen a lot of people post pics of gaps and ledges with the different doors . I guess I got one that was actually checked because both of my doors line up correctly with no issues .
Battlestar
Minikin 2
Therion 133
Therion squonk
Think vape finder

All on my short list right now as long as I can make a decision as to which ones I am going to grab

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the QC is not that great for these mods , I have seen a lot of people post pics of gaps and ledges with the different doors . I guess I got one that was actually checked because both of my doors line up correctly with no issues .
Battlestar
Minikin 2
Therion 133
Therion squonk
Think vape finder

All on my short list right now as long as I can make a decision as to which ones I am going to grab

Agreed. Seems like that's the case with a lot of these new mods... I really like the Minikin but I like to use TC and from what I understand, the TC on all these new Sigelei / Asmodus mods do not work every well. If I had to choose between the ones on your list, I would go with the Therion Squonk.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it was the battery door that I was referring to about the iffy part. The board is top notch by all accounts.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O.K. I have an observation, no firmware updates with this mod.
A lot of the reviewers that have these right now are just doing first looks, unboxings and menu walk throughs. Hoping for more thorough reviews in the near future.
Hell they all are getting the yellow one and it sure does look sweet, almost makes me want to cancel the black and order the yellow.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O.K. I have an observation, no firmware updates with this mod.
A lot of the reviewers that have these right now are just doing first looks, unboxings and menu walk throughs. Hoping for more thorough reviews in the near future.
Hell they all are getting the yellow one and it sure does look sweet, almost makes me want to cancel the black and order the yellow.

I did end up changing my order to the yellow one, which worked out better since yellow was in stock. Shipped on the 9/9 so hopefully I will have it by the end of September. Hmmm just noticed they dropped the price a few bucks. I'm going to see if they will refund me the points I used. Never hurts to ask.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the yellow one on Sunday, to be honest it is the colors that sold me, yellow and black is the colors of the basketball team I support, mod could be shit, but would still sit on my shelf proud :)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I came real close to buying a Wismec Reuleux 2/3 but I had heard the quality was iffy. So I just pre-ordered the black one from Cigabuy. I will be happy to post my thoughts and review of sorts once I get it in my hands.
Should of bought this ....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got mine in from fasttech today :)

IdmWPum.jpg

1st impressions are good, overall good build quality, does have button rattle though, but as I don't shake my mods around, that doesn't bother me at all.

Batteries are easy to install and remove, and mod feels good in the hand, bit of weight to it, but not overall heavy.

I don't have any of the RX mods, so can't compare it to them, but think Smoant did good with the mod.

Hi.
New to the site, so please excuse me if i have the wrong place.
I have a question about the Smoant battle star that i just purchased.
If i lock the wattage and turn the device off, i turn the device back on and the wattage is unlocked.
It has baffled me. I am hoping I haven't got a faulty one and there is an explanation for this issue.
Any help from would be great.
Thank you

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi.
If i lock the wattage and turn the device off, i turn the device back on and the wattage is unlocked.
It has baffled me. I am hoping I haven't got a faulty one and there is an explanation for this issue.
Thank you
Why does that concern you? I don't have one but it doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi.
Thank you
I'd say this is normal as both of mine do the same thing. A bit annoying but It's such a sweet mod I really don't care.

It concerns me because every time i unlock the mod, i have to lock the wattage to ensure it doesn't bump up to 200w when i go to use it next. @Angrygod50 You are right about it been a sweet mod, i was just checking if anyone elses also does it, as its the first mod i have had with the locking the wattage issue

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It concerns me because every time i unlock the mod, i have to lock the wattage to ensure it doesn't bump up to 200w when i go to use it next. @Angrygod50 You are right about it been a sweet mod, i was just checking if anyone elses also does it, as its the first mod i have had with the locking the wattage issue
Fair enough

VU Sponsors