Become a Patron!

Smoant battlestar

I’m leaning toward a smoant battlestar for my next mod, are they good? I need 2x 18650 single battery doesn’t cut it for me at 50 to 85 watts-something reasonably simple and durable but not heavy. I know the aegis legend sounds very tough, but a heavy mod is more likely to fall out of my pocket when working and be uncomfortable weighing my pocket down.(my asmodus ohmsium lol). Standing up in a vehicle cup holder is also important, I usually use some shop towels to help it out and protect it, but some mods refuse to stand (my ohmsium lol). I’m also considering a VOOPOO drag v1 since they seem so well regarded, and an open to suggestions.

Last edited:

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I consider the battlestar to one of the most durable mods ever made . If you dig deep, you will find very few complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
For a comparison the asmodus ohmsium has a listed weight of 248 grams without batteries.,

The VooPoo drag v1 is a pretty heavy device at 212 grams without batteries

The smoat battlestar only weighs 136 grams without batteries.

If you are looking for something lighter the battlestar seems to be the best choice of the two.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Other than 1 bad batch a long time ago which smoant took action over I haven’t heard of any bad things about them since.

It was a very popular mod when it came out, only downside is the low voltage cut off but they are pretty solid mods

Whilst not as robust for working conditions well worth looking at the smoant naboo also ...better chipset, protected board in case of leaks, best interface they have ever done ...love it

VU Sponsors