Become a Patron!

Smoant Charon or Voopoo Drag?

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If anyone has both, which do you like best? For everyone else, which one would u spend your money on? I'm a smoant fan but very curious about the drag. I don't care for the carbon fiber sticker on the drag and don't care for the leather sticker nor humongous fire button on the Charon. It's a shame they did that to the Charon cuz the rest of the mod is pretty sexy

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If anyone has both, which do you like best? For everyone else, which one would u spend your money on? I'm a smoant fan but very curious about the drag. I don't care for the carbon fiber sticker on the drag and don't care for the leather sticker nor humongous fire button on the Charon. It's a shame they did that to the Charon cuz the rest of the mod is pretty sexy
I only have the Charon but I have to say I love it. I love the big firing button. It's easy to find and very responsive. The ring around it makes it look much bigger than it actually is. Here's my full review. Pair a Charon with a Battlestar RTA and you have one sweet setup.

Smoant Charon
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319047/

Battlestar RTA Review
https://vapingunderground.com/threads/smoant-battlestar-rta-review-by-deucesjack.317260/
bb4facd4f36633929416fc6030a7371a.jpg

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool bro thanks for the link! Yea i should have specified, it's the ring around the firing button that I'm not crazy about. I'm not too sure how the sticker gonna hold up either and same with the drag

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only have the Charon but I have to say I love it. I love the big firing button. It's easy to find and very responsive. The ring around it makes it look much bigger than it actually is. Here's my full review. Pair a Charon with a Battlestar RTA and you have one sweet setup.

Smoant Charon
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319047/

Battlestar RTA Review
https://vapingunderground.com/threads/smoant-battlestar-rta-review-by-deucesjack.317260/
bb4facd4f36633929416fc6030a7371a.jpg
I've REALLY been looking at dna mods and this. Maybe this and the battlestar rta would be a better deal.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've REALLY been looking at dna mods and this. Maybe this and the battlestar rta would be a better deal.
I would never tell you not to get a DNA. I think every vaper should own one along with a Yihi and FSK board. For me they are the top 3 TC mods for many different reasons. This Smoant chip though is a very close 2nd tier TC board. Definitely up there with the Aetheon, VO, and now the Laisimo board. I just got the Wyvern from them and the TC on it is legit.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would never tell you not to get a DNA. I think every vaper should own one along with a Yihi and FSK board. For me they are the top 3 TC mods for many different reasons. This Smoant chip though is a very close 2nd tier TC board. Definitely up there with the Aetheon, VO, and now the Laisimo board. I just got the Wyvern from them and the TC on it is legit.
Oh no, $$$$:cry:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
tough call. both mods are really too new. I have the charon and loving it. My drag is still on the slow boat though. I'll do reviews on both but doubt you want to wait that long lol the charon will be later this month and the drag depends on when it arrives lol

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where u get your wyvern bro? Haven't seen it in stock

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wish the drag wasn't so boxy. Form factor has never mattered to me much but I'm wanting to use it as a work device. May just get the drag and Charon for home and out and about. I haven't had the best luck with smok but think ima grab the g150 for work.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh ok... think we will see anymore fsk mods, g3 maybe?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

According to an email somebody in the G2 thread received from hohmtech, it sounded like they were quitting the mod business and devoting all their resources into battery R+D but don't accept this as the Gospel according to St Michael...it's just what I read. ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
nope. FDA regulations ruined it. i heard they were working on a quad battery one. I think called the hohmrun or something but it got canceled because of the FDA

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool, thank ya Sir. I'm guessing your a big g2 fan lol, What is it you enjoy so much about it? I have dna's, yihi, aethon, smoant, asmodus, smok, etc but no experience with the g2/fsk chip. Is there a certain feature that's like their claim to fame?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Cool, thank ya Sir. I'm guessing your a big g2 fan lol, What is it you enjoy so much about it? I have dna's, yihi, aethon, smoant, asmodus, smok, etc but no experience with the g2/fsk chip. Is there a certain feature that's like their claim to fame?
yeah i love it. currently i have 4 of the G2 and 3 of the slice. I also have 3 DNA 250 mods (therion, finder and triad) and a G class. I prefer the fsk chip overall personally for ease of use, performance, and on board adjustments in a single menu. it's easy to set up my vape for anything I throw at it and get the vape I want. For someone like me with 10-20 atomizers in use at any given time it's a god send where i can slap any of them on it and get the vape I want. It'll also temp control kanthal which is awesome for premade coil tanks or when i use kanthal wires occasionally

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I just wanted one 'cause ALL the cool kids got 'em! :p

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What I thought...that's one thing that gets to me and flat out makes me furious. I know everyone here is aware of the ridiculousness of these regulations and how much safer vaping is than cigarettes so Ill refrain from a lengthy rant.

Preachin' to the choir, brother! :D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just watched your reviews of g2 and slice. Vaporcube has them for $65 still but I've never heard of them. Is Vaporcube ok to order from?
thanks! and yeah they are but they cost a few bucks more then main vapor room. use code G2FLASHx1 to get it down to 65 bucks plus shipping

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah i love it. currently i have 4 of the G2 and 3 of the slice. I also have 3 DNA 250 mods (therion, finder and triad) and a G class. I prefer the fsk chip overall personally for ease of use, performance, and on board adjustments in a single menu. it's easy to set up my vape for anything I throw at it and get the vape I want. For someone like me with 10-20 atomizers in use at any given time it's a god send where i can slap any of them on it and get the vape I want. It'll also temp control kanthal which is awesome for premade coil tanks or when i use kanthal wires occasionally
Yea bro Im the same way, I always have multiple setups at any given time and tend to use my minikin v2, praxis banshee, and battlestar more than anything but at home I use my dna mods alot. My battlestar screen went out which is a big reason I'm grabbing a couple more devices. The g2 have a locking feature?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yea bro Im the same way, I always have multiple setups at any given time and tend to use my minikin v2, praxis banshee, and battlestar more than anything but at home I use my dna mods alot. My battlestar screen went out which is a big reason I'm grabbing a couple more devices. The g2 have a locking feature?
the screen died? i never seen that before. that's crazy
and yeah the G2 has a lock. it has every feature you would really need in a mod

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How long did you have it before the screen went out?

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sweetish! Well thank you Sir and dang u at the same time lol. Thanks for the link and suggestion for a dope mod and dang u for making me spend $$ ;D

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw Phil Busardos review and it was less than stellar. Any of u had any issues with yalls g2?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I saw Phil Busardos review and it was less than stellar. Any of u had any issues with yalls g2?
what kind of issues? Out of my 7 FSK mods 1 had a check atomizer issue. I sent it in for warranty and had it back in 2 weeks with a new chip and new 510. outside of that not a single issue. what did phil say about it that was bad?

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was actually a few things. I don't watch his reviews but it came up when I searched for g2 reviews. Most notably was a lot of times his mod wouldn't turn on. He would have to squeeze it and then it would come on. Had to leave for work so I haven't finished watching it yet but every mod is gonna have one here and there with troubles. I've heard enough good to know it's a reliable device

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was actually a few things. I don't watch his reviews but it came up when I searched for g2 reviews. Most notably was a lot of times his mod wouldn't turn on. He would have to squeeze it and then it would come on. Had to leave for work so I haven't finished watching it yet but every mod is gonna have one here and there with troubles. I've heard enough good to know it's a reliable device
I've dropped my main g2 I don't know how many times. No issues. I also didn't break the boreas glass.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
that makes no sense lol

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most notably was a lot of times his mod wouldn't turn on. He would have to squeeze it and then it would come on.

I saw that video not that long ago. It was the battery bridge. Ben from Hohmtech is in THIS video along with Phil. Start watching at around 8 minutes if you want to get straight to the issue.

EDIT: There's also THIS one that answers to the burn test that Phil did. I haven't watched it, but saw the link on YouTube

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I saw that video not that long ago. It was the battery bridge. Ben from Hohmtech is in THIS video along with Phil. Start watching at around 8 minutes if you want to get straight to the issue.
thanks!
that video is a year old. A lot has changed. the newest firmware makes SS temp control awesome. no xxx mode needed unless you mix wire types really. And it seems like the battery bridge issue is fixed. i haven't had an issue with any of mine personally.

VU Sponsors