Become a Patron!

Smoant Charon or Voopoo Drag?

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea i saw that lol and watched the update with Ben in it. Anyone here ever have any problems with their g2? I know nothing about the g2 so idk if it's worth $60. Sir how u liking your Charon next to your g2?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yea i saw that lol and watched the update with Ben in it. Anyone here ever have any problems with their g2? I know nothing about the g2 so idk if it's worth $60. Sir how u liking your Charon next to your g2?
It's worth way more then 60 bucks IMO. It's a steal at that price. Charon wins for the looks by far but the g2 wins for everything else

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had two G's since they came to fruition, no problems to report.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's worth way more then 60 bucks IMO. It's a steal at that price. Charon wins for the looks by far but the g2 wins for everything else

Agreed, performance wise it's not a contest.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
U heard anything about their warranty work and customer service? They gonna honor everything even though they're getting out of it?

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed, performance wise it's not a contest.
Wow really!? That's really surprising tbh, I've always thought smoant performance was pretty good given their cost. I'm surprised the g2 has such superior performance.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow really!? That's really surprising tbh, I've always thought smoant performance was pretty good given their cost. I'm surprised the g2 has such superior performance.
It is, that's in no way a knock on Smoant, it's a huge compliment to HT.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No doubt bro I understand totally! I pulled the trigger on a g2, hopefully be to me Monday. U happen to know how Maine vapor room does their age verification?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
this^ the battlestar is a better performer then pretty much all the smok, ijoy, wismec, joyetech, etc mods. and the charon isn't that far behind (but i think it's behind the battlestar) but the G2 is on a whole different level.

it's like BMW is a hell of a performance car, but it's no ferrari :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
U heard anything about their warranty work and customer service? They gonna honor everything even though they're getting out of it?
yup 1 year warranty on the G2 but they said realistically they'll usually honor it longer. very good svc and simple to deal with. warranty center is in california. hohmtech isn't closing and neither is vaporcube so i wouldn't worry

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Groovy, I'm stoked to get it! So far your liking the battlestar better than the Charon or just the battlestar is the better performer?

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For anyone that ordered from Maine vapor room, did it come with latest firmware or will an update need to be done?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Groovy, I'm stoked to get it! So far your liking the battlestar better than the Charon or just the battlestar is the better performer?
battlestar is the better performer but i really like both. not a fan of the leather on the charon. i'll get a matching sticker when those come out hopefully. Personally i still prefer the battlestar but it's not a slight on the charon

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like the form factor of the Battlestar better but the Charon is purdier. Lol.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No doubt bro I understand totally! I pulled the trigger on a g2, hopefully be to me Monday. U happen to know how Maine vapor room does their age verification?
I dont, I never ordered from them.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea that's why I decided to wait and see how the Charon performed and held up after a few wks which is hard for me lol I'm super impatient. Was doing the same with the drag to see if there's any issues since its their first mod. I'm just tired of mods only lasting 2 months

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
U had any probs with your battery door on your g2?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The battlestar and charon have the same chip, at least I thought that. I don't know how one could be better than the other.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The battlestar and charon have the same chip, at least I thought that. I don't know how one could be better than the other.
They don't. The charon has a newer version of the chip. Higher watt limit and more features although some aren't active yet as far as I can tell. One feature being a watt curve.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They don't. The charon has a newer version of the chip. Higher watt limit and more features although some aren't active yet as far as I can tell. One feature being a watt curve.

I hope I like it. I'm so used to a hohm tech that is really all I know. I just tried a presa 100w in tc with ss316l. I can say it isn't good for me. In the closet for the ultimate it's my last mod use.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I hope I like it. I'm so used to a hohm tech that is really all I know. I just tried a presa 100w in tc with ss316l. I can say it isn't good for me. In the closet for the ultimate it's my last mod use.
The charon isn't a g2 but it's still pretty dam good. I'm actually working on recording the charts and stuff for the charon and a few others

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I got my g2 and been using it just a few minutes but I love it so far. Enough that I went to order another but Maine vapor room only has the color I just ordered, the other day they had multiple colors. Went to vapor cube and can't decide if I want the light blue or silver. Any of u have the blue or silver?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I got my g2 and been using it just a few minutes but I love it so far. Enough that I went to order another but Maine vapor room only has the color I just ordered, the other day they had multiple colors. Went to vapor cube and can't decide if I want the light blue or silver. Any of u have the blue or silver?
Get the all powerful silver. No contest there. Lol.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any of u have the blue or silver?

I have the blue special edition with silver etchings. It's a little darker blue than what the pictures show and I like it. I have silver and black mods and wanted something different.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what I was wondering about was the shade of blue. I have 2 blue mods so got the silver. I have a ton of black, a few red and 2 blue so went with silver. If that blue is a lil darker than it looks, I'd probably like it. Wish there was a bright green, I think it'd look good on this mod

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heard any other color with silver cancels out the all powerful and makes it the "most powerful except silver g2". On a serious note, I can't believe more folks don't know about these and aren't more popular. It's the only mod I've ever purchased 2 of

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had seen it here and there but just skipped over them thinking it was just a device that tried to match the dna mods when they were coming out. I never saw anyone talking about them but I'm glad you guys turned me on to it. So far I like it better than dna, long as it keeps working lol

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the blue special edition with silver etchings. It's a little darker blue than what the pictures show and I like it. I have silver and black mods and wanted something different.
I watched indoor smokers review of the G2 and he had the blue. Looks pretty good, u can tell it's a lil darker/different blue than the pics show

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
U didnt say that lol see that's a totally different kind of power.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@SirRichardRear, have you ever hooked a scope to the G2 and record the output like you do other mods? I'd be very curious to know how it stacks up in the "lab".

I do know using the little GS Air2 tank, it'll almost cook the juice in it at 25 watts where the istick basic is supposed to be 30 watts on a full charge and it puts out a cool vape.

I've got my Eurus rda but I haven't tried to use it yet because I've got to order some ceramic tweezers when I get paid. I didn't want to put those beautiful Raymo coils in there and screw 'em up because I didn't have proper tools. ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear, have you ever hooked a scope to the G2 and record the output like you do other mods? I'd be very curious to know how it stacks up in the "lab".

I do know using the little GS Air2 tank, it'll almost cook the juice in it at 25 watts where the istick basic is supposed to be 30 watts on a full charge and it puts out a cool vape.

I've got my Eurus rda but I haven't tried to use it yet because I've got to order some ceramic tweezers when I get paid. I didn't want to put those beautiful Raymo coils in there and screw 'em up because I didn't have proper tools. ;)
I will one day but no I haven't yet

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok guys I'm hoping it's just the batteries I have in it but my g2 is giving me a "check battery" message and my batteries are still at 60-73% at only 100w. I know it'll supposedly happen around 40% but didn't think it should at 70%. I'm running some lg hg2's so they should be more than capable. Anyone else experience this? I sure hope it's not the device, I've had awful luck with devices

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm running some lg hg2's so they should be more than capable. Anyone else experience this?

So far mine has been okay, but I'm not using LG HG batteries. I'm using a set of Hohm Life and and set of Hohm Work batteries. I kind of remember seeing something that compares with the problem you describe, but I don't recall where now. The only issue I've had so far with my G2 is it has problems with both of my iJoy EXO rta's. I get a CONNECT ATOMIZER error with them unless I either don't screw the EXO down all the way or I use mod protectors between the EXO and G2. I was at first using a piece of paper, but purchased the mod protectors to use instead. I'm still waiting on someone else to give me feedback in THIS (post #448) thread on whether or not their EXO does the same thing. I've had no issues with any other tank, rda, rta, etc., and my EXO's have no problem on any other mod that I own. I will probably end up contacting HohmTech about it, but would like to know if others have the same issue with theirs.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hopefully it's just one of those odd things, at least everything else works on it. Idk about their customer service the. So far I'm very displeased with their store Vaporcube. Before I ordered my first g2, I read nothing but negative comments and experiences with Vaporcube so I used Maine vapor room which was great. MaineVR only had the red which is what I had just purchased. I decided to try vapor cube since they had a few colors to chose from but so far it hasn't been too great of an experience. I made my purchase 2 days ago and still no purchase confirmation, no processing, no shipping, and emails have been ignored thus far. Luckily i used Paypal so at least i should get my money back if they don't come thru. Any of u have any experiences with Vaporcube?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hopefully it's just one of those odd things, at least everything else works on it. Idk about their customer service the. So far I'm very displeased with their store Vaporcube. Before I ordered my first g2, I read nothing but negative comments and experiences with Vaporcube so I used Maine vapor room which was great. MaineVR only had the red which is what I had just purchased. I decided to try vapor cube since they had a few colors to chose from but so far it hasn't been too great of an experience. I made my purchase 2 days ago and still no purchase confirmation, no processing, no shipping, and emails have been ignored thus far. Luckily i used Paypal so at least i should get my money back if they don't come thru. Any of u have any experiences with Vaporcube?

@ApolloKen, did you ever get your G2? I ordered mine on wednesday morning and got it on friday morning. Everybody else I know of that ordered from there got theirs pretty quick as well. Let us know how it goes for you.

VU Sponsors