Become a Patron!

Smoant Charon TC 218 Wrap Replacement?

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love this little guy to pieces, it's been my daily driver since I got it on a whim. Being the picky person I am, however, I see (and feel) the corner edges of the leather wrap on the battery cover starting to lift. I've managed to temporarily fix it by pushing the corners down with my thumbnail, but it only stays for an hour or so before starting to poke back up again.

Does anyone have experience in removing these decals?

Does it leave a residue behind? I imagine Goof-Off would work well with removing it, how does that react to the finish of the metal battery sleeve - if'n anyone has experience with this?

Am I able to buy a replacement, custom-cut piece of adhesive-backed decal like this that I can replace it with? My "dream" would be to get faux wood on there instead of leather, but hey, beggars and choosers and all that.

Thanks for your time, and Smoant (on the random, off-chance someone that works there reads this) - thank you for making a proper mod that doesn't suck all over the place. I'm truly happy with just about every aspect of it other than the vinyl wrap, but I'm a really picky prick about my stuff.

VU Sponsors