Become a Patron!

Smok Ace SS battery help?

I was wondering if I can use a 18650 flat top battery in the mod? The site the Smok Ace came from said something about it fitting most button tops, but I watched a review and it looked like the reviewer was using a flat top. The Smok Ace and the Smok SID are pretty much the same from what I can see. I would like to use a flat top if possible. Any help would be great!

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Ace and I use flat top Panasonic 18650B batteries. Fit just fine.

Cool. I see all these videos for the SID and like 3 for the ACE. It's crazy because it's like the ACE fell of the face of the earth when the SID came out. Just weird.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You are right. Not sure why. The 3 buttons make it better than a SID. I think it came out later than the SID and just got lost. Too many other things to get now.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SID came first. Based on the Evic which can also interchange tubes. Single button menu and vertical screen wasn't very popular and also a tendency to stop working until the battery was removed and reinserted on a random basis and a button that didn't always fire. Ace came with a more Vamo like button setup and a horizontal screen. I don't know if the same chip quirks apply. All will take flat or button.

I didn't know the sid came first, my bad. The Sid is also not lefty friend as well. A left handed person would end up viewing the display upside down. My lovely wife is a lefty. I bought 2 Ace's this past weekend, so now I'm looking for batteries I can use with other mods as well.

Can I use 40A High drain batteries in the Ace/Sid? Would it be ok to sub Ohm then? I'm about to buy 2 Vamped IMR 18650's 2300mAh 40A 3.7v Batteries tonight for these two Ace's?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can absolutely run high drains in them. The SID wont fire below 1.2 ohms and I would imagine the Ace as well. So no sub ohming. But the high drain IMR's would be usable in anything you might get in the future as well be it a mech or a high watt regulated mod. I'm not convinced that the Vamped are good for anything approaching 40 amps. But they will probably do 20 which aside from the Sony's is as high as you're going to get at the moment.

Last edited:
You can absolutely run high drains in them. The SID wont fire below 1.2 ohms and I would imagine the Ace as well. So no sub ohming. But the high drain IMR's would be usable in anything you might get in the future as well be it a mech or a high watt regulated mod.
Thank's for the responds. That's what I was hoping, at least maybe to use them on a mech mod at a later date!

VU Sponsors