Become a Patron!

SMOK AL85

Hi guys...newbie here. Last year I bought a SMOK AL85 (baby alien, I believe?) moving up from an e-ciggy pencil. I've been quit smoking for 5 years now and only bought one when I found out there were 0mg nicotine fluids available. (I used to work as door security for my local bar and bought the vape to relieve boredom). Anyway, my questions are....

Are the SMOK range of coils interchangeable with different models within the SMOK range?
Do different coils give more/less 'smoke'?
Does the actual coil influence the 'strength' of the flavour of the juice used?

No doubt y'all have had these questions before and I apologise for repeating...

Many thanks, Davey. (Sunderland, County Durham, UK)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The answer to all your questions is YES..... but it may be followed by a. But.

Yes the coil determine strength. Along with mod power setting and air flow and the juice composition itself... yes coils for those atomizers are available that will work with an AL85.... there are also some that require more power.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Umm...Actually the answer to the first part of your question is no. Not all Smok coils are compatible with all Smok tanks. There are coils that are specific to the Baby Beast tank that came with your AL85 Baby, that's assuming that your are using the original tank that came with it. There may be SOME cross compatibility, but for the most part the baby series of tanks must use baby coils.

The answer to the second part of your question is yes. Coils do have a direct bearing on the cloud produced. But as HD noted, there are other factors as well, wattage or temperature settings, air flow, juice composition, even battery condition. And the same factors apply to the flavor that you get out of a specific coil. Also add the material the actual coil is made of. A kanthal coil produces a different flavor than a stainless steel, nickle, or ti coil.

VU Sponsors