Become a Patron!

Smok alien 220w dead no on

Hello
I am electronic engineer and I have for service 2 alien 220w who doesnt power on.
No boot logo on lcd no pc communication.
I have disassembly the mod I measure the components diode , transistor, mosfet and all looks ok
In power supply with 7 volt I see that if I press the power button ,it draws about 70 ma for about 3 second and then stop.
Have any one have the same problem ?
I believe that maybe is the crystal from micro controller and for this reason can not run the program and boot
Also does any one know were I can find spare part like pcb or lcd for this unit?
Thanks

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Best wishes and good luck. I've not had any luck in getting replacement parts for China Mods. I hope someone can provide information on how we can get parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am going to watch this just in case someone does by chance have a place to get replacement parts.

Well the best is to repair pcb ,find the fault.
Actually the solution is not to buy new pcb.
I have hear that this is common problem on alien 220w
But I would like to have a spare pcb so I can make measurements and compare to the fault pcb

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A lot of them brick not brake and I got this from another forum give it a try.

to hard reset your smok alien 220 tc... I will try to describe this as best I can... with the battery door open, hold the smok upside down (battery door up) and hold the two adjustment buttons down at the same time...close the battery door (while continuing to hold adjustment buttons down) which will supply power...a screen will appear after about 1-2 seconds asking to factory reset yes or no...

Some mods reset buy removing the batteries and while holding the fire button plug in the USB. If the computer recognizes it you can then reload the firmware. Joyetech is one of them. Good luck.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A lot of them brick not brake and I got this from another forum give it a try.
to hard reset your smok alien 220 tc... I will try to describe this as best I can... with the battery door open, hold the smok upside down (battery door up) and hold the two adjustment buttons down at the same time...close the battery door (while continuing to hold adjustment buttons down) which will supply power...a screen will appear after about 1-2 seconds asking to factory reset yes or no...

Some mods reset buy removing the batteries and while holding the fire button plug in the USB. If the computer recognizes it you can then reload the firmware. Joyetech is one of them. Good luck.

This I have never seen mentioned before and if my Aliens ever brick I will attempt it.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've had 2 Alien 220's die on me in 6 months. I've tried all the "fixes". Didn't work on mine.
I won't be buying any more of that junk. They were well taken care of using only Smok coils at 50 watts.
People can say what they want about the IPV400's , but I have 2 that are a year old and they still work.
I use them at work and they have been dropped a few times but are still kicking.
Discontinued now but you can find them cheap. Just bought 4 more of them.

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My wife and I both got one last year - problem with ours was the 510 kept coming out the top of the mod.

Hey there fellow vape chaps, I have a similarly screen-dead Alien 220, tried all the tips here and elsewhere and eventually opened it up.

Check out the photo, looks like something burnt out on the left of the down button, presumably down to leaking juice given it's right on the edge of the board.

I guess it doesn't need an electronics engineer to call it a dead 'un... shame, I really liked that mod.

I'll try cleaning it up with cotton bud and alcohol but don't hold out much hope, presumably even if I get a replacement part, I'd have to be pretty clever with a soldering iron to replace it.

Attachments

• DeadAlienBoard.jpg
    DeadAlienBoard.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 24
I've had another good look at it and that component looks fried, even if I could fix it... naa, ordered a couple of squonk mods instead :)

Is a dead Alien 220 any use to anyone ? - as far as I know it's just this component on the board that's dead so the rest is salvageable, perhaps to make a custom outer casing.

I can't promise to put it back together but happy to send to somebody if it's of interest, I don't want anything for it, just seems shame to bin it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've had 2 Alien 220's die on me in 6 months. I've tried all the "fixes". Didn't work on mine.
I won't be buying any more of that junk. They were well taken care of using only Smok coils at 50 watts.
People can say what they want about the IPV400's , but I have 2 that are a year old and they still work.
I use them at work and they have been dropped a few times but are still kicking.
Discontinued now but you can find them cheap. Just bought 4 more of them.
Any Yihi over any smok

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you can't give it away I love my SMOK's, so you never know I might be able to use some parts one day. PM me if you aren't too far to make it worth shipping.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
OP have you tried reflowing it? This trick is common for old motherboards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors