Become a Patron!

Smok Alien 220w is pretty awesome

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought the Smok Alien.. It has become my new favorite mod. It is small and very well built.. Just feel so solid in the hand. The fire button is so nice.. When comparing it to the smok ultra or smok h-priv it is def the best of the three. It doesn't move or rattle like the other devices. It is just solid. Be warned though Mike Vapes received three smok aliens and two of them had strange clicking sounds on their fire buttons so there is def a quality control problem there but luckily my fire button doesn't have any of those issues it is just really nice to use. The screen is well informed and just looks like a nice quality screen. Very sharp and well defined lines. Feels like a quality OLED screen to me but I have no idea what kind of screen it is. It also just looks so much nicer in real life. I feel the pictures make it look like cheap plastic but it is anything but cheap looking in real life. One thing I do not like about though and this is just nitpicking and isn't by any means a deal breaker is it kinda a lefty device.. If holding it in your right hand your palm is over the screen. I feel it is best used in the right hand by using it to thumb fire this way the screen faces out. Prior to getting this I was using the ipv6x and let me tell you it is just so much nicer. While I love the ipv6x it has given me some problems. These problems are quality control. I probably just got a bad one. First the ipv6x 510 pin is slightly positioned wrong and my tanks are dipping to the right a little when looking at the screen. Also the battery door opens on it own if you are two rough with it.. Like for instance if I put the ipv6x down too hard the door pops open and falls over with the batteries popping out. So you have to be somewhat gentle with it. So my point being the smok alien just feels more solid and better put together then the ipv6x. The smok alien is shorter then the ipv6x but it is significantly fatter. Even being fatter it fits really nice in the hand and the smok aliens fire button makes it so you don't have to search for the fire button or extend your index finger to fire which is really nice. The chip it is using I believe is the same as the h-prive with a different screen. and if you ever own a h-priv you know they just work and work very well.. In both watts and temp control. So if you are interested in performance go check out a video on the h-prive or xcube ultra. im sure djlsb will have a perforce review on it in the near future. All in all I am very happy with this device it is the perfect on the go device for using tanks at over 75 watts.. the dual battery setup makes it so you don't start having power issues when the batteries start to get low. If you are looking for a on the go dual 18650 I would recommend this device but if you want smaller then the ipv6x is still a smaller device and fits in pocket a little better. Even know I had a small rant about the ipv6x I still love it for it still performs great and a very nice form factor. Anyway I thought i would share my experience on this device for i have fallen in love with it.. But only time will tell how well it holds up but I feel it will hold up just fine.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear your enjoying it.

The Alien is on my radar but I was waiting to hear how people are liking them so thanks for your feedback. I wish they would have centralized the 510 like the IPV6x but you can't always get what you want.

Nice collection by the way, how do you like the LUX?

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear your enjoying it.

The Alien is on my radar but I was waiting to hear how people are liking them so thanks for your feedback. I wish they would have centralized the 510 like the IPV6x but you can't always get what you want.

Nice collection by the way, how do you like the LUX?

I agree about the center of the 510.. I love that the ipv6x is centered but the alien still fits a 25 mm just fine but you will not be able to go bigger without overhang happening.. As for lux I actually hated it up until they finally released a firmware update.. The firmware update fixed everything I hated about it.. So i like it but in reality if I had to buy it again I wouldn't.. It is nice but it is really just a giant mod. I guess i just prefer smaller mods.. personal opinion..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How's the TC on it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's the TC on it?

The TC on it is performing great.. 400 degrees feels like it should. Vapes smooth in temp.. feels continuous with no break in vapor production.. Basically does temp the same as the h-priv if you own one. I haven't tried any dry burns yet and I probably won't.. I am sure DjLSB will do all that when he reviews it. but so far as for temp goes feels accurate and gives nice smooth vape.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind of jealous.
I have mine on order (thanks to @SirRichardRear for pointing out that ecig had them in stock last night) but it'll be at least two days before I see it.
So all I can do is sit here watching yours as I wait for mine.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Kind of jealous.
I have mine on order (thanks to @SirRichardRear for pointing out that ecig had them in stock last night) but it'll be at least two days before I see it.
So all I can do is sit here watching yours as I wait for mine.
I hate waiting for vape mail. lol I've been tracking a package I ordered Saturday from the state I live in. Says estimated date Tuesday the 20th (yesterday) It's coming for LA, I Live in San Diego 2 hours away lol. Thats the last update for the package. WTF?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a package leave Washington, go to Chicago, go to California, go to Virginia, go to Utah, go to Pennsylvania, then finally arrive in Indiana.
Tracking showed every step along the way 2 days late.
Tracking finally showed delivered 2 days after I was already using the items.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I had a package leave Washington, go to Chicago, go to California, go to Virginia, go to Utah, go to Pennsylvania, then finally arrive in Indiana.
thats what I'm hoping for. that I get home today and it's there. usually i get stuff in 2 days from LA. it left LA yesterday morning so it shuold have arrived in san diego yesterday , got sorted, and been out for delivery today. But it rained the past few days here and socal does not run well with rain lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think it's lost. Got a package today from LA that shipped yesterday

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate waiting for vape mail. lol I've been tracking a package I ordered Saturday from the state I live in. Says estimated date Tuesday the 20th (yesterday) It's coming for LA, I Live in San Diego 2 hours away lol. Thats the last update for the package. WTF?
I usually get things from Florida faster than LA and I am only 40 minutes from Downtown Los Angeles. Now that vaporbeast uses fedex slowpost it takes anywere from 4 to 8 days to get my orders from them, I am only 90 minutes away........ Just got my lightningvapes order today from Florida, shipped Monday, makes no sense why shipping inside California sucks so bad.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I usually get things from Florida faster than LA and I am only 40 minutes from Downtown Los Angeles. Now that vaporbeast uses fedex slowpost it takes anywere from 4 to 8 days to get my orders from them, I am only 90 minutes away........ Just got my lightningvapes order today from Florida, shipped Monday, makes no sense why shipping inside California sucks so bad.

I sent from San Diego some juice to 2 friends at the same time. One lives in LA the other in Tennessee. The Tennessee friend got his a day before the LA friend lol LA post office sucks

Rightgreasy

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just sold my back up device definitely want this any ideas where to order from, I also have the ip6x which I luv but I to have experience the battery door opening whenever u set it down to hard

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes , gunmetal looks great also , where did you order from ? Definitely grabbing this one .. been waiting on someone to stock it though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes , gunmetal looks great also , where did you order from ? Definitely grabbing this one .. been waiting on someone to stock it though

Ecig has the red in stock

gtrtech

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with the centered 510 one of the reasons I wanted the IPV6,but it looks like it's turning into the new Sigelei 155.
everything seems good one the Alien so I guess that is the one now.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really want the gold, but will wait for US shipping + sale to get it around $50.
Ecig.com was out when I went the other day but, but breazy.com has the red black and gold black for 64 I believe.....waiting for the gunmetal myself but it's a us vendor and ships daily , friend ordered 2 last night and said they sent shipping and tracking already

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question, when the device is sleeping /screen is off. When pressing the fire button does it instantly start to fire or do you have to press fire to wake up then fire again to actually fire the tank? My hohmtech mods are instant fire, unless off or locked. KBox mini is annoying have to press fire to wake up then press again to fire addy/tank

Sent from a phone

Rightgreasy

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Question, when the device is sleeping /screen is off. When pressing the fire button does it instantly start to fire or do you have to press fire to wake up then fire again to actually fire the tank? My hohmtech mods are instant fire, unless off or locked. KBox mini is annoying have to press fire to wake up then press again to fire addy/tank

Sent from a phone
Instant fire once you push the button

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Solid mod. Just got one monday. $65 at a b&m. Pics online don't do it justice. Ergonomic and very sharp looking. Some cool bells and whistles too like monitoring the individual batteries. Already want to get another. Nice and compact. Hard-hitting.

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I love mine... I started with factory buggy firmware, then got a beta firmware from DJLsb that im still using because it performs awesome. SMOK released an official firmware upgrade that fixes the one little bug i have with my current firmware that i leave because i think its funny. lol @ battrey

unnamed.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Code3vapor has them in red for $42. Share their page and get another 10% off. Never ordered from them though.

Code3 is a solid vendor, ordered from them twice

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Solid mod. Just got one monday. $65 at a b&m. Pics online don't do it justice. Ergonomic and very sharp looking. Some cool bells and whistles too like monitoring the individual batteries. Already want to get another. Nice and compact. Hard-hitting.
Wtf is up with all my b&m shops they all charge like 25% more plus tax!!!

Sent from a phone

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was happy with that price at a b&m.

Would rather support them. But won't pay double.
U got a good deal, I swear two of the local shops here is ruining the vape industry or there just fuck heads barely making it in the vape world due to there poor knowledge and jacked up prices. Albeit there FDA employees posted there by the CIA LOL

Sent from a phone

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Code3vapor has them in red for $42. Share their page and get another 10% off. Never ordered from them though.

I got my blue one from them for a pre-order price of $49, 2 days later and now $42 :headbang:

But yes they are a good vendor though, used them a few times and never had a problem with them.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

i went there to make the purchase but it says the 10% was expired.....not sure whatgs up with that as, the website is still popping up with the discount...too bad its not $42 for the KIT! I kind of want to hold off and find the KIT deal, i really want to see what the BEaST tank is all about even if its the mini version

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i went there to make the purchase but it says the 10% was expired.....not sure whatgs up with that as, the website is still popping up with the discount...too bad its not $42 for the KIT! I kind of want to hold off and find the KIT deal, i really want to see what the BEaST tank is all about even if its the mini version
If you share their website on fb you get a 10% coupon code. You should get a pop up when you go to the site.

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I want alien! I believe!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you share their website on fb you get a 10% coupon code. You should get a pop up when you go to the site.

I ended up contacting them, got it sorted out. I did miss out on the blue alien special mainly because I want the kit over just the mod. $42 for just the mod was a super deal for anyone wanting just the mod and in blue.

I did order some other stuff from them as this last weekend they had a flash weekend sale.

I am sure in a month the Alien will be cheaper, newer things come out all the time!

Sent from a phone

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I ended up contacting them, got it sorted out. I did miss out on the blue alien special mainly because I want the kit over just the mod. $42 for just the mod was a super deal for anyone wanting just the mod and in blue.

I did order some other stuff from them as this last weekend they had a flash weekend sale.

I am sure in a month the Alien will be cheaper, newer things come out all the time!

Sent from a phone
ecig has them for 37.50 with a pair of LG HE4 batteries. I just ordered mine today. Blue only

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great deal. With the batteries it's like getting the mod for 27 bones.

yup. it's stupidly cheap. and who can't use another set of batteries? looking at Moochs chart the batteries it comes with are LGs version of the samsung 25R so I'm good with that

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Jumped all over that Ecig alien deal too. Added the Laisimo 200 and Cloupor 80...3 mods, 2 batteries for under $100, hell yeah.
there gonna sell out fast. while i was shopping i kept getting pop ups of people buying the alien kit lol. Ecig is selling those like hot cakes

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered on ecig. The pop-ups were all for the same person. Unless there are a bunch of guys named Kevin all buying Aliens. Sweet deal. Got alien+batteries, 2 noisy crickets, 3 tanks, 3 5pk coils for $80.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
<<<<<kicking self, thinking got a good deal when paid $49 for the mod only :finger:

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have money for the kit now bought other toys, you guys are getting a deal for sure!

Sent from a phone

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
e1712ac38c43299826744b616f3999cd.jpg
love mine. It takes a lil while to get used to function since the manual is shit but I love it.
I paid 67 shipped for my kit when it came out

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors