Become a Patron!

Smok Alien 220w is pretty awesome

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't even get a confirmation from them that I bought it, got receipt from paypal 3 days ago, nothing from smoktech..

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just gonna throw some of my two cents in here...

This mod is GREAT!
Passthrough works, overcharge protection works, still haven't discharged enough to test that part out, but all in all even without the firmware upgrade (I'm running this mod through the gambit right now) it seems to enjoy everything I throw at it and doesn't even get warm!

Fucking awesome mod! Glad I got one! Now off to my local B&M to go flaunt it like I'm king shit since they don't have theirs in yet.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm just gonna throw some of my two cents in here...

This mod is GREAT!
Passthrough works, overcharge protection works, still haven't discharged enough to test that part out, but all in all even without the firmware upgrade (I'm running this mod through the gambit right now) it seems to enjoy everything I throw at it and doesn't even get warm!

Fucking awesome mod! Glad I got one! Now off to my local B&M to go flaunt it like I'm king shit since they don't have theirs in yet.
and it actually has on board balanced charging

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It was only off by a TAD when I was testing that last night.

The culprit? Older batteries. LOL
unlike some companies that claim it does balanced charging when it doesn't (cough wismec cough)

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the minimum resistance in wattage mode(non tc)?

Can it fire under .1?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What's the minimum resistance in wattage mode(non tc)?

Can it fire under .1?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
No. If u want lower get a g2 but really no reason to go lower

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got our second kit today. My husband brought me home the blue one a couple days ago and we both like it so much that we went and got the gunmetal one for me today.The baby beast tank that comes with them is great. I took a look at the .4 coil thing that we were both vaping on since we got the first one and have gone through a few tanks full of naked very cool 3mg juice, and the media is white as snow still!

I don't have experience with other mods other than the smok stick style mods that we got a couple years ago with some aspire bvc tanks or whatever(fail for me anyway). However, this makes it so I do not want to smoke any cigarettes. When I tried with some pipe tobacco, it tasted horrible and I just vaped. It makes some interesting thick clouds as well that never tasted burnt, so the fun is there too.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got our second kit today. My husband brought me home the blue one a couple days ago and we both like it so much that we went and got the gunmetal one for me today.The baby beast tank that comes with them is great. I took a look at the .4 coil thing that we were both vaping on since we got the first one and have gone through a few tanks full of naked very cool 3mg juice, and the media is white as snow still!

I don't have experience with other mods other than the smok stick style mods that we got a couple years ago with some aspire bvc tanks or whatever(fail for me anyway). However, this makes it so I do not want to smoke any cigarettes. When I tried with some pipe tobacco, it tasted horrible and I just vaped. It makes some interesting thick clouds as well that never tasted burnt, so the fun is there too.

Very nice! Love mine, too. When I started on mine, my cig cravings instantly went away, after suffering for nearly a year with a lesser mod. Congrats!

Those 0.4ohm coils last 14 to 16 days for me. I've gone through three, and they're pretty consistent. Enjoy!

daddyrabbit

Member For 4 Years
I just ordered mine from MistHub. A significant upgrade from what I have now.

Two questions, are there any tale-tell signs of a knockoff? And,

I only vape for about an hour a day, how long should a coil last at that rate? I still have the original coil from my current rig purchased weeks ago and it's still white as snow.

Thanks!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For all you Alien addicts that need all the colors. I'll just leave this here:

899cd13b385ac84e8382d5b9315da76c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I only vape for about an hour a day, how long should a coil last at that rate? I still have the original coil from my current rig purchased weeks ago and it's still white as snow.

Thanks!
Are you ordering the kit or just the mod? There is a scratch off on the box for our kits for some verification of authenticity, but I haven't even done that. lol

The baby beast comes with a .4ohm coil that is still going strong after 5 days of both my light use and my husband coming home and sucking down 2 or more tanks worth after work. The first one has naked very cool juice in it that is colorless.

The one we just got yesterday was filled with Space Jam Eclipse that is darker, so only time will tell on that.

The store clerk said 2 or 3 weeks but I am sure it all depends on use frequency, wattage, temperature, and juice. The quality is good so far.

However, I am a novice so I am only telling it like I see it. I still stand to be corrected if I am inaccurate or I just have an exceptionally good coil. ;-)

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anybody tried to rebuild a non-RBA coil yet? They come apart easy enough.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Thanks!
Misthub is a legit site. I got one of my aliens from there

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For all you Alien addicts that need all the colors. I'll just leave this here:

899cd13b385ac84e8382d5b9315da76c.jpg

I really hope this one drops , with a green beast will definitely be on my list
Sure, feel free to stop in.
I'll supply the mods, tanks, batteries, and juice.
Bring your own drip tips and beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lmao, send me that CC #. I'll get you one in every color plus a single color for myself. I'll be your profesional vape shopper. Lol.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
haha if there were any more $ left on it, I think there's actually some time saving benefits in it for me.
I may need to win the lotto to continue at the pace I have been going.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit. It is real.
Yeah, just like the other 27 boxes of shit I need to open and go through.
Being gone for a week certainly provides a LOT of time for a shitload of stuff to be delivered.
Not sure if I should go away more often or stop doing it.
It's a lot to come home to.
A lot to test.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Being gone for a week certainly provides a LOT of time for a shitload of stuff to be delivered.
A lot to test.
I wonder if your mailman hates you lol.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if your mailman hates you lol.
I actually go out of my way to talk with her as often as I see her.
1. She retires this spring and since she treats me well I want to ensure to provide her a good Christmas bonus.
2. I want to ensure she continues to treat me well until she retires as well as tells the next person to treat me well.
haha

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I knew a lot of people growing up that tipped their mail carrier and never understood it.
Now I do.
Maybe my reasons are different than those I knew before but at least I know my reason is worth it.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This looks like the actual "Sorry" from Sigelei. I think I'd bet it'll make up for the horribly disappointing 213/fuchai 213. I'm going to grab it as soon as it's on the market and sell my Alien 220 to a friend because I've been using the internal charging and I don't care what people say, Smok says it's a safe feature and the mod's been just released not long ago. No issues here. I still am having some worries with the wattage and dual battery factory though. There are some awesome coils that came out between 2 weeks ago and 2 days ago that blow the TFV8 out of the water. I haven't jumped on them even though I have a Koopor Primus because I have battery concerns. LG HB6's provide the most amperage out of the 18650's on the U.S. market and regardless of the fact not many people are aware of this, they're not having safety issues. I alternate between HB6's and Sony VTC5A's depending on how intense the tank and coil setup is that I'm using at a given time. Anyway. This looks like it'll be my Alien killer, (I like Sigelei), and will be the first to give my thoughts on the device when I can get my own. As long as I don't need 4x18650 LG HB6's to use these new animal tanks, (three batteries is all I want to work with but I want one or two of the new competitors to the TFV8) then I'll be fine. Check this out.
http://www.vaperoyalty.com/sigelei-godzilla-214w-tc-mod/

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
This looks like the actual "Sorry" from Sigelei. I think I'd bet it'll make up for the horribly disappointing 213/fuchai 213. I'm going to grab it as soon as it's on the market and sell my Alien 220 to a friend because I've been using the internal charging and I don't care what people say, Smok says it's a safe feature and the mod's been just released not long ago. No issues here. I still am having some worries with the wattage and dual battery factory though. There are some awesome coils that came out between 2 weeks ago and 2 days ago that blow the TFV8 out of the water. I haven't jumped on them even though I have a Koopor Primus because I have battery concerns. LG HB6's provide the most amperage out of the 18650's on the U.S. market and regardless of the fact not many people are aware of this, they're not having safety issues. I alternate between HB6's and Sony VTC5A's depending on how intense the tank and coil setup is that I'm using at a given time. Anyway. This looks like it'll be my Alien killer, (I like Sigelei), and will be the first to give my thoughts on the device when I can get my own. As long as I don't need 4x18650 LG HB6's to use these new animal tanks, (three batteries is all I want to work with but I want one or two of the new competitors to the TFV8) then I'll be fine. Check this out.
http://www.vaperoyalty.com/sigelei-godzilla-214w-tc-mod/
It's a regulated mod. Ohms law doesn't apply in the same way. Most regulated mods are built to use 20-25 amp batteries so your fine with lg hg2 or samsung 30q batts. Those are mainly what I use in all my devices.

I wouldn't sell the alien for the new sig. It's the same board with the same issues as the fuchai213. Only 155 watts and no temp control.

Also the alien is safe to charge internally it actually has balanced charging

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot to test.
brag brag brag. lol
I want to know if the 20 supremes you ordered from yeti are all the 4ml versions...? I believe it was you who ordered the mother load...

I'm still waiting on Breazy.com to fulfill my alien kit order...
Stuff for sale...Inquire within.

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm here to help. Lol.

Nah, your an enabler. I had to order the green for my boy Steve and the Red one for myself so my other homie can buy my gunmetal one off me. Everybody is getting this alien bug. Then they come out with ANOTHER 220W mod 220W for their new RDTA? LMAO c'mon Smok, don't fix what ain't broken.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah, your an enabler. I had to order the green for my boy Steve and the Red one for myself so my other homie can buy my gunmetal one off me. Everybody is getting this alien bug. Then they come out with ANOTHER 220W mod 220W for their new RDTA? LMAO c'mon Smok, don't fix what ain't broken.
Funny thing is I don't own one. Lol.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
brag brag brag. lol
I want to know if the 20 supremes you ordered from yeti are all the 4ml versions...? I believe it was you who ordered the mother load...
I'm still waiting on Breazy.com to fulfill my alien kit order...
No it was @SirRichardRear , he ordered 11, I only ordered 1 stainless and 1 black.
The stainless is 7ml, the black is 4ml.
I received TWO reply emails when I complained.
The first one was just like everyone elses, oops, we messed up, have 30ml of free juice.
Here is a copy/paste of the second email:
"Just a quick update on the Aromamizer situation. Again I do apologize for the issue and hope that you do understand that it was an honest mistake on our end. Although we did not believe we could order in any additional stock on the 7ml units, we were informed just today that there are more 7ml tanks availiable for us to purchase. We will be shipping every customer that received the incorrect tanks out replacement units at our expense. Please feel free to keep the 4ml tanks your received in error on us. Again I am sorry for the issue and we are working as quickly as we can to resolve it but we will be shipping out the correct tanks to you!"
So, yeti IS making good on their error.
Awesome of them.
(gonna be expensive for them though)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No it was @SirRichardRear , he ordered 11, I only ordered 1 stainless and 1 black.
The first one was just like everyone elses, oops, we messed up, have 30ml of free juice.
"Just a quick update on the Aromamizer situation. Again I do apologize for the issue and hope that you do understand that it was an honest mistake on our end. Although we did not believe we could order in any additional stock on the 7ml units, we were informed just today that there are more 7ml tanks availiable for us to purchase. We will be shipping every customer that received the incorrect tanks out replacement units at our expense. Please feel free to keep the 4ml tanks your received in error on us. Again I am sorry for the issue and we are working as quickly as we can to resolve it but we will be shipping out the correct tanks to you!"
Awesome of them.
Yup if they come through I'll have 23 total supremes lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Absolutely, big credit goes to Yeti for stepping up. Amazing customer service. They made a regular out of me for this.

yup for sure. they went form a never use again, to I'll use them again for sure out of principle. even if it's a few bucks more. Good customer service is worth that

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome of them.
Not yet they havent, I'm still waiting on my entire order from them, I would have been better off ordering from china

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Holy Wow!!!! Got the Alien this evening with BB and WOW!!!! It sure is a huge leap from my Innokin CoolFire 4 plus and iSub apex.... :xD::xD::xD: Flavah! The Flavor is phenomenal and the clouds.... sweet baby Jesus.... :xD::xD::xD::xD:

I'm in love.... :banana::banana::banana:

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome of them.
okay well if you don't mind I took a screen shot of that reply (not ur user name) and Im going to email them and Confirm this because I did not get a new email.

Trail

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone:) First post, i'm new here:) Guess it was time to stop the lurking as i have a question for all the Alien fans here :)

I finaly received my alien yesterday. the only thing i am having problems with is the TC mode. This surprised me because that is the reason i upgraded from a Joyetech Cuboid 150-200w.

What i'm experiencing is inconsistend temperature. Sometimes it fires very hard, the next time it fires very lightly. Sometimes i can hardly get decent vapor and 2 second later the vapor blows me two feet backwards. Its not the rampup time. It does this when chainvaping too while the coil is still hot from the previous puff. I have experimented with the TC setting for SS and moved it anywhere between 88 and 110.

It seems it does not detect the proper Ohmage. i have replaced my coil and triple checked if all screws are tightened.

I'm running dual clapton coils 26/32ga 5 wraps each on 3.5mm in a griffin 25 plus tank. (i didnt fall for the mini beast, coz of tank size)

Anyone have a clue about this TC thing?

Another question. Do the newer aliens come with a screen protector or not, i thought i'd seen a tube review saying so.

My alien came with none, and firmware 1.2.1. Which i upgraded to 1.2.2 myself.

Regards,
Trail.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU :cheers:

Can't help with the TC, sorry. Haven't bothered to update my firmware.

My third Alien came with the screen protector. That was maybe a month ago. Maybe you got one that sat on the shelf awhile. Hard to say with these things. I get the impression they are made in more than one facility, and the quality control isn't very consistent. Of the 3 I have, my only complaint is the crappy paint on the first one, but efun sent me a replacement, so I'm good.

VU Sponsors