Become a Patron!

Smok Alien 220w is pretty awesome

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My button doesn't rattle, and I don't hear a click. Maybe it's my hearing going.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've gone into detail about the benefits of variable wattage per second.
Don't want to derail this thread, so plz check the thread I started on the tarot pro.
I was in that thread. Didn't see any benefits. Sounds like it would be more annoying then usefull but we'll see. Maybe it'll suprise me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I really wanted the smok alien kit but it seems the price has gone up a bit and no one really has the color I want in stock. I also keep hearing about the fire bar getting lose after a few weeks of use. so maybe I should go back and revisit some other dual 18650 mod options lol
No issues on mine yet. But I'll let you know if it does

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I really wanted the smok alien kit but it seems the price has gone up a bit and no one really has the color I want in stock. I also keep hearing about the fire bar getting lose after a few weeks of use. so maybe I should go back and revisit some other dual 18650 mod options lol
coupon code Halloween for 20% off brings the price to 48 bucks for the kit (includes the TFV8 Baby Beast tank) all colors in stock
http://www.cvapor.com/smok-alien-kit-with-aline-220w-box-mod-and-3ml-tfv8-baby-tank.html

can't beat that deal

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just tried it on my phone. Shows lack of stock and coupon code not valid. But thanks for your help! This place is awesome when it comes to helping each other out!
yeah I just ran into the coupon code issue too. not sure why it isn't working. i'm gonna try and find out.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just tried it on my phone. Shows lack of stock and coupon code not valid. But thanks for your help! This place is awesome when it comes to helping each other out!
so that site the coupon code doens't work for halloween sale items.

I did find it here https://www.misthub.com/products/smoktech-alien-220w-tc-kit?variant=20476603653
Only gunmetal left. I just brought the last gold one apparently lol. code reddit15 brings the price to 51 dollars and 5.99 for priority shipping (US seller) Cost me 56.99 total including shipping.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been loving the combo of my Billow V3 with SS304 build on the Alien with the TCR set to 105. There is just a great synergy with the 2, wasn't a big fan of the Billow before this. I am liking this combo in TC better than my other tanks with SS316L with the TCR set to 92.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

cableman

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought the Smok Alien.. It has become my new favorite mod. It is small and very well built.. Just feel so solid in the hand. The fire button is so nice.. When comparing it to the smok ultra or smok h-priv it is def the best of the three. It doesn't move or rattle like the other devices. It is just solid. Be warned though Mike Vapes received three smok aliens and two of them had strange clicking sounds on their fire buttons so there is def a quality control problem there but luckily my fire button doesn't have any of those issues it is just really nice to use. The screen is well informed and just looks like a nice quality screen. Very sharp and well defined lines. Feels like a quality OLED screen to me but I have no idea what kind of screen it is. It also just looks so much nicer in real life. I feel the pictures make it look like cheap plastic but it is anything but cheap looking in real life. One thing I do not like about though and this is just nitpicking and isn't by any means a deal breaker is it kinda a lefty device.. If holding it in your right hand your palm is over the screen. I feel it is best used in the right hand by using it to thumb fire this way the screen faces out. Prior to getting this I was using the ipv6x and let me tell you it is just so much nicer. While I love the ipv6x it has given me some problems. These problems are quality control. I probably just got a bad one. First the ipv6x 510 pin is slightly positioned wrong and my tanks are dipping to the right a little when looking at the screen. Also the battery door opens on it own if you are two rough with it.. Like for instance if I put the ipv6x down too hard the door pops open and falls over with the batteries popping out. So you have to be somewhat gentle with it. So my point being the smok alien just feels more solid and better put together then the ipv6x. The smok alien is shorter then the ipv6x but it is significantly fatter. Even being fatter it fits really nice in the hand and the smok aliens fire button makes it so you don't have to search for the fire button or extend your index finger to fire which is really nice. The chip it is using I believe is the same as the h-prive with a different screen. and if you ever own a h-priv you know they just work and work very well.. In both watts and temp control. So if you are interested in performance go check out a video on the h-prive or xcube ultra. im sure djlsb will have a perforce review on it in the near future. All in all I am very happy with this device it is the perfect on the go device for using tanks at over 75 watts.. the dual battery setup makes it so you don't start having power issues when the batteries start to get low. If you are looking for a on the go dual 18650 I would recommend this device but if you want smaller then the ipv6x is still a smaller device and fits in pocket a little better. Even know I had a small rant about the ipv6x I still love it for it still performs great and a very nice form factor. Anyway I thought i would share my experience on this device for i have fallen in love with it.. But only time will tell how well it holds up but I feel it will hold up just fine.

I just bought one too and I love it. It was my most favorite go to mod except for the cuboid 150-200 watt that has the bad 510 connector (Trying to replace it with a new one, shops won't do repair on mods and the company sucks, they want to blame the problem on everything else but the mod was awesome except for the connector). Anyway I am writing to tell you that my new SMOK Alien mod won' read coils in RDA's when my other mods read them fine and fire them up and vape. If you know anything about this please let me know. I don't know for sure but I think the different depths of the screw in part of the atomizer hurts the connector on these mods so I bought one of those heat sink adapters to protect my mods from the longer studs. It work good and I have ordered another one, I think I will use these on all my mods, especially the RDA's which sometimes leak if your wick isn't just right and these things keep any juice from going down in your mod which is a big big plus if nothing else. If you know anything about my problem with the Alien mod please respond. Vape on..........here is a link to the adapter I got, not trying to sell you anything, just providing info : http://www.ebay.com/itm/11194096704...49&var=410888977921&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just bought one too and I love it. It was my most favorite go to mod except for the cuboid 150-200 watt that has the bad 510 connector (Trying to replace it with a new one, shops won't do repair on mods and the company sucks, they want to blame the problem on everything else but the mod was awesome except for the connector). Anyway I am writing to tell you that my new SMOK Alien mod won' read coils in RDA's when my other mods read them fine and fire them up and vape. If you know anything about this please let me know. I don't know for sure but I think the different depths of the screw in part of the atomizer hurts the connector on these mods so I bought one of those heat sink adapters to protect my mods from the longer studs. It work good and I have ordered another one, I think I will use these on all my mods, especially the RDA's which sometimes leak if your wick isn't just right and these things keep any juice from going down in your mod which is a big big plus if nothing else. If you know anything about my problem with the Alien mod please respond. Vape on..........here is a link to the adapter I got, not trying to sell you anything, just providing info : http://www.ebay.com/itm/111940967043?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=410888977921&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Thats odd. mine has fired everything I threw at it. I've used it with a boreas, clieto, velocity v2 clone, and pharaoh so far

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine has fired everything as well and this is the first I have heard about the Alien not reading coils, seems like an isolated incident. I don't doubt it is happening to you @cableman , just to say it sounds like you may have a faulty unit and should contact the seller to get a replacement.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't gotten one. I'm just going off reviews I've read and watched. Most say it because loose and rattles after a few weeks. My OCD would go crazy over that lol

In the event you or anyone else DOES get an alien with the double clicking fire button, it is a simple fix.
Just go back and read what I put on post 77.
Only takes a few minutes.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought one too and I love it. It was my most favorite go to mod except for the cuboid 150-200 watt that has the bad 510 connector (Trying to replace it with a new one, shops won't do repair on mods and the company sucks, they want to blame the problem on everything else but the mod was awesome except for the connector). Anyway I am writing to tell you that my new SMOK Alien mod won' read coils in RDA's when my other mods read them fine and fire them up and vape. If you know anything about this please let me know. I don't know for sure but I think the different depths of the screw in part of the atomizer hurts the connector on these mods so I bought one of those heat sink adapters to protect my mods from the longer studs. It work good and I have ordered another one, I think I will use these on all my mods, especially the RDA's which sometimes leak if your wick isn't just right and these things keep any juice from going down in your mod which is a big big plus if nothing else. If you know anything about my problem with the Alien mod please respond. Vape on..........here is a link to the adapter I got, not trying to sell you anything, just providing info : http://www.ebay.com/itm/111940967043?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=410888977921&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Neither my blue or red one have given me any troubles.
Sorry you're having issues with yours.
Contacting the seller definitely sounds in order.
I have quite a few mods and not a single one has ever given me the problem of the 510 being too shallow to handle whatever I am putting on it.
Maybe I'm just lucky, maybe you just received a bad one.
Hope you get it sorted.
By the way, the link you provided seems to be a bit high priced, you could have saved a few $
http://www.3fvape.com/misc/4296-510...ainless-steel-22mm-diameter.html#.WA_s_sszU0Q
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1923808-kepler-510-finned-heat-sink-for-atomizers

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been loving the combo of my Billow V3 with SS304 build on the Alien with the TCR set to 105. There is just a great synergy with the 2, wasn't a big fan of the Billow before this. I am liking this combo in TC better than my other tanks with SS316L with the TCR set to 92.

Tell me about your Billow V3 and help me understand why I don't have one yet.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tell me about your Billow V3 and help me understand why I don't have one yet.

A bud of mine @Elites gave it to me. I usually like a little more airflow and they do have a new version out which might be even better, not sure though, only Billow tank I have. It is a collaboration with eciggity and Ehpro, here is the Billow V3 and the new BILLOW V3 PLUS 25MM
but they have maybe 5 or 6 different Billow tanks. They are available from other online stores though and eciggity usually has discount weekends, sign up for there newsletter.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Lol, yeah. It also reduces the chamber, smaller chamber more flavor presumably.
Depends to me. Needs to be a middle ground. Too much air mutes the flavor. Not enough air gives a funky flavor. Funny enough the best flavor I got is from a 22mm rda with a big chamber

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me in order
1. Wismec Inde DUO
2. IJOY/Limitless Combo RDTA
3. SMOK TFV4 Micro with the .3 CLP2
4. Limitless RDTA PLUS
5.Limitless XL
6.Aspire Cleito / Horizontech Cerakote
7.Tobeco Super Tank (original)
8. SMOK TF-RTA
9. Freemax Starre Pro
10. Horizontech Arctic V8
With that said, the coil used in each of those makes a HUGE difference as well as the juice used.
What produces the best flavor on one juice may mute the flavor on another juice.
But that's just me.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends to me. Needs to be a middle ground. Too much air mutes the flavor. Not enough air gives a funky flavor. Funny enough the best flavor I got is from a 22mm rda with a big chamber
Seems that for me it's mostly about the distance from the drip tip to the coil.
The closer the more flavorful.
Especially if you look at the list above, no rhyme or reason. odd.
Or maybe it's all in my head.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
For me in order
1. Wismec Inde DUO
2. IJOY/Limitless Combo RDTA
3. SMOK TFV4 Micro with the .3 CLP2
4. Limitless RDTA PLUS
5.Limitless XL
6.Aspire Cleito / Horizontech Cerakote
7.Tobeco Super Tank (original)
8. SMOK TF-RTA
9. Freemax Starre Pro
10. Horizontech Arctic V8
With that said, the coil used in each of those makes a HUGE difference as well as the juice used.
What produces the best flavor on one juice may mute the flavor on another juice.
But that's just me.
The duo is available for 10 bucks. I'm tempted but the same site has a tobecco super tank rta for 14 and a conqueror for 10 and some ss juggernaut wire spools so now I'm like what should I do lol

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The duo is available for 10 bucks. I'm tempted but the same site has a tobecco super tank rta for 14 and a conqueror for 10 and some ss juggernaut wire spools so now I'm like what should I do lol

Conqueror. ..mmmmm hmmmm

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A bud of mine @Elites gave it to me. I usually like a little more airflow and they do have a new version out which might be even better, not sure though, only Billow tank I have. It is a collaboration with eciggity and Ehpro, here is the Billow V3 and the new BILLOW V3 PLUS 25MM
but they have maybe 5 or 6 different Billow tanks. They are available from other online stores though and eciggity usually has discount weekends, sign up for there newsletter.
So 2mm larger = .8ml more juice.
Only difference I really see.
Either way, I should probably have them both.....in both colors.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't understand the issue, sounds like you need the duo, super tank, conqueror, and some wire....seems about right.
Now that you know what you need all you need to do is click BUY NOW

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't understand the issue, sounds like you need the duo, super tank, conqueror, and some wire....seems about right.
Lol, yep, sounds about right.

Edit: careful putting big hot builds in the DUO though, the inner chamber is not glass, I deformed mine with some big parallel claptons. The drip tip it comes with sucks too but there are some chuff caps that fit.

15a9696f8482928f1057e0edd86dce77.jpg
dae191deffb226fe68b3e718ce62f454.jpg
f99cf47a9f5addb06b6752fee2c950e4.jpg

Some fit right off the bat like the glass one but the copper one need a little machining to get in there.

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it turns out to be an issue, I'll sell you some shelves at a good price because evidently my last upgrade wasn't enough of an upgrade and I may have to do it all over again real soon.
They are 14" deep, 7' tall, 7' wide. Beautifully white, and brand new.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not familiar with the conqueror or super tank. Are they worth it? Wire is always good to have. I have a bunch but it's never too much lol. The issue is I purchased so much recently already lol. I have like 4 order that haven't even come in yet. 1 alien mod, 1 alien kit, coils for the clieto tfv8 and baby beast, a gold supreme, color tanks for the avacado 24 tfv8 clieto and supreme, another velocity v2 clone. Off the top of my head. Half the shit is still in the mail lol. But now I'm tempted. A rda, wire and 2 tanks for under 50 bucks sounds like a steal.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely a yay on the Conqueror, it is one of my favorite tanks. Tricky to build on at first if you never used a postless deck but great flavor. The super tank rta 25 mm is also good but i like the Conqueror better

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, yep, sounds about right.

Edit: careful putting big hot builds in the DUO though, the inner chamber is not glass, I deformed mine with some big parallel claptons. The drip tip it comes with sucks too but there are some chuff caps that fit.

15a9696f8482928f1057e0edd86dce77.jpg
dae191deffb226fe68b3e718ce62f454.jpg
f99cf47a9f5addb06b6752fee2c950e4.jpg

Some fit right off the bat like the glass one but the copper one need a little machining to get in there.

I don't know if you guys caught my edit about the DUO

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not familiar with the conqueror or super tank. Are they worth it? Wire is always good to have. I have a bunch but it's never too much lol. The issue is I purchased so much recently already lol. I have like 4 order that haven't even come in yet. 1 alien mod, 1 alien kit, coils for the clieto tfv8 and baby beast, a gold supreme, color tanks for the avacado 24 tfv8 clieto and supreme, another velocity v2 clone. Off the top of my head. Half the shit is still in the mail lol. But now I'm tempted. A rda, wire and 2 tanks for under 50 bucks sounds like a steal.
Looks like you have stolen my orders.
This is all being shipped to ME right?
But yes, sounds like a really good deal to me.
You know I'd place the order.
But don't let me twist your arm.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I did and it surprised me as well as disappointed me.
The part that disappointed me is that I didn't catch the fact that it wasn't glass.
Guess I just assumed it was and went with it.
Shame on me but THANK YOU for pointing it out.
I'll keep it in mind.
I have a pair of Clapton 5/6 wrap @ ....shit, I forget, either 3.5 or 4mm.
Working amazingly.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Simply sounds like you just needed a bigger hammer.
lol
I didn't like the original tip when I first tried it but it has grown on me since.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did and it surprised me as well as disappointed me.
The part that disappointed me is that I didn't catch the fact that it wasn't glass.
Guess I just assumed it was and went with it.
Shame on me but THANK YOU for pointing it out.
I'll keep it in mind.
I have a pair of Clapton 5/6 wrap @ ....shit, I forget, either 3.5 or 4mm.
Working amazingly.
I was chain vaping it, holds a ton of juice. I think I had Alien coils in there. Noticed the tank was hot, looked at it and notice it looked odd. The outside is glass but then took off the top and felt the onside and it was deformed, caught too much heat. Still works but no more chain vaping it for me.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I did not but too late I placed my order. I'll be careful. Not suprised though. Typical wismec shit quality and corner cutting.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was chain vaping it, holds a ton of juice. I think I had Alien coils in there. Noticed the tank was hot, looked at it and notice it looked odd. The outside is glass but then took off the top and felt the onside and it was deformed, caught too much heat. Still works but no more chain vaping it for me.
ohhhh I see.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Looks like you have stolen my orders.
This is all being shipped to ME right?
But yes, sounds like a really good deal to me.
You know I'd place the order.
But don't let me twist your arm.
Great minds think alike. And yeah I couldn't pass up that deal

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not but too late I placed my order. I'll be careful. Not suprised though. Typical wismec shit quality and corner cutting.

The top cap with the glass tip I showed was bought locally for $5 but fasttech has it as well, just not sure if it is the same thing bur looks like it. Once you try the crap plastic drip tip they include you will probably want to place an order.

The other 2 came from vaporbeast but I think they sold out.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@SirRichardRear I blame YOU.
You talked me into it and twisted MY arm.
Wotofo Conqueror Postless RTA (Black) $10.00
Wotofo Conqueror Postless RTA (Stainless) $10.00
TOBECO 25MM SUPER TANK RTA REBUILDABLE TANK ATOMIZER (Stainless) $14.00
TOBECO 25MM SUPER TANK RTA REBUILDABLE TANK ATOMIZER (Black) $14.00
PREBUILT CUSTOM COILS IN 7 STYLES (10PCS PER PACKAGE) $5.39
CLAPTON TWISTED: 28ga*32ga wrapped: 28ga*32ga 0.9Ω
SUPER CLAPTON COIL: 26ga*32 wrapped: 0.1*0.9Flat 0.7Ω
STAGGERED COIL: 24ga*2 wrapped: 32ga 0.3Ω
Shipping $ 4.99
Grand Total $69.16

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The top cap with the glass tip I showed was bought locally for $5 but fasttech has it as well, just not sure if it is the same thing bur looks like it. Once you try the crap plastic drip tip they include you will probably want to place an order.

The other 2 came from vaporbeast but I think they sold out.

I have a standing order with them shipping in a few days. Wonder if I can add that in. What's it called?

VU Sponsors