Become a Patron!

Smok alien backlight is out and not able to vape HELP!!!

Klm

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The backlight is out. When I got the device for my husband like 2 months ago I updated the firmware. Everything has been working fine. Any suggestions? I can't see anything. I can't vape with it either. I'm not sure if that is due to it asking a question and me not seeing to be able to answer.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not to sure about the alien however if you haven't already check to see if there is a reset option for the mod and try that. Also could be the batteries doesn't hurt to check. Still kinda new to vaping but hope that helps and you get it working again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Klm

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
IF it's in Stealth Mode, 3 quick clicks will bring up the menu. Go to Settings, Screen Time to get off Stealth.

It should vape in Stealth, unless it's stuck in TC AND Stealth, and you aren't using TC-able coils. If 3 clicks doesn't show you the menu, you may have a warranty issue. Good luck.

Klm

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IF it's in Stealth Mode, 3 quick clicks will bring up the menu. Go to Settings, Screen Time to get off Stealth.

It should vape in Stealth, unless it's stuck in TC AND Stealth, and you aren't using TC-able coils. If 3 clicks doesn't show you the menu, you may have a warranty issue. Good luck.
I am trying this but the backlight is so low it's almost black so I'm not sure I can see what I'm clicking.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am trying this but the backlight is so low it's almost black so I'm not sure I can see what I'm clicking.

If it's really dim, it's not in Stealth. I just turned my Contrast all the way down to 10 and I can see it fine. Even when the batteries are drained it doesn't get dim like that. Sounds like you got a defect.

Klm

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The batteries show to be almost charged completely. I guess I will reach out to smok and see what if any there warranty will cover.

Klm

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I'm within the 3 month warranty by a hair. It looks like they just want me to ship it back to them. Tomorrow I will try to get some type of communication with them prior to shipping blind. Thanks for helping me out. Hopefully I can get this all corrected. Otherwise I will be real bummed.

VU Sponsors