Become a Patron!

Smok alien kit

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello fellow vapers
Been Vaping around 3 years now and loving it, better than stinky Cigs anyway. I've had loads of mods over last 3 years all regulated, never built a coil, or used dippers or mech-mods. So just wondering what is the best coils for baby beast, ?? Or am I best just sticking a new tank on the alien. I already have 3 crowns, 2 original 1 latest model which I prefer the original better, 1 TFV8 for evrning cloud blow-outs,also freemax starre tank, (bottom fill).1 atlantis mega on my RX200S. And a target pro 75w kit that I keep together for the Ccell ceramic coils which I can't get enough of. I've just heard read bit of bad press about the baby beast. So just like to hear what people think about it. As far as my kit goes, I got a 0.15 coil in it now and it's nothing special flavour-cloud wise, So any help, suggestions be appreciated. Thank you

My S5.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello fellow vapers
Been Vaping around 3 years now and loving it, better than stinky Cigs anyway. I've had loads of mods over last 3 years all regulated, never built a coil, or used dippers or mech-mods. So just wondering what is the best coils for baby beast, ?? Or am I best just sticking a new tank on the alien. I already have 3 crowns, 2 original 1 latest model which I prefer the original better, 1 TFV8 for evrning cloud blow-outs,also freemax starre tank, (bottom fill).1 atlantis mega on my RX200S. And a target pro 75w kit that I keep together for the Ccell ceramic coils which I can't get enough of. I've just heard read bit of bad press about the baby beast. So just like to hear what people think about it. As far as my kit goes, I got a 0.15 coil in it now and it's nothing special flavour-cloud wise, So any help, suggestions be appreciated. Thank you

My S5.
Well personally my favorite coils for the baby are the Q2's that come preinstalled but the T8's are nice too. I think you will have to choose which suits you best though. ALSO make sure you stay under the recommended wattage as Smok rates them a little too high. I'm vaping on the T8 0.15 Ohm coil and its rated at 50-110watt best at 60-80... I would stick around the 50s and very low 60s... my sweet spot for that coil is 62.5 watts.... Just for an example

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your help mate. I bought mine off a fellow vapers, it was only a day old. And I've got the same coil in as you said. Vaping at 65w as I speak now. So didn't get any extra coils with it just the 0.15. Thank you.

My S5.

dropstep

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im using the .4 coil in my baby beast on an al85 at 60w and have been enjoying it. Not quiet the flavor of my clieto120 but good enough too enjoy.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
but I prefer the rba.

I agree. I mean, there are very good coils you can buy but there's something about making it yourself, but I'm aware some aren't interested, or have tried before but found it to be tedious. I hope you at least give building a try (or try again) @StephenGeo, you'll save money. Average cost, $5-$10 per coil, more for the elaborate aliens and claptons. You can buy 100ft wire for $5 on Amazon and make 34534534534534534 coils yourself and know the exact materials used for wicking.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the lower profile look of the Baby Beast on the Alien, makes it more portable. I'm not a huge wattage guy and not a clouds bro clouds type so the .4 is fine for me.
But all my friends are rocking the Cleito 120 on theirs and swear by it. I plan to have one soon and slap it on a Battlestar.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in line with what a few have already posted. I prefer the Q2 pre-made coils or the RBA. My personal issue with the TFV8 Baby Beast is the tank capacity. I like the TFV8 Big Baby Beast better for that reason. I also agree that SMOK ratings on the pre-made coils are high. I run my Q2 around 40 Watts. Wattage also depends on air flow and the e-juice I'm running also.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I prefer the Q2, 0.4ohm in my baby beast when I am not using a RDA on my Alien. As mentioned the ratings are high. I have mine set between 45w and 50w depending on juice.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love the Baby Beast, I have 3. I prefer the Q2 and X4 coils running around 40 - 45 watts. No problems with flavor and a nice cloud.

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've used the Q2, X4, T8, and the rba in the baby. The stock coils were all fine, but I prefer the rba.

Same. I can never get my coils to last a week, whereas my cotton in the RBA lasts and lasts and lasts, plus better flavor and vapor. I've upgraded to the Big Baby, and can't wait until my TFV12 ships. I'll try that with coils first, but I'll probably end up getting the RBA for that as well.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in line with what a few have already posted. I prefer the Q2 pre-made coils or the RBA. My personal issue with the TFV8 Baby Beast is the tank capacity. I like the TFV8 Big Baby Beast better for that reason. I also agree that SMOK ratings on the pre-made coils are high. I run my Q2 around 40 Watts. Wattage also depends on air flow and the e-juice I'm running also.
Yeah the tfv8 is my favourite tank for clouds over flavour partly because of the 6ml capacity. And my flavour tank is tiny 2.5ml target pro 75w , I use it with 0.9 ohm ceramics about 30-32w, enough cloud for me but flavour of juice is best I've ever had so far.

My S5.

VU Sponsors