Become a Patron!

SMOK ALIEN power down, shuts off after 1 second...

Extreme newbie to Vaping. This is actually my second Vape unit. I had a SMOK G320 originally. This unit worked for around a month, then one day the coil went into what I could call a thermo nuclear melt down. Thought it might blow my face off. Returned it to the SMOK people, and after a period of only about 2.5 months, and a couple dozen telephone calls to their customer service department - they mailed me a new one. The G320 I actually traded for a brand new ALIEN.

I am using all stock components from SMOK for this machine. For approximately a month - it worked fine. I started off using standard vapor juice, then approximately a week ago started to use CBD juice. One day recently went to pick it up - and it dispensed vapor - but it continued to vape after taking my finger off of the button. Removed the batteries and let it sit. Inserted the batteries and the power would not remain on. Went to a smoke shop - they told me my batteries were not very good - bought brand new batteries ( IMREN 3500 MAH 3.7V IMR18650 15A/30A) (paid over $25.00 for 2 btw) which seemed to solve the problem for 1 day. Next day while eating lunch, the vape began dispensing vapor by itself without being touched. Removed the batteries again and let it sit, and charged the batteries fully. While at the smoke shop, a message on the vape had said something about a coil short - so they told me to replace the coil. Replaced the coil. Now the power fires up and the SMOK logo appears for about half a second - then nothing. Batteries are fully charged. Cannot get the display to light up normally or the machine to vape properly. Was trying to find out how to possibly reset the unit - but could not find that on the SMOK site. Any help would be appreciated. For your consideration - I thank you...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hopefully bumping this thread will get you some responses. I don't have this one, but Im seeing more and more problems with these over the last few months. If it were me, and I had issues 2 times from them, I'd see about getting it replaced again, or if possible, a refund.

Good luck!

Localurking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both my aliens work fine... sometimes i get a no fire, or it basically crashes and resets itself... they have software updates dont they? But it sounds like a bad unit. Return that guy and get another/sum diff. Sorry bud.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like it could be a faulty mod to me as well. Anytime it just starts producing vapor without hitting the fire button, it's autofiring. Not a good thing. That's pretty pricey for those batteries too, in the future maybe check imrbatteries, illumn or liionwholesale. Lg hg2's, samsung 30q's or 25r's, sony vtc5a's are all solid options and usually run around $10-15 a pair. The batteries themselves should have nothing to do with autofiring. You shouldn't have to reset the mod and try to diagnose or fix all those issues, I'd ask for a refund and try something else.

Maybe it's the shipment of those mods the store got in that had a problem with the run, maybe it's newer produced aliens. Mine hasn't had any of those issues but it's an older one from like 10mo ago. I've noticed a few other mods exhibiting auto fire issues, not just smok's stuff. The modefined sirius has been having similar problems and it's fairly new. Something that one would hope had been solved in vape mods since the old issues a year or two ago with some.

VU Sponsors