Become a Patron!

Smok alien problems

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody who has the alien had any problems with the paint chipping on the mod. It hasn't been dropped and been in my pocket the whole time. It's only been two weeks and its chipped worse than any mod I've used for three years ugh.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anybody who has the alien had any problems with the paint chipping on the mod. It hasn't been dropped and been in my pocket the whole time. It's only been two weeks and its chipped worse than any mod I've used for three years ugh.
I have 2 of them. 1 is about 2 weeks old, the other is about a week old. i've only used them since getting them. even took one out to a Halloween party this past weekend. it's been in my pocket, my wifes purse, and dropped a few times, and they still look brand new. no chipping

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 of them. 1 is about 2 weeks old, the other is about a week old. i've only used them since getting them. even took one out to a Halloween party this past weekend. it's been in my pocket, my wifes purse, and dropped a few times, and they still look brand new. no chipping
Thanks. I just checked to make sure it's an authentic and it is.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have one about 10 days old now and the finish is fine, including the bottom. It's been in use just about every day as well.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is about 3 weeks old and it came with 4 small chips on the very top edge, I used a Sharpie Black Oil Paint Pen to touch it up.

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
I have had my black/gold Alien for a little over a week now. The only chips are from a 5 foot drop to concrete. I seriously thought it was done as I watched it fall. It landed on the tank and tip. I cleaned the tip, put it back on, and continued vaping. No issues, except the scratches from the fall. I couldn't believe it survived!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have any pics to share of the chips?

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine has been fine, but I've only had it a couple of weeks. I am also very OCD about my mods and have every one I own in silicone cases, except for my super stealth Evic Basic topped with a Goblin Mini V3. Can't find one anywhere for it. I rarely order from Chinese based warehouses, but had to so for my Alien. I got one from 3FVape and it shipped in 24 hours and was here in about a week. I ordered another case for another Alien I have on order as well, and it should be here this week. I think. The tracking info is in Chinese, lol.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the gunmetal and have had it for a month as a daily user , just got the silver and no issues , hopefully it is not a trend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nikodeemus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
My black one that I bought new last week is showing signs of paint wearing off and it's been taken well care of and never dropped or placed in my pocket. It burned out today for some unknown reason so it's going back to my local shop for a warranty replacement.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow. That sucks. I hope no one else is having any issues lime this.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Black /Gunmetal trim. Fell 4' onto gravel. Flaking like a bitch. The edges all around the bottom are worn off. Only 3 weeks old. Ah well. I'll probably rubberized it eventually.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Black /Gunmetal trim. Fell 4' onto gravel. Flaking like a bitch. The edges all around the bottom are worn off. Only 3 weeks old. Ah well. I'll probably rubberized it eventually.

Is it flaking off because of the scratches from the fall, or is it just flaking?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Could you post pics? I'd like to see if there are some trouble areas I should be aware of.
20161114_124916-1-1.jpg

20161114_124942-1.jpg
20161114_124950.jpg
20161114_124935(0).jpg
20161114_125018.jpg
I admit I don't exactly handle it with kid gloves, but I only dropped it once. It didn't bounce, or roll down a hill, or anything like that. When it goes in a pocket, it's usually in my t-shirt. It never shares a pocket with keys or change or such.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Could you post pics? I'd like to see if there are some trouble areas I should be aware of.
I just tried scratching it LIGHTLY with my fingernail, in an area with no damage. The paint comes right off.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
View attachment 66487

View attachment 66491
View attachment 66492
View attachment 66493
View attachment 66494
I admit I don't exactly handle it with kid gloves, but I only dropped it once. It didn't bounce, or roll down a hill, or anything like that. When it goes in a pocket, it's usually in my t-shirt. It never shares a pocket with keys or change or such.
2700 puffs on this one. haven't dropped it but do pocket it

http://imgur.com/a/GUD6M

Still looks new. no chipping at all.

Also my blue one is the same. looks brand new and it even had a rough drunk night out with me where it spend a bunch of time in my wife's purse with keys and a bunch of other crap and didn't get scratched.

The blue i got from ecig and the gold form misthub

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
2700 puffs on this one. haven't dropped it but do pocket it

http://imgur.com/a/GUD6M

Still looks new. no chipping at all.

Also my blue one is the same. looks brand new and it even had a rough drunk night out with me where it spend a bunch of time in my wife's purse with keys and a bunch of other crap and didn't get scratched.

The blue i got from ecig and the gold form misthub
I'm really thinking these things must be made in several different facilities, with varying degrees of QC.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Well, that explains it right there. Dang you had me worried.
If it came from efun.top then if you look at the seams very very closely...........

You'll find that it's a Subox in Alien's clothing!

Hell, I was worried about the Baby Beast's paint flaking off not the Alien, and the Baby Beast's paint looks perfect. Lol
You do have me a little concerned though.
Mine still looks perfect, but even before you posted this info I had only been setting mine down on a surface with something that couldn't scratch it underneath it until I got my silicone case and screen protector, and it only ventured out of the house once or twice (to show off) before he got his new digs.
But there is also a slight possibility my schizophrenia and I may be suffering from a mild case of OCD.

Last edited:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, that explains it right there. Dang you had me worried.
If it came from efun.top then if you look at the seams very very closely...........

You'll find that it's a Subox in Alien's clothing!
:finger:

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Put a Jwrap on it, sell it at your cost, and spend $47.49 on a new from anywhere else. lol

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had thought of the silicone for the price point, but I think I'd rather have a wrap. Any other sites besides Jwrap?

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had thought of the silicone for the price point, but I think I'd rather have a wrap. Any other sites besides Jwrap?

Get a black wrap, then silicone case. When you sell it, you can say "It doesn't have a scratch on it, been in this case since day 1. No, No don't ever take it out of case again. Look at these pics some random guy posted on VU that shows how easy the paint can chip off!"

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Demon Wraps
mighty Skins
Zap Wrapz
And there's a video on youtube showing how to make a DIY one at Walmart. lol

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dear God SirRichard!
While looking at the pics on here I got another email, and you let me go and buy another flippin' mod
I guess I'll go stand in the corner now............

As soon as I check to see if my 3 orders today have been updated with tracking numbers!!

Oh wait, can't go to corner just yet. Got a dual 18650 mod and a single 18650 mod coming and my favorite battery vendor gives me a big discount when I buy HG2's in threes...........
(why threes? I don't really know)

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Dear God SirRichard!
While looking at the pics on here I got another email, and you let me go and buy another flippin' mod
I guess I'll go stand in the corner now............

As soon as I check to see if my 3 orders today have been updated with tracking numbers!!

Oh wait, can't go to corner just yet. Got a dual 18650 mod and a single 18650 mod coming and my favorite battery vendor gives me a big discount when I buy HG2's in threes...........
(why threes? I don't really know)
gold hits the hardest lol

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
gold hits the hardest lol

I have now bought a Vaporshark DNA 40 and a Kanger Dripbox V2 just because they were cheap ($29.99 for DNA40 & $26.99 for Dripbox V2), another Alien because it was orange, and a Smok G Priv because they had given me a 10% off coupon for buying my first Alien and I couldn't let it go to waste. Also bought a Tobeco Super Tank Mini and a 25mm version because they were on sale for $12 and an Atlantis EVO to put on the DNA 40 to give to a friend, when only reason I went to that site was for a Serpent Mini 25mm.
Of course now I have to find a better bottom feed atty to go on the Dripbox V2 since I gave all mine away with my Reo's. I knew that would come back and bite me in the ass.

This has got to stop. Wife wouldn't really let me prep for the 8th, and now that she's in another state for a few weeks I can slip these onto the shelves in between the others and she'll never know. She doesn't vape and couldn't care less about it. When her coworkers ask what kinds of mods I use she tells them I have a lot of different ones, but they're mostly black ones.
I have to be extra careful this time though. Last time she left that sneaky non-trusting woman went in my office and took pics without me knowing and compared the new mod I said I had always had to the pics she took. :facepalm: Busted!
Needless to say, she got that $1100 baking mixer and the fancy smancy artsy fartsy stuff to redo our master bath she wanted. Now I feel like if I fart in there, security will ask me to leave! :sad::cry::cry::sad:
But I get my revenge..........I pee in the shower!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have now bought a Vaporshark DNA 40 and a Kanger Dripbox V2 just because they were cheap ($29.99 for DNA40 & $26.99 for Dripbox V2), another Alien because it was orange, and a Smok G Priv because they had given me a 10% off coupon for buying my first Alien and I couldn't let it go to waste. Also bought a Tobeco Super Tank Mini and a 25mm version because they were on sale for $12 and an Atlantis EVO to put on the DNA 40 to give to a friend, when only reason I went to that site was for a Serpent Mini 25mm.
Of course now I have to find a better bottom feed atty to go on the Dripbox V2 since I gave all mine away with my Reo's. I knew that would come back and bite me in the ass.

This has got to stop. Wife wouldn't really let me prep for the 8th, and now that she's in another state for a few weeks I can slip these onto the shelves in between the others and she'll never know. She doesn't vape and couldn't care less about it. When her coworkers ask what kinds of mods I use she tells them I have a lot of different ones, but they're mostly black ones.
I have to be extra careful this time though. Last time she left that sneaky non-trusting woman went in my office and took pics without me knowing and compared the new mod I said I had always had to the pics she took. :facepalm: Busted!
Needless to say, she got that $1100 baking mixer and the fancy smancy artsy fartsy stuff to redo our master bath she wanted. Now I feel like if I fart in there, security will ask me to leave! :sad::cry::cry::sad:
lol i know cheap deals get me to spend all the time. i wasn't going to buy anything more this month until black friday but then the 30 dollar slice was too good to pass up so i got a red one and added a hatty and cotton bacon for free shipping , then added a cloudnus. all for 53 bucks. that's too good to pass up. i've found several attys in the 10-15 dollar range that are good if you look for deals. plus i'm excited as i have a lot coming in this week including my orderd from china from last month. i should have an azeroth, supreme LE, slice, cloudnus, hatty, and a bunch of accessories (drip tips, glass tubes, cotton etc) all arriving between today and friday.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lol i know cheap deals get me to spend all the time. i wasn't going to buy anything more this month until black friday but then the 30 dollar slice was too good to pass up so i got a red one and added a hatty and cotton bacon for free shipping , then added a cloudnus. all for 53 bucks. that's too good to pass up. i've found several attys in the 10-15 dollar range that are good if you look for deals. plus i'm excited as i have a lot coming in this week including my orderd from china from last month. i should have an azeroth, supreme LE, slice, cloudnus, hatty, and a bunch of accessories (drip tips, glass tubes, cotton etc) all arriving between today and friday.

Wow, your Japanese cotton that's coming from China to the U.S. will have gone through customs so many times, I wonder if it will still wick very well seeing as it will have been x-rayed more times than Amy Winehouse's luggage. :eek:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wow, your Japanese cotton that's coming from China to the U.S. will have gone through customs so many times, I wonder if it will still wick very well seeing as it will have been x-rayed more times than Amy Winehouse's luggage. :eek:
lol the cotton i actually got from vapor beast.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lol the cotton i actually got from vapor beast.

So are you setting up a review channel or a rear view channel? Yep, I went there.
You could always call it SirRichardsRearView.
C'mon, you knew they were coming........
You would've been disappointed if they hadn't.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So are you setting up a review channel or a rear view channel? Yep, I went there.
You could always call it SirRichardsRearView.
C'mon, you knew they were coming........
You would've been disappointed if they hadn't.
Lol that's actually pretty funny

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How about The Rear View With SirRichard?
Or SirRichard-The RearView and his "show that he started because he secretly pines for the approval of The Big "B" - Phil Busardo!"

Yeah, I had nothing by the time I got to the end. Even I had lost interest by then.

Personally, I would have gone for Todd's approval. He would be more nurturing and in a pinch, the lilt of his voice would be an instant stress ball or lullaby. (I can say that, I'm a Todd after all, lol)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Starting up a review channel. all feedback/suggestions/subscribers welcome! Thanks for checking it out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC89GbHGYh2xwLTvdTk1vgMw

Woohoo! According to YouTube I'm the first subscriber! Does that mean I win the Starre tank that was reviewed?

Surely that can't be right, there were plenty of other views before me.
Just started it up lol. Appreciate the subscription

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors