Become a Patron!

Smok Alien safe amps?

Hey there, noob question - > i'm using smok alien with lg hg2 batteries, obs engine with 2x juggernaut coils wich mod reads out at 0,16 ohms.. at 70 watts it reads out 23,1-23,5 amps... my question is - am i in the safe zone??? and how high can i go with the watts? Thanks

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey there, noob question - > i'm using smok alien with lg hg2 batteries, obs engine with 2x juggernaut coils wich mod reads out at 0,16 ohms.. at 70 watts it reads out 23,1-23,5 amps... my question is - am i in the safe zone??? and how high can i go with the watts? Thanks
yes regulated mods work differently than Mechanical mods you are good to go typically you will not run into issues until you approach the 130-150 watt range on dual battery mods

yes regulated mods work differently than Mechanical mods you are good to go typically you will not run into issues until you approach the 130-150 watt range on dual battery mods
so techicaly speaking, if i go up to 200w with these ohms and the mod doesn't lock the fire key i'm in the clear?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so techicaly speaking, if i go up to 200w with these ohms and the mod doesn't lock the fire key i'm in the clear?
The man said 130-150w. At 200w you'll be stressing 20A batts. Get a couple of HB6's if you wanna go 200+.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Safety features can only do so much, though. It will fire at 220 on a 5A battery because it doesn't know what the CDR of the battery is. It's not idiot proof, lol.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
dual battery regulated mods are good with 20A up to 124W...with 30A you can go to 186W

VU Sponsors