Become a Patron!

Smok Alien Upgrade

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i seen one other person with the issue here. don't think it ever got resolved. Might need to send it back for exchange.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard, hope someone here can help you.....:wave:

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Make sure you unzip the file instead of running the update program from inside the zip file. Also make sure that the file-config.ini file is in the folder with the Upgrade software. I've also heard about people having problems when updating their Aliens when the tank is attached to the Alien but when the mod is taken off, it updates fine.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Make sure you unzip the file instead of running the update program from inside the zip file. Also make sure that the file-config.ini file is in the folder with the Upgrade software. I've also heard about people having problems when updating their Aliens when the tank is attached to the Alien but when the mod is taken off, it updates fine.
Fuck that's a good suggestion. I didn't think that someone could gave forgotten to unzip or tried opening from the zipped folder. Good call on that one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes - I remember this happening to people when they tried to flash the SMOK XCube2 - the error is caused by the missing .ini file due to trying to run the updater straight from the ZIP instead of actually extracting the contents into a folder and running it from there.

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm having this same issue with my marshal g320. ....shit, I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.....smh. I wish they did the updates through Xbox one. I would be good. Unzip? Lol. I have no clue what any of this means......

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm having this same issue with my marshal g320. ....shit, I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.....smh. I wish they did the updates through Xbox one. I would be good. Unzip? Lol. I have no clue what any of this means......
zipped files are compressed. you need to uncompress them. windows 10 has it built in. just right clock the folder and select extract all

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
zipped files are compressed. you need to uncompress them. windows 10 has it built in. just right clock the folder and select extract all
I think the computer I'm using is Windows 7....im not even sure. I did something with extracting....then tried opening the programming tool, and connect....still invalid chip ID. I'm sure I'm probably doing everything wrong.....i suck so bad. Smh. Lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think the computer I'm using is Windows 7....im not even sure. I did something with extracting....then tried opening the programming tool, and connect....still invalid chip ID. I'm sure I'm probably doing everything wrong.....i suck so bad. Smh. Lol.
I'll tell you what. If you don't mind waiting I'll record when i update mine tomorrow and make a video for you to watch ;)

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll tell you what. If you don't mind waiting I'll record when i update mine tomorrow and make a video for you to watch ;)
I'll try anything.....ive had this mod since Tuesday, and havent used it yet. I'm afraid I'll have the issue with the screen going blank and fucking up the mod. I'm going to work in an hour, and I get home 6am. I'll be around after that, all weekend (in between the football games, lol). I appreciate any and all help.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll try anything.....ive had this mod since Tuesday, and havent used it yet. I'm afraid I'll have the issue with the screen going blank and fucking up the mod. I'm going to work in an hour, and I get home 6am. I'll be around after that, all weekend (in between the football games, lol). I appreciate any and all help.
just use it with old firmware for now. i've been using mine with the firmware that came on it and it works great. I'll make a video this weekend

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just use it with old firmware for now. i've been using mine with the firmware that came on it and it works great. I'll make a video this weekend
I've heard of people having problems with it. And it's cause the new firmware isn't updated. With the way my luck has been lately.......i will be one of those few people. Smh.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've heard of people having problems with it. And it's cause the new firmware isn't updated. With the way my luck has been lately.......i will be one of those few people. Smh.
careful what you hear. a lot comes from user error. I haven't had any issues personally and DJLsb did his review and gave it a glowing recommendation. I doubt you will have any issues with it at all

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
are you sure you opened the extracted files? right click and see if you can still unzip. If you can unzip them to your desktop and make a folder call it smok. after that is done look at your desktop for the smok folder. go into it and proceed from there.

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
are you sure you opened the extracted files? right click and see if you can still unzip. If you can unzip them to your desktop and make a folder call it smok. after that is done look at your desktop for the smok folder. go into it and proceed from there.
I'll check that out when I get home.....thanks!!

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll check that out when I get home.....thanks!!
that was my issue when i first did it. I extracted the files but was still opening the updater from the zipped folder. You need to make sure you open it from the extracted folder.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
careful what you hear. a lot comes from user error. I haven't had any issues personally and DJLsb did his review and gave it a glowing recommendation. I doubt you will have any issues with it at all
Install 1.2.11 tonight on mine. So far so good. Haven't thrown a TC-SS coil in yet, that will be tomorrow's test.

Swizz017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that was my issue when i first did it. I extracted the files but was still opening the updater from the zipped folder. You need to make sure you open it from the extracted folder.
Gottcha.....i think that's what I was doing....im so computer illiterate....pictures don't even help. Smh. Lol. I'm gonna check it out as soon as I get home from work....thanks!!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
how do you change the coil type? i cant find it in the settings
fire button three times > hold fire on "MODE" > left right buttons (or fire button short) to scroll through the modes.
Hold fire button on "TEMP" mode.
It will then ask for starting wattage. Set with left/right button. Hold fire button to goto next option.
Next option is the coil type. TC-SS (Stainless Steel), TC-NI (Nickle/Ni200), TC-TI (Titanium), scroll through to the one you need.

The last option in that menu will be the TCR resistance.
  • Pure Nickel / Ni200 : 0.0052
  • Titanium Grade 1 / T1: 0.0035
  • Dicodes Resistherm NiFe30 : 0.0032
  • Stainless Steel / SS 304 : 0.00105
  • Stainless Steel / SS 316 : 0.00092
  • Stainless Steel / SS 317 : 0.00088
  • Stainless Steel / SS 410 : 0.00155
  • Stainless Steel / SS 430 : 0.00138
  • NiFe30 : 0.00320
  • Tungsten : 0.00450
  • Platinum : 0.00392
  • Nichrome : 0.00040
  • Gold : 0.00340
  • Iron : 0.00500
If you do NOT have the resistance set correctly for the wire type, the temp control will not function correctly, ie -- it will not detect the correct temp of the coil.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It worked!!!! It wooooooorrrrrkkkkked!!! You guys are the bomb diggity!!! Thanks so much. Couldn't of done it without your guys help!! Wooooohooooo!!!
Sounds good!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just bought one today and it is the v1.2.1 I keep getting the message invalid chip ID. I tried several cables. I Unziped the files into a directory and ran the .exe v1.44 from there. I have tried holding and not holding the fire button. No success. I just updated my 330w marshal I bought a week ago with the same version(1.44) with no problems.

Following Smok instruction but keep getting "Invalid Chip ID" when I tap connect

I had this problem too, tried to update from v1.2.1 to v1.2.11 (on a unit purchased April 2017, authenticated and from Feb 2017 batch), searched all over the internet, finally found something that worked. Had to download a different NuMicro program and just use the same .hex file from Smok.

Found the link to download it here: http://blog.3fvape.com/mod-apv/guidance-of-smok-x-cube-ii-firmware-upgrade/#comment-401

the actual link to download the tool is:
http://7xjcc4.com2.z0.glb.qiniucdn.com/device/ISPTool.zip

Downloaded this tool, it connected no problem, had it updated in minutes (after 3 hours of internet research)

I had this problem too, tried to update from v1.2.1 to v1.2.11 (on a unit purchased April 2017, authenticated and from Feb 2017 batch), searched all over the internet, finally found something that worked. Had to download a different NuMicro program and just use the same .hex file from Smok.

Found the link to download it here: http://blog.3fvape.com/mod-apv/guidance-of-smok-x-cube-ii-firmware-upgrade/#comment-401

Downloaded this tool, it connected no problem, had it updated in minutes (after 3 hours of internet research)

Thanks so much. That worked. I updated all three units in 5 minutes. I looked around also. But it was all about the .Exe connection file. After that it worked fine.

I followed your method with the older tool using the new hex v1.2.11 firmware from v1.2.1. Success first try. Had the invalid chip id problem with the new official packaged smok alien firmware download as well. zero problems with mod after successful upgrade.

Thanks again. Works great with the new update!

I have been trying to find the 1.2.11 firmware!! Through the SMOK site, the link just sends me to an ERROR 404 page!! Anyone know another place to download the file?

I bought a Smok 85 and I updated the fireware by accident to the ALIEN V1.2.11 software.

I thought the AL85 device would be using the same fireware as it was a baby version.

I have bricked my device. Its not longer turning on.

Do you have any suggestions.
If anyone could download their AL85 fireware and upload a link that might help.

Thank you

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I bought a Smok 85 and I updated the fireware by accident to the ALIEN V1.2.11 software.

I thought the AL85 device would be using the same fireware as it was a baby version.

I have bricked my device. Its not longer turning on.

Do you have any suggestions.
If anyone could download their AL85 fireware and upload a link that might help.

Thank you
try to load the correct firmware

VU Sponsors