Become a Patron!

Smok baby beast AL85 RBA

I'm new here, not sure if I am putting this post in the correct place or not so please bare with me.
Today I changed my coils, and I used the RBA that came in my baby beast tank kit. The shop owner, where I purchased it from, helped me and showed me how to wick the coil, so it was already done for me..
I cleaned my tank as normal, took out the old coil and installed the RBA just as I would any other by screwing it in....
Once I filled the tank with my juice and began vaping again, I noticed that it didn't pull as hard as before. I have it set at 62W and the ohms are set to 0.301...
Am I supposed to change any of that when I switch to RBA?
Also there is a lot and I mean A LOT OF SOME SERIOUS POPPING GOING ON. Does anyone know what the cause could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you ;)
Oh. At 2.25seconds that's when it started pulling like I wanted it to but it's also when it started popping like firecrackers :huh::gaah:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 9

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You may have to bump up the power or increase the preheat. Clapton's require more power to fire. I don't use that mod so I can't help with how. The popping could ether be not enough power to vaporize all the liquid or it's leaking and flooding the coil. I suspect the former since you said it takes a few seconds to heat up before you get a good hit.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree with that, poping and sizzling is a wick that's too wet. Either not enough power so you are boiling the juice, not vaporizing it.
Could also be not enough wicking to fill the coils but most likely not enough power.
Could also be not enough wick in the juice ports allowing too much juice into the deck flooding the wick.

You said it doesn't hit as hard, probably not enough power.

You don't want to "set" resistance. The mod reads the resistance and that's what the coils resistance is. The only way to change that is to change the coil.
Some mods (and I think smok is one of them) are allowing you to change the resistance a little bit but that is just compensating for poor Temp Control performance and tricking the mod to fire hotter or cooler depending on what you need. Assuming that but other than a mod that doesn't do TC well I can't see why you would need to cheat on the resistance read.

To get the hang of building and wicking, pick up a dripper from Fasttech for $8 and play around with that. Drippers are a lot easier to buid on and you don't have to throw away a tank of juice to try something different or fix a problem.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You should only post the same question in one place. Maybe a moderator can merge the two treads.
Preheat is extra power for a few seconds when you first fire the mod it gets the coils hot quicker. I don't use Smok mods ever so the only thing I can add is to read the manual it should be in there or see if someone comes along who can help.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you increase the preheat? I didn't even know it had that and what is it? They told me nothing of the sort when I got it.. thank you for your reply.

You should have recieved a manual with it and if not, you can find it online. Get to know the menu functions. There are a lot of settings that can be changed to mess up or improve the vape, get to know those settings.

Pre heat will add some percentage of power for the time you set like 1/2 second or 1 second.

That will help get a fat fancy coil up to temp faster but leave you with the propper wattage in the last half of your drag so it's not too hot of a vape.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
fq06 is right were are my manners..:(...Welcome to the Underground.:wave:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want to start building you own coils, suggested kit to learn with...
https://www.fasttech.com/product/5134500
https://www.fasttech.com/product/6605300
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10018465/7541300-aeronaut-v2-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping
Ok, the dripper is over $8 but you can find a thousand others that are below $10. But for an extra couple bucks it's worth it. Top notch performance & flavor, single coil and plenty of room to build.

I'm sure you have cottton makeup pads like koh gen do pads or whatever, those are great but you can also pick up a bag of organic cotton balls at the store if you don't use pads to remove makeup.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't see this mentioned above, but you need to click the firebar, without the tank attached, to reset the resistance reading to 0. Then choose "Y" for yes, after reattaching the atty and again pressing the firebar. This resets the resistance reading to match the new coil.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi and welcome.
I usually do a quick exhale through the atomizer to let the coils heat, then do my inhale. This heats the coil without burning the wick.
You have to adjust your settings pretty much every time you change coils. Quite often, your settings will be close enough, but normally, you have to make adjustments for a new tank / coil set up.

If you are getting popping and spitting, try firing for 1 second without inhaling. Just to burn off the extra juice.

VU Sponsors