Become a Patron!

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Working on my dual coil build using a 3 mm nail to jig. My Bec Pro reportedly supports Resistance ranges from .2-ohm to 9.9-ohms but my 6 wraps ohm at 5.5 or so and my Bec pro keeps saying power reduced and gets all the way down to 10w after I'd set it around 23-30w or so. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Anything under 20w barely heats the coils let alone produces vapors. I really wanna get them to work on my Heatvape Invader mini too which is supposed to support 0.1 to 2.0 ohms but I haven't found the proper build yet. I am void of a proper jig set but there's got to be something I can do. I've been experimenting with the space between the wraps of 32g on the 26g but have been getting not much different results. Anybody know the trick to working with what I've got. I'm wrapping the 26g w 32 because I notice a cleaner vape when I mimic those fancy Clapton builds to the best of my abilities working w w I got. Its just two wires but they either keep shorting or start working and then stop for the power reduced error to display etc...it's recently been displaying the low ohms error message.

Also, the rba deck is tfv8 style. I know a lot of ppl say tfv8 doesn't work on 50w devices but those ppl I seem to have proven wrong. I have two tfv8, one black one silver. the q4 Atomizer works great with my invader, however for some reason as of yet it only works in the silver tank. The black tank only worked on the Bec pro for a while then it worked on the Invader with the rba for a few sweet puffs w the 26g twisted w 32g but then the Invader went back to not reading the Atomizer again. The rba use to work fine with the Invader in the silver tank in stead of on the Bec pro until i installed ss mesh and the resistance went up so i could started using it on the Bec pro but eventually even the ss mesh couldn't stop the cotton wick between it from burning which is why I took it out and am here looking for how to replace and improve that build. I just started using a 2mm screwdriver to jig and I thought it would fix things but 10 wraps and it still gives me the low ohms message.

UPDATE I found an actual 2mm nail to jig. The screwdriver must have been 2.5..but anyway the 2mm coils heated up reasonably at first until I added the cotton and put the tank back on. It shorted and stated saying low ohms again on my Bec pro. The Invader read them at .24 and started to vape but then read Atomizer open. I'm sure the coils aren't touching any unnecessary metal also

UPDATE New problem! The black tank was working fine on the Bec pro until I woke up this morning. Now it won't fire. It's reading the Atty at 1.7 but it won't heat it...and it was working perfectly fine all of yesterday.

Last edited:

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just fixed it. It was a rubber ring missing to the Atty that Id forgot to replace. Huge relief.

Last edited:

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New problem. The black tank was working fine on the Bec pro until I woke up this morning. Now it won't fire. It's reading the Atty at 1.7 but it won't heat it...and it was working perfectly fine all of yesterday.

VU Sponsors