Become a Patron!

Smok coil flavor troubs

Jason267

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys and gals, complete new vapor here...First I should say that I primarily vape for CBD oil health benefits and needs...anyhow...
After being not very successful with a cheap Kangertech pen style vape (horrible burnt taste, leaking, not wicking the CBD ejuice well, etc) I ended up buying a new Smok Alien 220w kit...

So, everything is together, took out the pre installed 0.4 coil and primed it up, install successful no leaks and let sit while the batteries were charging to 100% for 2 or 3 hours...
The main problem, is the lack of flavor after the first 3 or so initial hits...
Cloud production is very good.
I have it set in VW mode, in "normal" strength, and started at really low watts around 15, then increased 2 at a time until I was getting a nice comfortable vape (though low) @ 30...Ive gone up to the recommended levels on the coil itself from 55-65...but no matter what I do, no flavor. Not a bad burning taste either, just very bland.
I've read lots of posts similar to mine and tried the airflow restriction and higher watts, etc, etc...still not much.

The one thing I'm having trouble with is CBD vape juice, I think is the hard part to dial in. I was having trouble with the Kangertech subvod as well, and the owner of the vape shop told me a ceramic coil would do better (he was thinking the CBD juice was really thick). Thing is, the 2 brands of CBD juice I have are either 70/30 and 60/40...so the thickness (or thinness) shouldn't be a problem, correct?
I've read that smaller coils like the 0.4 I have now tend to do better with thicker juice (80vg). But Im thinking that what is going on now is a wicking problem, and the cbd ejuice isn't rewetting the coil as much as it needs...but I've been using thinner 60/40! Shouldn't that be enough for decent flavor and rewetting the cotton well enough?

Sorry for the long post, ive been reading way to much info on the Smok Alien and the Baby Beast and everything in between, lol . The thing is working fine, except for no flavor!!! Any help or tips would be amazing!

settings on menu right now...AFTER A 5 second PULL!
-40w
-Normal strength
-4.189 volts
-0.410 ohms
-10.20 amps

VU Sponsors