Become a Patron!

SMOK G-Priv 2 Luxe Edition onboard charging

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey guys, been quite a while since I've posted, but I have a question about my brand new mod and I can think of no better place to ask!

Currently I'm stuck in a nursing facility, getting antibiotics for an infection that kind of snuck up on me. In other words, I don't want to bring my Nitecore charger and all that to where I'm at.

Seeing as the G-Priv has a charging port and came with a cord, I want to take the easy route and just charge my batteries with the provided cord. However, I have a couple different wall boxes (for charging) and they have different amp ratings. I also have a nice portable charger that offers two USB ports, one is 1.0 amp and one is 2.1 amp (meant for "quick charging" a phone like Samsung offers on their newer models).

Anyways, there is no information on the box, website, or in the manual on the recommended charging amperage. I don't want to use too much or too little and ruin / damage my batteries. Using a brand new pair of LG HG2s, also, in case the battery is where the charging amperage comes from.

Anyways, for now I have it plugged in to the 1.0A slot on my portable charger (which is fully charged, btw). Concerned it may not be the best thing for the batteries, but it does work well with my phone (I've had no problems, it provides consistent power as far as I've seen).

Any help or input would be much appreciated :) thank you in advance!

PS: this mod is cool as f%&k, I highly recommend it :)

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I use the 1 amp wall adaptor and the USB cable if I am not at home to use my external chargers.
I tried it on the 2 amp side once but it got too warm so I don't do that anymore.
I also use the 1 amp on my portable battery backup at times.
Been doing it this way for almost 2 years and never had a problem

ej.exe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Much appreciated :) Makes me feel a bit less worried about everything. Of course the last thing i want is to jack my brand new setup up! (What a nightmare lol)

i just got back to 100% on my batteries using the portable at 1A. Only thing that concerns me now is that the mod didnt indicate it was at 100% (i mean both batteries show 100% but the mod doesn't act any different) or that it was done charging, even though I let it continue charging for a few.. I know SMOK has safety features (especially on their more expensive mods, I would think), so what gives?

Anyone have any thoughts? Also, this is the first time these batteries have been charged, if it matters.

Thanks again!
-EJ

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Personally, I don't trust that the battery indicators on mods are all that accurate.
I don't know what you mean by "the mod doesn't act any different"
If it vapes, you're fine. If the batteries get to low, your mod should stop working until you charge them again.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors