Smok GX350 firmware

Discussion in 'Ask An Expert' started by CaptainGohan, Mar 16, 2017.

1. CaptainGohan

CaptainGohan New Member

Blog Posts:
    Any idea on where I can get the firmware for the smok GX350? I need to re-flash it.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

2. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  3. CaptainGohan

CaptainGohan New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I had already checked that out. I was hoping someone may have known something. Smok hasn't responded to my emails.

4. Vapin4Joy

Blog Posts:
    Phone Madvapes, they are the US service center.
    Here>>>(704) 696-8900

SirRichardRear likes this.
  5. CaptainGohan

CaptainGohan New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just got off the phone with Madvapes, nothing they can do. I was told to wait till I hear back from Smok. It's been a week now and I can't get smok to respond to me. Don't think I'm going to buy smok again.

6. CaptainGohan

CaptainGohan New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just realized that I want clear in my first post. I had applied the wrong firmware update to the gx350 so it's not turning on now.

7. Vapin4Joy

Blog Posts:
    Come on brother, It's not the fault of Smok! You have options, wait till Smok releases a update, return it and try warranty or worst case, it's been bricked.
    Wish I could tell you more, the Chinese reply slowly, give it time.

PhantomOp likes this.
  8. CaptainGohan

CaptainGohan New Member

Blog Posts:
    I totally take blame for it. I would just like a response to the emails or the online chat.

9. Nootler

Nootler New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've had the exact same problem Captain, I've been trying to get in contact with, them for over 3 weeks via their support/manager emails.
    I got in contact with a local reseller on the issue, they ignored them as well.

In the end I was forced to submit a claim to PayPal regarding the issue, hopefully it will make them listen.

10. CaptainGohan

CaptainGohan New Member

Blog Posts:
    That sucks, sorry to hear that.

11. PhantomOp

PhantomOp VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    :giggle: Don't plan on it ... a single $60 MOD won't hurt their bottom line even a twitch.

Social Media rants would possibly hurt them more then $$$$

12. Nootler

Nootler New Member

Blog Posts:
    If they fail to respond to the claim paypal usually refunds the consumer and then tries to get the money back from the seller. They've been very successful with other purchases I've generally always got my money back.

13. PhantomOp

PhantomOp VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Oh I'm not talking about getting the $$$ back from paypal, that is the easy part. :)

I was referring to getting SMOK to listen to the demand for better support to their customers.

14. dopeshat

dopeshat New Member

Blog Posts:
    I did nothing to mine, just went to use it one day and it was on max wattage. I lowered it back down and as soon as I sat it down the wattage raised itself back to 350. I thought something might have gotten into the top button so I blew it out and that did nothing. After a few times I took the batteries out and put them back in and turned it on and not it is just showing the boot logo going bright to dim. I emailed Smok and they told me to contact the seller, who asked me to video this which I did, but nothing from them back yet. Anyone else experience this?

GrooveMetalDude likes this.
  15. Lerium

Lerium New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've been looking for the GX350 firmware as well. Guess its not out yet. My Ohms randomly go from 0.17 to 0.28. It only happens maybe a couple of times a day at the most. But its very infuriating. Pissed me off too because I just bought the damn thing about a month ago because my 2/3 crapped out. My gf was having the same issue with her Alien 220 mod. We just installed the latest firmware on hers. Hopefully that fixed it. I went to my local vape store and asked them if they were aware of the issue. They never heard of it before. :/ I can deal with it until a firmware is released, unless it gets worst.

16. GrooveMetalDude

GrooveMetalDude New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have had EXACTLY the same thing. I bought my first one and loved it, the battery life is great. I then bought a second one. Within a few days of each other they both started going wrong. I will try and contact Smok, but by the sounds of things I may be waiting some time.

17. vickthor1974

vickthor1974 New Member

Blog Posts:
    We all have the same problem, My GX350 now is totally dead and i cant open it after i mistakenly use a GX2/4 upgrade, i though it was a GX350, and I did not see it, then i was so angry with myself why i upgrade this unit....I contact them and send some emails but until now no reply was been made...I thought that it will just ignore the upgrade if it is not the same but turns out he just kill my unit......
    Ahhhhhh I'am Going to be crazy 'cuz its my only mod right now and I cant vape....somebody please help me maybe you do have this software please send it to my email add at [email protected]..Please Begging you......

18. viperbabe35

viperbabe35 New Member

Blog Posts:
    following

19. vickthor1974

vickthor1974 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thank you Viperbabe35, Hoping that you could help me a lot if you could lend me this software or firmware....Please send me some updated on this GX350....whoooh, its really a big headache for me....Thank you very much...

20. vickthor1974

vickthor1974 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello Captain, Hoping if you do have the software or the firmware of this unit the GX350, Can you please also lend me? Just send it to my email add.... Thank you very much....Hoping that you will have this sooner or later....