Become a Patron!

Smok GX350 or GX2/4?

I'm having trouble deciding between the GX350 and the GX2/4.

I want a 4 battery mod for the battery life and these 2 seem like the best options to me.

I would just go for the GX350 but I have concerns about the paint-quality, I've seen many reports of the paint flaking and chipping, not just on the 350 - but also the Alien etc. Which is really the only reason I would opt for the 2/4 instead.

As far as the 2/4 is concerned I only plan to use it in 4 battery mode. The main reason I'm considering this over the GX350 is in the hopes that this being the newer device, the paint quality will be better - I've seen it mentioned that Smok has said they've improved the paint they're using now.

I intend to get the Gold version of either mod.

Any input, advice etc would be appreciated - especially If anyone with a GX350 and/or GX2/4 could chime in about their experiences in terms of the paint.

Thanks.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the purple, and the paint GX350 is holding up. I do not have the 2/4, and will not buy the 2/4... the externalized battery contacts look like an easy point of failure. The Reuleaux RX 2/3 (which I do own, and have had no problems with yet) suffered from many complaints about this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm having trouble deciding between the GX350 and the GX2/4.

I want a 4 battery mod for the battery life and these 2 seem like the best options to me.

I would just go for the GX350 but I have concerns about the paint-quality, I've seen many reports of the paint flaking and chipping, not just on the 350 - but also the Alien etc. Which is really the only reason I would opt for the 2/4 instead.

As far as the 2/4 is concerned I only plan to use it in 4 battery mode. The main reason I'm considering this over the GX350 is in the hopes that this being the newer device, the paint quality will be better - I've seen it mentioned that Smok has said they've improved the paint they're using now.

I intend to get the Gold version of either mod.

Any input, advice etc would be appreciated - especially If anyone with a GX350 and/or GX2/4 could chime in about their experiences in terms of the paint.

Thanks.
I just recently purchased the GX2/4 and I absolutely love it. I only run it in 4 battery mode and I've had no problems with it -- it works flawlessly. The paint job is stellar, as well. I don't know much about the GX350 but I prefer the side display on the 2/4 to the top display on the 350.

IMG_0816.JPG

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just recently purchased the GX2/4 and I absolutely love it. I only run it in 4 battery mode and I've had no problems with it -- it works flawlessly. The paint job is stellar, as well. I don't know much about the GX350 but I prefer the side display on the 2/4 to the top display on the 350.

View attachment 87708
Dam green is nice

For OP i got both mods, personally if you plan on only using the quad battery option i'd go with the GC350. my paint is still perfect and the GX2/4 looks odd from the top in 4 battery mode. IDK it bothers me but it does. I like the 2/4 in 2 battery mod much better

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm personally currently looking at getting the gx350 down the road but I faced this same decision. I think to 2/4 looks nice, new and shiny and very well may have a better paint job..it also just doesn't look right to me..I love the alien style screen and all but it's in a weird place. That's just me. The more I look at the GX350 the more I'm convinced that it will be my next mod. Good luck pulling the trigger on something :)

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, thanks everyone - still a difficult decision lol :p

That green one really does look fantastic.
The blue version looks great, as well. So far I'm on the same charge from when I first got it -- I'm almost halfway through my charge and am at 500 puffs, so at this rate my charge will go 1000 or so puffs! Unbelievable. :)

The blue version looks great, as well. So far I'm on the same charge from when I first got it -- I'm almost halfway through my charge and am at 500 puffs, so at this rate my charge will go 1000 or so puffs! Unbelievable. :)

Yea the blue looks real nice as well.

What are your opinions of the mod in 4 battery mode? Does the external battery compartment latch seem strong / like it will last? and how's the fire-bar? I'm the kinda person who uses my thumb to fire a mod, does it work well that way?

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea the blue looks real nice as well.

What are your opinions of the mod in 4 battery mode? Does the external battery compartment latch seem strong / like it will last? and how's the fire-bar? I'm the kinda person who uses my thumb to fire a mod, does it work well that way?

I have only been using it in 4-battery mode and love it that way. The performance is there, without question. :)

The external battery latch is definitely strong and no rattle or anything if you shake the mod. I bet it will last a very long time.

The fire-bar works great. I don't use my thumb personally but it will work with your thumb if that is your preference.

View attachment 87708
Ok so i went to my local shop to pick up a GX2/4 and the girl behind the counter told me i couldn't use a micro usb because it would cause a short then tried to push a bay charger on me, i already had a bay charger so I've been using that just to be safe but is this true or was she just trying to squeeze some extra money out of me

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so i went to my local shop to pick up a GX2/4 and the girl behind the counter told me i couldn't use a micro usb because it would cause a short then tried to push a bay charger on me, i already had a bay charger so I've been using that just to be safe but is this true or was she just trying to squeeze some extra money out of me
I only charge with an external charger. I don’t believe it charges with a micro usb. However the micro usb will work fine for upgrades.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Not trying to sway you or be an turd here... But I wanted to share an issue I ran into with a lot of the 4 bat mods-they just seem very bulky to me but I really want the extra battery life. I like the compact of many dual 1865 but still wanted more battery life like a four cell. It seems you like SMOK (going off the mods you are talking about and suggesting).

One mod they had I was considering and still think I may get was the G320 (unsure if you have see this one) I know its not a four battery mod-its three but it still has that slim shape of many duals boxes. Either way just wanted to share. Regardless of what you get hope you enjoy the new setup.

Happy Vaping...

VU Sponsors