Become a Patron!

Smok GX350 quad battery mod

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Can't believe nobody made a thread on this yet.
2016-12-30-09_27_457973.jpg

2015-11-27-09_24_119900.png

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the review. Seems the biggest con for most would be if they use TC. None of the others mentioned are likely to get noticed by the average user.

I don't know that I will get one. I was considering but I think I will wait for the snow wolf review. I like the looks of that one also.

Or, maybe I am just trying to talk myself out of it, who knows. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the review. Seems the biggest con for most would be if they use TC. None of the others mentioned are likely to get noticed by the average user.

I don't know that I will get one. I was considering but I think I will wait for the snow wolf review. I like the looks of that one also.

Or, maybe I am just trying to talk myself out of it, who knows. Lol

lol overall I don't think there is a "killer" quad battery mod yet. I'm hoping the snow wolf or exo360 fixes it but so far this is the bets option. If you vape mostly TC there isn't' a good quad battery option yet really.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only reason I would like a 4 battery mod is if I go kayaking or hiking it would be nice to only carry the mod and juice and not a bunch of batteries

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The only reason I would like a 4 battery mod is if I go kayaking or hiking it would be nice to only carry the mod and juice and not a bunch of batteries

yup. that's what they are good for. battery life. IDK too many people vaping 300 watts.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol overall I don't think there is a "killer" quad battery mod yet. I'm hoping the snow wolf or exo360 fixes it but so far this is the bets option. If you vape mostly TC there isn't' a good quad battery option yet really.
Yeah, that's why I have held off getting a quad battery mod, all of them have too many cons that outweigh the pro's for me so far.

If they would have put the RX300 finish and battery door on the GX350 body then I would have gotten one. Still would have been nice to get a better TC chip in it though.

Thanks again for the great review

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah, that's why I have held off getting a quad battery mod, all of them have too many cons that outweigh the pro's for me so far.

If they would have put the RX300 finish and battery door on the GX350 body then I would have gotten one. Still would have been nice to get a better TC chip in it though.

Thanks again for the great review

well 2 more coming so hopefully one of them stacks up better

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't use TC at this point. Tried it a few times but only on the "crappy" smok implementation of TC. I need to try it out on the ijoy lux

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't use TC at this point. Tried it a few times but only on the "crappy" smok implementation of TC. I need to try it out on the ijoy lux

lux didn't' fare much better for me either lol but i haven't used it much. i'll try it more if i get around to reviewing it

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The iJoy LUX isn't any better....lol

The Smoant Battestar, Lasimo Snow Wolf and Wismec Predator so far are better TC mods than the ijoy or Smok mods. Still not to the level of DNA, Yihi or FSK mods but pretty damn good.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not a big deal for my current use anyway. Funny story though, I was at a local vape shop and he had a gx350 for sale. I asked the price and he said $140. I couldn't stop myself from laughing at him. I told him he is charging double vs online. He seemed to get angry with me at that point.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The iJoy LUX isn't any better....lol

The Smoant Battestar, Lasimo Snow Wolf and Wismec Predator so far are better TC mods than the ijoy or Smok mods. Still not to the level of DNA, Yihi or FSK mods but pretty damn good.

predator for me so far is not doing a good job but i still have other builds to test it out on

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really haven't found a need for TC. I guess I am not pushing things enough yet.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
predator for me so far is not doing a good job but i still have other builds to test it out on
I do find it weaker at the same temp, probably run it 20 to 30f higher than normal. Much better than previous Wismec mods though and a lot better than my Smok mods.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I do find it weaker at the same temp, probably run it 20 to 30f higher than normal. Much better than previous Wismec mods though and a lot better than my Smok mods.

smok has pretty much hit bottom tier TC at this point. for the predator i go the other way. it seems like an improvement but even 430 is almost burning hot and then 5 mins later its almost no vapor. at least smok is consistently bad LMAO. the ramp up on the predator is really bad too. like a half second delay before you feel it firing. honestly so far the kaos was better but yeah the wismecs are doing better then the smoks for sure. testing the ijoy solo v2 pro now as well

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I really haven't found a need for TC. I guess I am not pushing things enough yet.

I like TC alot but many people prefer power mode. it really depends on you. no wrong way to vape as long as it keeps you of real tobacco

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
smok has pretty much hit bottom tier TC at this point. for the predator i go the other way. it seems like an improvement but even 430 is almost burning hot and then 5 mins later its almost no vapor. at least smok is consistently bad LMAO. the ramp up on the predator is really bad too. like a half second delay before you feel it firing. honestly so far the kaos was better but yeah the wismecs are doing better then the smoks for sure. testing the ijoy solo v2 pro now as well

That's weird, I have not experienced the same problems.....I hope you didn't get a faulty one

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's weird, I have not experienced the same problems.....I hope you didn't get a faulty one

everything else is working just fine on it. I'll see how it behaves with some different builds and when hooked up to the o-scope

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bit immediately on the preorder for the rainbow finish. Then they cancelled the rainbow, so I cancelled my order. Really glad I did because that money got me a Slice, which led to a G2, and now a second G2. I'm spoiled on the FSK chip, lol. I have a couple of Aliens for Watt mode, and since I'm not interested in vaping anywhere near 220w, I think I'm good. If I want to get wild in the future, I'll get a custom box for a G2 board. A series-parallel shaped like the GX350 would be perfect.

VU Sponsors