Become a Patron!

Smok GX350

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all. New to the forum and vaping on and off for about a year, though I've been sticking with it more regularly in the past several months. Started with (and still have for a back-up) a Kanger stick mod, then to a nice little Wismec mod and Crown tank that served me well. My poor Wismec burned its last wick recently and shorted out somewhere within, causing the whole mod to super-heat with every hit. So, in a rare fit of splurge, I gifted myself with the Smok GX350 with the Cloud Beast (I also have a Baby Beast as a back-up and swap-out tank)..

This mod is an absolute beast, and I don't have a ton of experience with the more advanced mods, so I was looking for any bits of advice in the way of recommended watts to run, coil preferences, etc. I'm diggin going 2 days without having to change batteries, but I'm not getting the flavor I expected out of it. So, just looking for some thoughts from vape vets on settings and such to try for "best" flavor etc.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi all. New to the forum and vaping on and off for about a year, though I've been sticking with it more regularly in the past several months. Started with (and still have for a back-up) a Kanger stick mod, then to a nice little Wismec mod and Crown tank that served me well. My poor Wismec burned its last wick recently and shorted out somewhere within, causing the whole mod to super-heat with every hit. So, in a rare fit of splurge, I gifted myself with the Smok GX350 with the Cloud Beast (I also have a Baby Beast as a back-up and swap-out tank)..

This mod is an absolute beast, and I don't have a ton of experience with the more advanced mods, so I was looking for any bits of advice in the way of recommended watts to run, coil preferences, etc. I'm diggin going 2 days without having to change batteries, but I'm not getting the flavor I expected out of it. So, just looking for some thoughts from vape vets on settings and such to try for "best" flavor etc.
If your using the tfv8 I like the t12 coils at about 130-160 watts. At that wattage use some samsung 30q batts and you should get a day out of it. If you want 2 days try one of the smaller coils like the q4 or x4 I think they are called or use the baby beast

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:
I bought a GX a couple weeks ago and it's a nice mod for sure. I'm really enjoying mine. With that said, there are some things to watch out for are, A. The paint is very easy to chip! B. As I'm sure you've already noticed, the battery door is a pain to close and open! C. Depending on what cells you use, you may need to remove the plastic cell protecting sleeves as some cells will not fit. However, the sleeves come out in pairs and are easy to reinstall if needed.
As for the wattage, if you look at your coils, they will tell you what the recommended and best vaped at wattages are. I'm using the TFV8 as well with the T8 coil and I'm vaping at 150 watts and I'm still getting cell life for days. But that is just my preference for both vapor and mainly flavor. Also, closing down the air flow some will make a big difference in flavor as well.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Attachments

• tmp_15761-20170214_1247491198672345.jpg
    tmp_15761-20170214_1247491198672345.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 11
  • tmp_15761-20170211_172425-2003398384.jpg
    tmp_15761-20170211_172425-2003398384.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 11

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If your using the tfv8 I like the t12 coils at about 130-160 watts. At that wattage use some samsung 30q batts and you should get a day out of it. If you want 2 days try one of the smaller coils like the q4 or x4 I think they are called or use the baby beast

Shit, now there's a t12 coil for the tfv8? I just caught up with everyone else getting the t10!

Is it worth picking these up?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Shit, now there's a t12 coil for the tfv8? I just caught up with everyone else getting the t10!

Is it worth picking these up?
I meant t10 lol sorry hard to keep track e of all these coils

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I started out with the V8-T8 Octuple coil but the thing was a juice hog and didn't last a week, and I'm not even talking about crazy volts. I didn't go over 120 and typically kept it between 100 and 110. I put in the other one that came with it, V8-Q4 and it has been behaving well and has a much better flavor, and I even dropped down to 70w.

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a GX a couple weeks ago and it's a nice mod for sure. I'm really enjoying mine. With that said, there are some things to watch out for are, A. The paint is very easy to chip! B. As I'm sure you've already noticed, the battery door is a pain to close and open! C. Depending on what cells you use, you may need to remove the plastic cell protecting sleeves as some cells will not fit. However, the sleeves come out in pairs and are easy to reinstall if needed.
As for the wattage, if you look at your coils, they will tell you what the recommended and best vaped at wattages are. I'm using the TFV8 as well with the T8 coil and I'm vaping at 150 watts and I'm still getting cell life for days. But that is just my preference for both vapor and mainly flavor. Also, closing down the air flow some will make a big difference in flavor as well.

Hope this helps,
Shawn
Using standard batteries and I haven't had any issues yet. I like the dividers in the battery compartment. Everything fits nice and snug. I already had two married pairs, and when I bought this one I bought 4 new batteries in addition and they've never been separated. It's essential with this one, really, since they removed the pass-through charging and the option of running on only 2 batteries shortly after the GX350 was released. You're right on the door, though. It can be a little problematic to get latched. I pocket-carry mine and haven't had any finish issues in the last 2 weeks, but I also mentally slap my hand every time I try to put it in a pocket with anything other than lint in it :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I started out with the V8-T8 Octuple coil but the thing was a juice hog and didn't last a week, and I'm not even talking about crazy volts. I didn't go over 120 and typically kept it between 100 and 110. I put in the other one that came with it, V8-Q4 and it has been behaving well and has a much better flavor, and I even dropped down to 70w.
you can play around with the air, wattage, and coils to customize how you want your vape for sure

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you can play around with the air, wattage, and coils to customize how you want your vape for sure
The Cloud Beast only has 1 air flow control, though. I'm way more into taste than I am in cloud size, so I'm curious as to how many different commercial coils are out there for it and how individuals liked them in concerns to flavor. I typically like the darker, sweet flavors like butterscotch, custards, and the like, though I did stumble onto a mix of Root Beer Float and Vanilla Custard from Liquid Coils that at a 50/50 mix is really getting tasty.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Cloud Beast only has 1 air flow control, though. I'm way more into taste than I am in cloud size, so I'm curious as to how many different commercial coils are out there for it and how individuals liked them in concerns to flavor. I typically like the darker, sweet flavors like butterscotch, custards, and the like, though I did stumble onto a mix of Root Beer Float and Vanilla Custard from Liquid Coils that at a 50/50 mix is really getting tasty.
yeah 1 airflow but you can close it as much as you want.
I'm pretty sure that the sense blazer coils work for the TFV8
i think @mjag or @Paratech can confirm this

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah 1 airflow but you can close it as much as you want.
I'm pretty sure that the sense blazer coils work for the TFV8
i think @mjag or @Paratech can confirm this
I can confirm the TFV8 and Sense Blazer coils are swappable.
I have the RBA section for the Blazer in my TFV8 now.
I like the Blazer better but it was full and I wanted to test the RBA section.
(that is why I just ordered another Blazer)

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And on air flow; I've been told at a couple of vape shops that anything less than completely open air flow shortens the life of coils. Any truth to this in your or the rest of the assembled and experienced peoples here?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I can confirm the TFV8 and Sense Blazer coils are swappable.
I have the RBA section for the Blazer in my TFV8 now.
I like the Blazer better but it was full and I wanted to test the RBA section.
(that is why I just ordered another Blazer)
mine was supposed to ship on 1-20, 3 days after i ordered it. Still hasn't shipped LMAO

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
And on air flow; I've been told at a couple of vape shops that anything less than completely open air flow shortens the life of coils. Any truth to this in your or the rest of the assembled and experienced peoples here?
Depends, because if you are vaping at less watts you'll actually get better life, however if you are vaping the T10 coil at 150 watts and try and close the air then yes it'll burn out faster.
So using the X4 coil at 70 watts you could do half air easily and you'll get better life, but if your vaping the coils at higher watts you need the air open or it'll burn out quicker

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depends, because if you are vaping at less watts you'll actually get better life, however if you are vaping the T10 coil at 150 watts and try and close the air then yes it'll burn out faster.
So using the X4 coil at 70 watts you could do half air easily and you'll get better life, but if your vaping the coils at higher watts you need the air open or it'll burn out quicker
Thanks. I've noticed, at least to me, a little better flavor and a more cigarette-like draw when I adjust the air flow down just a bit. Makes me feel a bit better about doing it if I'm not hastening my coil's demise in the process.

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hope this helps,
Shawn
Have you messed with the "Soft/Normal/Hard" ;)giggity;) settings on the GX yet?

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol yeah it's just preheat. normal means no preheat, hard means it uses more watts to start off for faster ramp up, and soft uses less watts to start off for slower ramp up
70w, soft setting, and the Q4 and I think I found a sweet spot for this particular coil/juice combo for flavor. My butterscotch and the root beer/vanilla custard hybrid juice seem to balance out. Any thoughts on the heavier flavors (like coffee, toffee and such) being better with higher wattage settings?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
70w, soft setting, and the Q4 and I think I found a sweet spot for this particular coil/juice combo for flavor. My butterscotch and the root beer/vanilla custard hybrid juice seem to balance out. Any thoughts on the heavier flavors (like coffee, toffee and such) being better with higher wattage settings?
depends on your personal preference and the juice. just adjust away until it taste how you want it to ;)

New to the community and picked one up yesterday. Normally vaping on the Alien 220 and then Vaporesso nano.

Using the preinstalled T8 coil and I can't get a decent flavour hit out of this thing. Tried between 70w through to 150. Settled around 120.

Might have to hit the Q4.

Tank getting quite warm after a few hits too. Suppose this is the norm?

Was really looking forward to this kit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU!

I only used the T10. It was purty good around 120-130. Then I tried the rba, and never went back to the prebuilts lol.

Last edited:

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New to the community and picked one up yesterday. Normally vaping on the Alien 220 and then Vaporesso nano.

Using the preinstalled T8 coil and I can't get a decent flavour hit out of this thing. Tried between 70w through to 150. Settled around 120.

Might have to hit the Q4.

Tank getting quite warm after a few hits too. Suppose this is the norm?

Was really looking forward to this kit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't like that coil. I get best flavor out of it between 80-100 w and the V8-T10 coil. I have regular Beast tank, it can get a little warm but nothing bad unless I'm chaining.

VU Sponsors