Become a Patron!

Smok H-Priv 220W TC Review

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great review, but I'm not convinced he actually put a tank on the mod and vaped. He didn't mention anything about the vape quality or use of it.
Thanks for sharing anyways.

I just got mine last night. It DOES NOT charge through the micro USB as others seem to question. I'm not too concerned about that. Just glad I won't need to plug it in all day long like my Xcube mini. I like the size of the mod and it looks well constructed. Great Vape in Watt mode. The memory mode is just a preset for 16 favorite watts settings. Not a real improvement for me there, but I guess some people would like it.
On a side note this mod doesn't seem to work very well in TC with my Crown on .5ohm SS coils. I set it up to 600F and it goes straight into OVER TEMP within 2 seconds. :( Not happy about that. I have 3 crown tanks and all do the same thing. I tried MAX setting and same issue. The Xcube mini I run at 450F and it almost never goes into over temp shut down. Tried DC and SC and change to 0.00100 from 0.00105
If I can't get this to work I may need to keep using my rock solid super constistant hitting Xcube mini. Love that mod but hate battery life.
Any ideas for the TC? I need more than a 1.4 second vape. It's really a problem.

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Turned temp all the way to 600

Attachments

• 14639598494191920725296.jpg
    14639598494191920725296.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 1463959942127941263498.jpg
    1463959942127941263498.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 7

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you think it's defective? I really love my xcube mini. I would not slam smok because that mod is fantastic. The fact that you think I'm lying makes me think something is wrong. It does blow a HUGE CLOUD in watt mode. It gets really hot.

Attachments

• 1463960193541-1570906911.jpg
    1463960193541-1570906911.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 4

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is a pic of the mod. I checked authenticity and it's good. Version 1.04 but I can't find an update or a link to flash that firmware again.

Attachments

• 1463960607434-342441048.jpg
    1463960607434-342441048.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 6

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nah I just do not trust smok as far as I can throw them.
Maybe this one just fell thru the cracks, or was my xcube mini was the perfect fluke? IDK I'm not happy, but can't imagine this is the normal thing.
Thanks. I couldn't find a way to post a quick video without putting it on youtube.
I think I'll send this one back to the ebay store I received it from. I don't blame them because they shipped an unopened authentic product.

I don't understand why you are trying to vape at 600F, I typically run between 380F-510F, depending upon resistance of build, juice VG content, etc...

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah. It only puffed a very tiny tiny cloud at 450. Slightly better at 600f but still very weak. I think it was a defective unit. Returned it and got a wismec dna200. Couldn't be happier. Still love my mini xcube and yes that's perfect around 450f with a .5 ohm dual ss coil in my crown with Max VG juice. I just wanted a battery to last all day. No problems now for sure with 3!

Great review, but I'm not convinced he actually put a tank on the mod and vaped. He didn't mention anything about the vape quality or use of it.
Thanks for sharing anyways.

I just got mine last night. It DOES NOT charge through the micro USB as others seem to question. I'm not too concerned about that. Just glad I won't need to plug it in all day long like my Xcube mini. I like the size of the mod and it looks well constructed. Great Vape in Watt mode. The memory mode is just a preset for 16 favorite watts settings. Not a real improvement for me there, but I guess some people would like it.
On a side note this mod doesn't seem to work very well in TC with my Crown on .5ohm SS coils. I set it up to 600F and it goes straight into OVER TEMP within 2 seconds. :( Not happy about that. I have 3 crown tanks and all do the same thing. I tried MAX setting and same issue. The Xcube mini I run at 450F and it almost never goes into over temp shut down. Tried DC and SC and change to 0.00100 from 0.00105
If I can't get this to work I may need to keep using my rock solid super constistant hitting Xcube mini. Love that mod but hate battery life.
Any ideas for the TC? I need more than a 1.4 second vape. It's really a problem.

Hey there! The reason your crown isn't doing so well in temp control mode is because although the coils are marketed as SS, the legs used in them are made of nickel, which throws off the temperature coefficient. I'd suggest trying an RDA with a completely stainless build (or another sub tank with verified full stainless coils) before knocking the temp control feature. Let me know if that works for you!

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know about the rda option now. If it was nickel then why would it work fine with my wismec dna200 and xcube mini? Since then I returned the hpriv for a new smok quantum 80w mod which works fine with my crown 1. Tc still isnt near as good imo. My xcube mini has since suffered a fatal blow to my floor. :( really miss that mod. New favorite is the pioneer4you ipv6x with the smok tfv8. Less bulk than the wismec but still power enough to last the whole day. Really loving the cloud beast with the v4 at about 60w.

I don't know about the rda option now. If it was nickel then why would it work fine with my wismec dna200 and xcube mini? Since then I returned the hpriv for a new smok quantum 80w mod which works fine with my crown 1. Tc still isnt near as good imo. My xcube mini has since suffered a fatal blow to my floor. :( really miss that mod. New favorite is the pioneer4you ipv6x with the smok tfv8. Less bulk than the wismec but still power enough to last the whole day. Really loving the cloud beast with the v4 at about 60w.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/temp-control-on-crown-ss-coils.153413/

This thread covers the anatomy of crown coils pretty well; one guy took one apart and took the measurements on his. It was said that the company confirmed the use of two different metals, and the unruly nature of some people's experiences with the "SS" coils in temp have basically confirmed that

Sucks to hear about your xcube mini. I had an xcube II before I got my rx200 and I loved that little box to bits! I've recently been running the same rx with a tfv8 and I can't really think of anything more I'd want in a tank.

WHALERCAT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. Really interesting. I still don't get why the mini could figure it out in tc mode while the hpriv didn't. Anyways hpriv out and chalked up as a defect in my eyes. Glad your like the tfv8 too. It truly is a cloud beast. I turned it up a few times in my wismec dna200. Omg way too much. Haha. With the 8 coil I don't know who can use it at 180watts. Wow. You'll make a cloud alright. Have you tried the rba? I've done it twice and had bad leakage.

h! i got a smok h-priv. my problem is that i cant vape since every time if press the firing button it display a strength option, from minimum, soft, normal, hard to max. im stock to this option even if i press 3x the firing button and go to the mode, puffs, settings or power, after i select some option if will still display a strength option. it also automatically select from mode, puffs, settings and porwer. i cant use my vape right now. from my 1.0.4 firmware to 1.1.1 is still the same problem. if it display the strength option the to button in the top of screen also do npt respond. their are times that i will not appear and the two button also functioning. please help me fix my h-priv. thank you

VU Sponsors