Smok M80 Plus for $39.99

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I purchased this item twice, the first one had issues and so far my second one (version 6) from Origin Vape has been great. The price is $59.99, use coupon code SMOKM8050115 to take $20 off bringing it to $39.99 plus shipping. They have black silver and gray in stock.

https://originvape.com/product/smok-xpro-m80-plus/?attribute_color=black
I love Origin Vape they have great packing and shipping speed. You've been posting some Awesome deals and I love it when the members are the one's posting the deals and not these certain crappy china based companies clogging up this section.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I call it being a frugal educated buyer. My wife calls it obsessed, lol. I am always looking for new vape gear and the best price for it. The less I spend per item the more stuff I can get....he who dies with the most toys wins! I was spending $105 dollars a week on cigarettes so buying a mod for $75 dollars still puts me ahead of the game.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Does the v6 temp control actually work? I know initial release it was not functioning properly.

No, it doesn't, at least not in the traditional sense of TC mods, being that it still does not actively read the change in resistance of nickel wire.

The way the m80 does temperature control is based on a temperate setting, and then a predetermined table of wattages. It functions the same with both kanthal and nickel wire. Its pseudo temp control at best, personally I find it really misleading to market it as temperature control in the post DNA40 / ChiNA40 era.

That said, $40 for a 80W box mod with 4000mah lipo, is a nice deal.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately I can't say, I have not tried it. I like the mod for the wattage, battery life and price point. From what I have seen and read the newer version eliminated the delay in firing in temp mode and the fixed voltage issues.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, it doesn't, at least not in the traditional sense of TC mods, being that it still does not actively read the change in resistance of nickel wire.

The way the m80 does temperature control is based on a temperate setting, and then a predetermined table of wattages. It functions the same with both kanthal and nickel wire. Its pseudo temp control at best, personally I find it really misleading to market it as temperature control in the post DNA40 / ChiNA40 era.

That said, $40 for a 80W box mod with 4000mah lipo, is a nice deal.
Thanks for the real answer. Good explanation. I agree price is great for 80w mod. But it really shouldn't be marketed as temp control. Especially, like you said post dna40

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
Damn... Sold out.... Gearbest it is then :p

They have it for $42... But it's the shipping time :(

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee