Become a Patron!

Smok m80 plus

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I did the update for it now it's frozen.
Reset doesn't work. I don't know what to do. Is there a fix for it or do I have to send back to smoktech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
How long have you had it?

Is it covered by warranty?

From what I hear that a lot of these newer mods that give you the availability of updating them, things go south when you actually try to do it.

Perhaps taking the battery out and doing the update will work as I have heard that that has helped with other mods.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chris have you tried Uncle's suggestion of taking out the battery? Hope everything works out for you.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got it from vapordna it was order on 2/20/15. Should write them and tell them I did the update or just say it's frozen and it doesn't work

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why upgrade? Though! All this upgradable mods f up!!
BIGBOYVAPER

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am
Finding that out now. I think I will send vapordna email and tell them it just froze up.
And see what they say.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i got working again.
So the zip file I d/l didn't have the hex file I need it. Now it works now.
I still don't have nickel coils to try it.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like to hear how it works with the nickel coils. Saw one review where the reviewer didn't use nickel coil and said he didn't like the way the TC worked. Makes me think he would put diesel in a gas car then complain it doesn't run right.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got it from vapordna it was order on 2/20/15.k

My first m80 would not go over 3 volts, it was from vapordna and they were quick to respond to my issue and sent a prepaid label to return the device. I say contact them asap

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's where I got mine. They got back me to in a couple days. But it was pass three 45 day return but the offer me a store credit. Kudos to them they didn't have to offer me that. But I wrote back and told it was a mistake on my part.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
It still doesn't pass the 420 dry burn cotton test.

I don't think it will pass a dry burn cotton test. I have seen a few reviews where they talk about the temp control not really working at all. There have also been many updates to try and fix it, but not yet successful. I think there is an update for download from revision V0005, to V0005-1, and there is also a newer revision for V0006-1. The update instructions from Smok are for the V0005-1, and the V0006-1 is also available on the same page. Both firmwares look like the exact same changes, but neither says anything about temp control. Not sure what is going on there ... but here is the link so you can check it out yourself ... http://www.smoktech.com/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=10022

Good Luck!

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
got an m80 today, at the risk of sleeping on the sofa for a month when the wife finds out. so far its taking some getting used to. i got it mainly for the 4400mah battery and mech mode but im looking forward to playing with the temp control. a lot of folks in our organization feel thats going to be the future of vaping. i was told it wouldnt work with kanthal but it fired my melo tank in temp mode at 350F without problem.
i'll have to get some nickle and see what it can really do.

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
mine drops down to like 2.5 volts if i try to turn it up so all i have is mech mode .. . v5 firmware still burns cotton .. ive heard v6 firmware works better

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
mine is functioning fine right out of the box. after the great cloupor t5 debacle of 2014 im going to wait on the software updates. im just not up for killing another device.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try v6 but I could not turn my back up(6-80w)Went down fine. So I went and install v5

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So im finding a glitch with my m80. It wont actually turn off.
I go through the menu to option 5, when 'power on' comes up i switch it to 'power off' and i get the 'goodbye' message but i can hit any button just once and its right back on; up and running.
Is this just my unit or is anyone else noticing this?

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine turns off. I update v5. V6 would let me turn up my watts so I did the v5 and seems fine

rowsley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So im finding a glitch with my m80. It wont actually turn off.
I go through the menu to option 5, when 'power on' comes up i switch it to 'power off' and i get the 'goodbye' message but i can hit any button just once and its right back on; up and running.
Is this just my unit or is anyone else noticing this?
Yes, but only when its plugged into the USB.
If I take it off USB then it will shut down completely.
If I plug it in while its off and hit the fire button it comes right on like it was never off.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I don't have a lot of faith in this particular device. They have been releasing too many "fixed" firmwares for my liking. I would contact Smok directly and tell them about these problems, and ask if they will do anything to provide support. They will likely NOT do anything, but it can't hurt.

rowsley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have no problems with mine. The only firmware upgrade they have came out with since v0006 was released was a message change. Check atomizer to shorted. Of course it wasn't everything they said it was cracked up to be. I still tend to use their so called temp control with kanthal at 420 degrees, Or just as a 80w device its been working good. Battery life keeps me going for a few days easily.

VU Sponsors