Become a Patron!

Smok Majesty resin

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got this in the mail today. It is as pretty as I thought and the finish feels nice to the touch.

However, it seems to lack venting holes. Is that a problem or would it be fine if one assumes that the mod is not air tight?
665ae49c024e95e2645410c4c5e91c8f.jpg
fddf704dba48d590f3506fa16e019a98.jpg
38df7bc1b2d0ec40051e7786ced14ec5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has the USB port and the battery door is not airtight.
The resin will probably burn in a severe venting situation anyway ;)

Nice looking mod.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got this in the mail today. It is as pretty as I thought and the finish feels nice to the touch.

However, it seems to lack venting holes. Is that a problem or would it be fine if one assumes that the mod is not air tight?
665ae49c024e95e2645410c4c5e91c8f.jpg
fddf704dba48d590f3506fa16e019a98.jpg
38df7bc1b2d0ec40051e7786ced14ec5.jpg

One of the few Mods produced by SMOK I would consider... if they had the silver with blue resin or a black marbled resin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
dont forget if it is held on with screws or glue then those parts could also blow out.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@bugalien don't worry about venting because there is so much air space around the battery door. Plus it is a regulated MOD and someone really has to be a Darwin Candidate to make it vent! Use good authentic cells and Vape On Safely!

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your replies all. I wasn't sure because most mods I have seen had some obvious holes. I assumed it was to release heat or something along those lines.

My Alien and this mod get warm. This one doesn't tell me the temperature like the Alien does so I worried a little that I wouldn't be able to tell if it were getting too hot due to use and ambient heat. I vape outdoors at work and it can be unnerving when my mod takes a while to cool down.

There is a young man that says he doesn't bring his mod because it just gets too hot. It sounds like an excuse to smoke stinkies on breaks (which he does), but he still has somewhat of a point. When it gets real hot out, mods do too. Lol

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The alien has vent holes near the top but I assume they're more for the board than for battery venting. The battery compartment uses a plastic shell from the door all the way to the top and there's no ventilation holes in it. Just the spring loaded contacts inside so any battery venting would escape from the slight gap around the door. They're not using the 6 little vent holes on either side. Just pointing out the alien isn't really vented either, not like other mods where they have actual vent holes where you can see the batteries.

Looks nice with the resin. Not sure what updates/improvements have been made to the chips smok uses, I was disappointed in the tc on the alien. Maybe they've improved with these newer mods (hopefully). Doesn't bother a lot of people since many don't use t.c. anyway.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The alien has vent holes near the top but I assume they're more for the board than for battery venting. The battery compartment uses a plastic shell from the door all the way to the top and there's no ventilation holes in it. Just the spring loaded contacts inside so any battery venting would escape from the slight gap around the door. They're not using the 6 little vent holes on either side. Just pointing out the alien isn't really vented either, not like other mods where they have actual vent holes where you can see the batteries.

Looks nice with the resin. Not sure what updates/improvements have been made to the chips smok uses, I was disappointed in the tc on the alien. Maybe they've improved with these newer mods (hopefully). Doesn't bother a lot of people since many don't use t.c. anyway.
I have never even tried tc but this guy did a review and does a tc test. He complained about it. Lol
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/370074//URL] Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors