Smok Majesty resin

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by bugalien, Nov 25, 2017.

1. bugalien

bugalien Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I just got this in the mail today. It is as pretty as I thought and the finish feels nice to the touch.

However, it seems to lack venting holes. Is that a problem or would it be fine if one assumes that the mod is not air tight?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hanson, whodat2112 and MarkS like this.
  2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    It has the USB port and the battery door is not airtight.
    The resin will probably burn in a severe venting situation anyway ;)

Nice looking mod.

3. MarkS

MarkS Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    One of the few Mods produced by SMOK I would consider... if they had the silver with blue resin or a black marbled resin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    dont forget if it is held on with screws or glue then those parts could also blow out.

5. MarkS

MarkS Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Check out DJLsb Vapes review. No screws into the resin. It’s just a slide on shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbob2322 and The Cromwell like this.
  6. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    @bugalien don't worry about venting because there is so much air space around the battery door. Plus it is a regulated MOD and someone really has to be a Darwin Candidate to make it vent! Use good authentic cells and Vape On Safely!

ChrisL and MarkS like this.
  7. bugalien

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for your replies all. I wasn't sure because most mods I have seen had some obvious holes. I assumed it was to release heat or something along those lines.

My Alien and this mod get warm. This one doesn't tell me the temperature like the Alien does so I worried a little that I wouldn't be able to tell if it were getting too hot due to use and ambient heat. I vape outdoors at work and it can be unnerving when my mod takes a while to cool down.

There is a young man that says he doesn't bring his mod because it just gets too hot. It sounds like an excuse to smoke stinkies on breaks (which he does), but he still has somewhat of a point. When it gets real hot out, mods do too. Lol

8. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    The alien has vent holes near the top but I assume they're more for the board than for battery venting. The battery compartment uses a plastic shell from the door all the way to the top and there's no ventilation holes in it. Just the spring loaded contacts inside so any battery venting would escape from the slight gap around the door. They're not using the 6 little vent holes on either side. Just pointing out the alien isn't really vented either, not like other mods where they have actual vent holes where you can see the batteries.

Looks nice with the resin. Not sure what updates/improvements have been made to the chips smok uses, I was disappointed in the tc on the alien. Maybe they've improved with these newer mods (hopefully). Doesn't bother a lot of people since many don't use t.c. anyway.

9. bugalien

Blog Posts:
    I have never even tried tc but this guy did a review and does a tc test. He complained about it. Lol
    http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/370074//URL] Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

10. bugalien

Blog Posts:
    Ok, I am having trouble making a link with tapacrap, and dont know how to edit my post with it either.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/370074/