Become a Patron!

SMOK MORPH 219W TC Kit with TF Tank

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the MORPH 219W TC Kit with TF Tank from Smok. The SMOK MORPH 219W TC Kit with TF Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Cortana from the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/smok-morph-2...20867.html

Introduction

The Morph 219W is quite obviously just looking at it the modern take and replacement for the very popular Alien Mod that has served Smok well. The Morph see's all change with a touchscreen and brand new user interface as well as some interesting features like a touchscreen lock key. In this kit we see it paired with the new 6ml TF Tank which at the time of release has 3 available coil heads of which you get two of the TF BF 0.25ohm mesh coil heads included in this kit. Over the last 18 months i have had no issues with Smok devices and have found their durability and paint finish much improved so let's give their latest high powered kit a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1pc Morph Mod
1pc TF Tank (6.0ml) (2ml TPD)
1pc TF BF-Mesh Coil 0.25ohm(Pre-installed)
1pc Extra TF BF-Mesh Coil 0.25ohm
1pc Bulb Glass Protective Silicone
1pc Replacement Glass Tube
1pc USB Cable
1pc User Manual
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Morph Kit comes in standard cardboard box packaging with the kit in the colour of choice pictured on the front of the box. I received the Black & Prism Blue version, the Black refers to the accented surround with Prism Blue being the main colour of the device. The available colour options are Black & 7 Colour, Black & Prism Blue, Black & Prism Chrome, Black Gold and Black Red, all devices come with a TF Tank in a colour that matches or suits the main device colour.
The look of the device is very Alien like with the same style accents front and back which continue to the sides. The front has a large colour touchscreen and below the micro USB port, the reverse see's a panel with colourful design dominated by the chosen colour and "MORPH" is printed central bottom. One side see's bottom Black accent while the other side has top accent, above this is the lock key and below the elongated fire bar.
The base of the device is the battery hatch door, we have a Black catch and printed safety stamps, finally up top we have a centrally positioned 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The device although aesthetically looking very similar to the Alien device it's form factor is more straight lined rather than curvy yet it feels just as comfortable in the hand and can be fired by simply squeezing. The size i would say is average for a dual 18650 device which for a device with centrally mounted 510 and such a large touchscreen is a job well done. Only time will tell with the durability of the paint finish of the device but i have been using it as my main device for a while and it's holding up fine.

TF Tank Specs and Features:

Size:35mm x 56mm
Capacity: 6ml
TF BF-Mesh Coil 0.25ohm(Pre-installed)
TF BC-Mesh Coil 0.35ohm (not included)
Ceramic Coil Available
Convenient slide top refill design
Advanced BF-Mesh/BC-Mesh Coil for optimal flavor
Colourful resin drip tip
Bottom airflow system
Thread: 510
Colours: 7 Colour, Prism Blue, Stainless Steel, Gold, Black

TF Tank Overview

The TF Tank in my opinion has too many differences to be classed as an updated version of the TFV8 Baby V2 Tank while still keeping that Smok look to it. I am not going to go into great detail as the Tank will have it's own reviews and indeed i will be doing a full review of it soon, so i will just go through it's main features and differences to the previous few Smok offerings. The top of the tank has a lock mechanism like we have had on the last few tanks including the popular Prince, the seal has also been moved to the underside of the top-cap and the fill port is far bigger, so far so good. The bottom of the tank is a much bigger section than on the TFV8 Baby V2 and we go back to dual cyclops with stopper rather than a tri-airflow that with some of the available coils gave quite a bit of turbulence.
The tank comes in with a 6ml bubble glass pre-installed and spare 2ml straight glass with the standard version, the glass tubes have simply being switched for the TPD version. I actually don't mind the look of the bubble or bulge (whatever you wish to call it) glass tube, you do receive a silicone thick glass protector with cutouts so you can still see your juice level and although this does give great protection i wouldn't use it personally as it looks in my opinion ugly. I have not been a fan of the drip tips on the last couple of Smok tanks as they have been proprietary but on the TF we have a standard 510 fitting, i much prefer this although maybe a 810 with 510 adaptor would of suited more people.
The coils are press fitted into place so quick and easy to replace coils and despite the contents listing on many vendors site saying you receive 2 different types of coils you actually receive 2 the same.

The Coils

You receive 2 of the TF BF-Mesh 0.25 coil heads one of which is pre-installed. This coil head has a rating between 30-80W and has a best at recommendation of 60-70W. Not included in the kit but also available is the TF Ceramic 0.5ohm coil head which is rated between 30-60W. Their is also the TF BC-Mesh 0.35ohm Coil head which looks to be more of a Notch Coil in style.

Morph Specs and Features:

Size: 44.8 x 30.2x 84.5mm
Wattage Range: 1-219W(VW)/10-219W(TC)
Battery Type: 2x 18650 (not included)
Standby Current: <400uA
Input Voltage: 6.4V-8.4V
Output Voltage: 0.5V-8.2V
Firing Time: 0.001S
Charging Current: 1.8A
Charging Voltage: 5V
Resistance Range: 0.1-2.5ohm(VW)/0.05-2.0ohm(TC)
Temperature Range: 200℉-600℉/100℃-315℃
Touch Screen: 1.9 inch
Perfect combination between classic style and modern trend
Powered by dual 18650 batteries with 219W max output
Revolutionary inner chip with high performance TC/VW modes
1.9 inch large touch screen and input keyboard for easy operation
Brand new user interface to see the data clearly
Secondary key to lock/unlock the screen
Large side Fire Key with 0.001s firing time
Upgrading and Charging
Multiple protections
Colours: Black & 7 Colour, Black & Prism Blue, Black & Prism Chrome, Black Gold, Black Red

Fitting The Batteries

The Morph operates using dual 18650 batteries which get installed via the bottom hatch door. The door has a catch which needs pulling back then the spring loaded door springs up. There is some play with the open hinged door but not too bad and with batteries installed it secures securely with no movement or battery rattle. Orientation is clearly marked both at the bottom of the battery tubes and on the door where we see orientation in bright White, Cracking job!

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The Display

The Morph has a very large colour screen which allows for an uncluttered display yet loads of information is on show. The display can also be customised as the colour of symbols and accents can be altered in the menu along with the choice of 4 simple line designed wallpapers. Top left we have the menu icon then top right is the padlock which is closed when the touchscreen is locked and open when unlocked. The main upper section of the display is a circular design which has movement when vaping, within this circular design we have seconds vaped, the pre-heat or wire type and the wattage or temperature depending on the mode you are in. Then to the left we have the left touch icon and to the right the right touch icon these of course are for altering wattage or temperature.
We then have on the lower left section of the display the resistance followed by the puff counter, to the right we have the voltage followed by amps. The bottom of the display sees two battery status bars within separate circular icons, one to the left and one to the right. Apart from not also showing the status of each battery as a percentage i can't really fault the display which is very well laid out.

Navigating The Morph

The Morph is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off but when turning off the device will ask you to touch yes or no on the touchscreen to confirm the action, the device can also be powered down in the menu system. The device has a lock key which is positioned above the fire bar, pressing this turns the screen off so the touchscreen can't be activated, pressing again turns the screen back on. If you still want the display on when the touchscreen is locked this is done by long pressing the lock key and the padlock symbol top right will be in the locked position, long pressing again unlocks the padlock and the touchscreen. Locking the screen either way with the lock key still allows the device to fire and whenever the fire bar is pressed the touchscreen automatically locks. The device can be completely locked so it also will not fire by pressing the fire bar 3 times, pressing 3 times again unlocks the device.
The rest of navigating the Morph is all about the great new interface and touchscreen which i found to be very responsive. A lot of touch screen devices only really can be navigated in part by touching the screen and also rely on pressing a mode button and fire button/bar often to properly navigate it and alter things. The touchscreen on the Morph is fully operational with no need to press any buttons or the fire bar in fact the device doesn't even have a mode button.
To enter the menu press the menu icon top left of the display which brings up the following options, Mode, My Mode, Puff and Settings. Choosing Mode allows you to choose between Watts and the three common TC wires, when on watts you can alter the preheat and wattage and when on a temp control wire it allows you to alter the TCR and set wattage for temp control. My Mode is something i wouldn't use but gives you memory slots where you can set wattage, preheat, type in a juice flavour and Mg. Puff allows puffs to be reset and also has a puff limit option for those that like that feature, and finally we have Settings.
When choosing Settings we get another list of options which are General, Chip, Theme and Passcode. The General and Chip options give information about the device and chip and allows things like restoring to factory settings, powering the device off etc. Choosing Theme allows you to choose between 4 different Wallpapers, changing the main colour of the screen 1 of 6 different colours and setting screen timeout.
Finally we have the passcode feature which allows you to enter a 4 digit pin which once set like on a phone or iPod needs entering to be able to use the device, i love this sticking the middle finger up to those with sticky fingers feature and gets a big pro!

My Experience Using The Morph Kit

I must start by stating i do not vape using temp control and have no access to data so i really have no idea how close to 219W the device gets other than the device seemed very accurate right up to 120W (my limit) and in general Smok high powered devices tend to fair better than most when it comes to coming close to top claimed wattage. As i stated i do not vape using temp control but from what i have heard TC on Smok devices has been getting better with each device so if you are a temp control user it might be worth checking out a review that covers temp control.
I really like the new interface, anyone could easily work their way around the device as it's so user friendly, i like the fact everything is done by touching the screen with no need for a mode button and everything is clearly laid out. The touchscreen is very responsive and i had no issues with needing to press more than once as every touch registered so cracking job there!
The fire bar feels solid and i used the device by simply squeezing it, firing is instant and as mentioned all the wattage's i vaped at seemed very accurate. I tried a few atty's up top but mainly used it with the included TF Tank and after 2 weeks the flavour of the only coil i have used is just starting to drop off which in my opinion is acceptable longevity as i vape a lot.
The TF tank is loud but unlike the TFV8 Baby V2 which was quite turbulent with some of the coils the loudness with the TF doesn't equate to turbulence as i found it quite smooth. The tank has a bit more restriction than some Smok tanks so i found the 510 worked well but still think having an 810 option also would of been better. I also would of liked the Ceramic coil also included although not as big of a con as i thought it would be as i found the included coil to be the best from Smok yet for flavour and i rocked it at 60W with airflow 2 thirds open.
The Morph in my opinion is Smok's best offering to date and really only have 3 cons, the first con is the Prism colour i received is one hell of a fingerprint magnet, also we still see no curves feature from Smok which is a feature i personally like using. The final con is the font and back of the device tapers quite sharply towards the top only allowing for a 26mm atty before you will start to get overhang, really with the 510 being centred and the dimensions of the device their was an opportunity of accommodating 30mm tanks. The Morph supports on-board charging (only charge in the device if it's your only option) and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Feels and looks a solid durable device
Aesthetically pleasing
5 colour options
Ergonomic and great using by squeezing the device
Fully functional touchscreen
Touchscreen very responsive
Display can be customised
Lock key
Very user friendly
Fire bar
Fires instantly
Performed accurately and without issues in power mode
TC (not tested)
Centre 510
Solid battery door
Orientation marked in White
Passcode feature (the middle finger to scumbags)
6ml Capacity
TF BF-Mesh Coil 0.25ohm in my opinion best flavour from Smok coil to date
Use own 510's
On-board charging (if it's your only option)
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Fingerprint magnet
No Curves Feature
Feel this should be able to accommodate bigger tanks
No 810 option TF Tank
TF Tank is loud
Ceramic coil not included

I would once again like to thank Cortana from the Healthcabin for supplying the SMOK MORPH 219W TC Kit with TF Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/smok-morph-2...20867.html

VU Sponsors