Become a Patron!

Smok never for me

Loki

Member For 2 Years
So my first vaporizer was a Smok stick one basic mind you that was 2 weeks back. Got home and found out that the shop i got it from probably had it for a while as smok no longer had the stick one on their site. Well waited a few days and went to another more bussy B&M shop to get a tank that would work so i could get replacement parts.... well ended up getting the stick prince as a second vape.

The stick one basic vs the stick Prince is a no contest in quality or lack of.

The basic is nice quality build wise not quite German automobile quality but very nice.

The Prince feels like a knock off. The light is next to.... no it is impossible to see in any real light. The button feels questionable and if you click it 5 times to quickly to shut down the stick it takes a moment for it to register.
As for the prince tank.... it kept leaking out the air holes.... took it apart and the cotton at the base of the coil was pushed twards the center of the air inlet through the coil allowing juice to flow past the cotton. Thats not directly the tanks fault but a quality control issue.

My guess is the next smok stick that comes out will be made like a play school toy.

I'll ll by coils and replacement parts but... i will smok no more.:D

As this is my first post i dont know if this is the appropriate place for this post & did not mean for it to be like a review.

Just extremely disappointed and venting.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only had three Smok mods in my time- a Treebox, a Treebox Plus and an XCubeII. All three still work, none of them have ever broken or fallen out of function. They're all older mods, too, so that probably accounts for something.

At least they had the balls to release a wooden mod or two. Like, seriously waiting for that to be a trend.

Anywho, yeah, that sucks my dude. I've heard a lot of trash talk about Smok products, I'm cool on not going with them for newer mods or tanks, based on all that. But their older stuff, I mean, they all still work and whatnot. Take it for what it is. Call me Devil's Advocate, if'n you must.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
It's more of a habit now to disregard Smok. The qc is a disgrace. If you get one that works great, problem is not everyone gets what they've paid for.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had good experience and bad. The prince tank is awful. All my coils keep burning out in a day so they won get anymore of my money. Welcome to the site :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Likewise I have had great satisfaction with Kanger products.
Most consider them junk.
Still daily using a Kbox mini 50W for well over 2 and a half years now.
The subox nano kit got me into vaping and I still use it to this day. The Subtank mini is one of my favourite tanks. I love it with the RBA. I actually prefer it to my RTA'S. You don't have to pump a shit load of wattage through it and the flavour is really good

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The subox nano kit got me into vaping and I still use it to this day. The Subtank mini is one of my favourite tanks. I love it with the RBA. I actually prefer it to my RTA'S. You don't have to pump a shit load of wattage through it and the flavour is really good
Yep have about 10 of the STM and I only use the RBA deck. Bought many on clearance cheap and also have lots of spare glass, etc for them.
Use 2 of them daily for over 2.5 years. And Still using the same 2, never even replace the Orings on them. Broke the glass on one...

On of the most underappreciated tanks there is.

I Piffed out of all my RTA'a except for the original Serpent RTA, it is nice.

Yep very nice flavor.
Good capacity and literally has only leaked on me 2 times using the RBA.
One time I had lost the oring on the Rba deck and the other time it was my wicking mess up.

They will dribble some with factory coils and the Toptanks are worse about it as are most topfills.
All mine are the V2 variety bottom fill.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep have about 10 of the STM and I only use the RBA deck. Bought many on clearance cheap and also have lots of spare glass, etc for them.
Use 2 of them daily for over 2.5 years. And Still using the same 2, never even replace the Orings on them. Broke the glass on one...

On of the most underappreciated tanks there is.

I Piffed out of all my RTA'a except for the original Serpent RTA, it is nice.

Yep very nice flavor.
Good capacity and literally has only leaked on me 2 times using the RBA.
One time I had lost the oring on the Rba deck and the other time it was my wicking mess up.

They will dribble some with factory coils and the Toptanks are worse about it as are most topfills.
All mine are the V2 variety bottom fill.
Yeah mine are bottom fill too. I had a top tank that came with my subvod and had leaking

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah mine are bottom fill too. I had a top tank that came with my subvod and had leaking
Yep typically put 2 tank fulls/day thru one of mine and all threads, etc still fine on STM and the Kbox mini I have used it on the entire time.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep typically put 2 tank fulls/day thru one of mine and all threads, etc still fine on STM and the Kbox mini I have used it on the entire time.
That's good. I've just ordered another STM haha. This will be my fourth but nothing compared to the 10 you have! :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's good. I've just ordered another STM haha. This will be my fourth but nothing compared to the 10 you have! :)
I bought 6 from Vape NW or someone a while back for $10 each :)
Also if rough use the clear poly toppers from FT are nice.

the V2's are going extinct I think.
I think they only make toptank variants now.

Loki

Member For 2 Years
Smok gets shit on all the time here. All the Smok stuff I have works perfectly fine.

Well.... like i said the stick one basic thats was my first purchase is great. It has a good weight, the button feels like it was made to last.

The Prince stick battery component feels like it would be the battery component of a childs toy wand or light saber.. aka cheap and disposable.

I was not trying to shit on Smok... their QC, marketing and R&D department did that for me. I did not intend on buying a new product that felt more cheap then the older product.

Sorry if you like there stuff. I am not telling you what to buy.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well.... like i said the stick one basic thats was my first purchase is great. It has a good weight, the button feels like it was made to last.

The Prince stick battery component feels like it would be the battery component of a childs toy wand or light saber.. aka cheap and disposable.

I was not trying to shit on Smok... their QC, marketing and R&D department did that for me. I did not intend on buying a new product that felt more cheap then the older product.

Sorry if you like there stuff. I am not telling you what to buy.
Smok have gone too shit and anyone having anything last from smok are just lucky. The coils are terrible. My prince coils keep burning out in a day!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And BTW the STM tanks are not like the Smok tanks aside from the fact that they work.
They are a loose MTL to a restricted lung draw.
Maybe 25 watts tops?
I vape .4 26 ga SS coils in my RBA at 16 -18 watts.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't really understand how people get a couple days out of a Smok coil. I get a couple weeks at a minimum with them. I blame user errors :p.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really understand how people get a couple days out of a Smok coil. I get a couple weeks at a minimum with them. I blame user errors :p.
People must not read that fine user manual that comes with them?

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Smok makes zero decent MTL options, so they can suck my dick.
Fuck that 8 coil, .0001 ohm nonsense.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Many think it is all marketing with Smok, but they must have distribution down pat. Not sure how vape shops get their gear. Maybe there are rebates or bonus points if the shop takes 10 Mag kits and 6 Procolors every week or something like that? There must be a financial reason why Smok is so good for those selling it.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've never had a problem with Smok tanks (BBB). I use the RBA's in them. The Alien 220 mods are shit.
2 of them crapped out within 6 mos. And yes, I tried all the fixes. My first mod (IPV400) still works and it gets abused at work.
The Aliens were used at home and not abused. I won't own another Smok mod.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had a problem with Smok tanks (BBB). I use the RBA's in them. The Alien 220 mods are shit.
2 of them crapped out within 6 mos. And yes, I tried all the fixes. My first mod (IPV400) still works and it gets abused at work.
The Aliens were used at home and not abused. I won't own another Smok mod.
I love IPV mods :) do good TC too

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been over 2 years since I vaped a factory coil.
have prolly 4 boxes of STM factory coils in a box. Used a few when I first got a STM but Quickly went to RBA deck and never looked back.
The factory coils are prone to leaking but the RBA doesn't seem to leak at all!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The factory coils are prone to leaking but the RBA doesn't seem to leak at all!
Yep have had 1/2 full tanks sitting in a stand for months and nary a dribble with the RBA.
But again these are the bottom fill V2 versions I am speaking of.
Easy to coil and wick too.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, but I have to get this off my chest-

People need to quit plugging Smok anything into computers. Since I've been here I've read about numerous people with crapped out mods. Its always the same thing.
Person feels the need to mess with the firmware on their Smok mod. Person posts "my mod is fucked". Person says "I tried to update my mod and now its broke. I tried to reset it. Nothing works. F-ck Smok, they're pieces of sh-t.."
Plug your semi-cheap,mass-produced, Chinese mod into a computer, YOU ARE TAKING A GAMBLE. Stop feeling the need to "update" your Smok device. Or roll the dice and maybe brick your mod. *end rant lol* :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Frank you are mostly talking to people who have been programmed to update their phones, games, computers, etc.
Don't think I have updated anything. But then most of my mods do not have updates available :)
There are even aftermarket updates out there claiming to be better than the original software.

Now if there was a software update for crappy Smok coils.....

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My smok alien crapped out for no reason and I didn't even update it. Just cos yours is okay doesn't mean everyone else's is.
Your just looking for reasons to defend a shitty company

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My newer Alien has been exchanged twice by a shop that cares. I've had the 3rd for 5 weeks. Working but battery life is not good. Worse than Battlestar. Using at 75-80w, and batteries around 3.7v after 6 hours. These are Samsung 25r from liion wholesale, and a newlywed couple.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My newer Alien has been exchanged twice by a shop that cares. I've had the 3rd for 5 weeks. Working but battery life is not good. Worse than Battlestar. Using at 75-80w, and batteries around 3.7v after 6 hours. These are Samsung 25r from liion wholesale, and a newlywed couple.
Really?? I always found my Alien had more battery life than battlestar!

RobN1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 9 Smok mods. No problems. Maybe I am just lucky, but I will continue to buy them until they take a dump on me. I tend to use my H-Priv, Procolor, or GX350 at work and they get knocked around a bit, so I am happy with the brand. Saying that, I am not sure I want to ever have to deal with their customer services. I buy all my mods from China (huge price difference), so if I got a faulty one I guess I would just have to cut my losses.

In the end, to each their own, I guess it would be a boring place if everyone had and liked the same things...

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
I remember when segeli was great! Not so much anymore.

I remember when Pioneer 4 You was great! Not so much anymore.

My Battlestar is great but supposedly now there are some serious problems with some of the Smoant stuff.

I tried Wismec too...just didn't like the RX at all.

They all have hits and misses and go through spells of less than acceptable products.

However my Hohmtech stuff stays in rotation all the time. Never the first failure other than paint coming of the Hohmslice. I have four. I have 3 G2s. They have seen a lot of use and just keep going.

Lately though I wanted to try some new stuff. The omni board 2 chip in the Vaporesso mods works great for me. I have 3 of the Swag and 3 of the Revenger Mini. I really like them all. Long term longevity is yet to be determined.

I also tried some Smok stuff for the first time. Three Majesty mods are serving us very well. TC works very well on them and I even like the Big Baby tank. I even like using the RBA section. It vapes very well, just gotta deal the keeping the RBA from shorting to the base. Not a big deal really.

Interestingly the RBA deck and glass that come with the RBA section for the Big Baby/Baby Beast work great int the Vaporesso NRG tanks that came with the Revenger Mini and with no shorting issues. The included glass for the Baby Beast works fine on the Vaporesso NRG Mega tank but it's not good for the Big Baby tank. Fast Tech had a nice solution for that problem.

I was really surprised how well the Vaporesso NRG and Smok Big Baby tanks work.

Smok coils...I don't know. Some of them have an odd flavor that doesn't go away. I'm sure they are hit and miss like folks report.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Frank you are mostly talking to people who have been programmed to update their phones, games, computers, etc.
Don't think I have updated anything. But then most of my mods do not have updates available :)
There are even aftermarket updates out there claiming to be better than the original software.

Now if there was a software update for crappy Smok coils.....
It's not just about claiming to be better than the original software. In the specific case of ArcticFox, it's also about adding a sparkling new and genuinely unique feature set to which there simply exist no alternative solutions to date... the power curves feature in ArcticFox/NToolbox is what I am talking about. So why is it better? Well... first off, the original software doesn't even have that feature. Secondly, even the expensive DNA mods─if you want to use a power curve─force you to keep re-adjusting, over and over and over, each and every last one of the wattages that make up the power curve. That in fact is so completely user-unfriendly that hardly anyone wants to bother trying it. ArcticFox/NToolbox, by utilizing percentages as opposed to wattages, effectively solves that problem. So, being capable to solve the problem is also what makes it lots better, and that's pretty easy to prove. Unfortunately however, hardly anyone wants to bother trying THAT. The vast majority of people are stuck believing it will simply not be worth the time and effort. It's called living in a hyped-up fantasy world obfuscated by mass-marketeering, follow-the-herd type of approach, and to prefer sacrificing real-world technological advancement for marketing strategies that have more in common with marketing strategies used in the fashion industry than they have in common with marketing strategies used in the technological industry.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own a SMOK Stick Prince and to be honest I'm really impressed with the device. It isn't a piece of scrap at all. In fact, I prefer this stick device over every other stick device I've ever used. The LED doesn't really bother me at all since I don't even look at the LED. Even if there were no LED I probably won't even notice it.

So far I've used quite a few TFV12 Princes (Came with my other SMOK Mods) and I've never had any leaking. I just fill up and use it. Please note that if you use a very thin ejuice, you might get leaking as the wicking holes on the TFV12 Prince coil heads are massive therefore overstation with low VG juices is very possible. I've been using a 70/30 VG/PG juice and I haven't experienced any leaking or dry hits. I can take massive hits and still not even get a sign of a dry hit.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Just Frank I get good usage with my SMOK Coils. I believe that people get a day usage because they either don't prime the coil head before using (wetting the cotton completely) or they either use up the juice until its bone dry which leads to burning the cotton. With a tank like this that uses high power, you don't want to have it dry because it will burn the cotton instantly.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Just Frank I get good usage with my SMOK Coils. I believe that people get a day usage because they either don't prime the coil head before using (wetting the cotton completely) or they either use up the juice until its bone dry which leads to burning the cotton. With a tank like this that uses high power, you don't want to have it dry because it will burn the cotton instantly.
I think people are doing something wrong as I get 2-4 weeks out of my prince coils and same for my tfv8!

Vapellie

Member For 4 Years
The juice plays a huge role in longevity of coils, and it's usually down to the amount of sweetener. Element juices for example, I know if I'm going to vape on them today, by tomorrow I'll need to rewick. The sugar basically "caramelises" and turns the cotton to brown sludge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think people are doing something wrong as I get 2-4 weeks out of my prince coils and same for my tfv8!
I know for leaking it always due to high temperatures outside which causes the juice to thin and leak out OR a change in altitude for example if you were driving to a place at higher altitude the pressure will cause the tank to leak (any tank including an RTA unless the RTA has juice flow control) OR using a low VG liquid in a tank such as a TFV8 or TFV12 will most definitely leak as the holes are massive which means it will wick very fast causing leaking.

Coil burning is always due to not priming the coil, running the tank dry, using very sweet juices or using too high wattages. On the SMOK Stick Prince I find it works exceptionally well. At its price point I think it's well worth it. Majority of my friends started vaping with the SMOK V8 stick and they love it. Some of them still haven't changed their setup and still use the same V8 stick. The build quality I understand isn't anything as durable as a mech mod but it does seem to hold up very well. I don't have any button rattles or any problems. The only thing I fear is that if it falls to the ground, the bubble glass will be the first thing to break.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know for leaking it always due to high temperatures outside which causes the juice to thin and leak out OR a change in altitude for example if you were driving to a place at higher altitude the pressure will cause the tank to leak (any tank including an RTA unless the RTA has juice flow control) OR using a low VG liquid in a tank such as a TFV8 or TFV12 will most definitely leak as the holes are massive which means it will wick very fast causing leaking.

Coil burning is always due to not priming the coil, running the tank dry, using very sweet juices or using too high wattages. On the SMOK Stick Prince I find it works exceptionally well. At its price point I think it's well worth it. Majority of my friends started vaping with the SMOK V8 stick and they love it. Some of them still haven't changed their setup and still use the same V8 stick. The build quality I understand isn't anything as durable as a mech mod but it does seem to hold up very well. I don't have any button rattles or any problems. The only thing I fear is that if it falls to the ground, the bubble glass will be the first thing to break.
Yeah tfv8 needs at least 70 plus VG & yeah people don't prime properly. You need to start at 30 watts and go up in 5 watt increments. It's no good just blasting it at 80 watts cos the coil will burn out.
People need to be more patient. It only takes half hour to properly prime a coil and your rewarded with good flavour and coils actually lasting!

VU Sponsors