Become a Patron!

SMOK O SUB 40w Help!!!!

Hey, I just bought a SMOK OSUB 40 and I'm having trouble making it work. I let it charge all night and have it set at 270F and can't get anything to happen... When I trigger sometimes it says low battery or gives me a OHM too high....Haven't been able to make it work...Do I need to fix the settings to something specific? Is the mod just broken?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The advertised temp rating for the mod is 200 - 600 degrees so it should fire at that setting. Just for the heck of it, try it in wattage mode at about 15 watts to see if it will work then. If not, then you might have a bad product.

Michael

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, I just bought a SMOK OSUB 40 and I'm having trouble making it work. I let it charge all night and have it set at 270F and can't get anything to happen... When I trigger sometimes it says low battery or gives me a OHM too high....Haven't been able to make it work...Do I need to fix the settings to something specific? Is the mod just broken?

Hi man...did you ever get your mod to work? First off...are you using this mod with the pre-installed .4 ohm coil that came with it? If so, you are NOT supposed to be in TC mode with it. The Helmet Claption coils are not made for TC. Smok is rumored to be releasing some coils soon that are made for TC inside the Mini Helmet tank. I run my Osub at 40W on the .4 ohm and 1.0 ohm coils and have seen ZERO issues.

Keep in mind that smok has done some decent work with safeties....so the .4 ohm is supposed to be set 20-40W. The 1.0 ohm coil is supposed to be 15-35W. It will throw up alarms otherwise.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear. Do you mtl or direct to lung with this mod?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what mtl is. I think just direct to lung? I just use what came with the box when I bought the module. I'm still trying to figure everything out. So far I've been using it for about a month and it's working pretty well.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going on a month too...got a nasty case of lung congestion..took a break til she clears up... mouth to lung...is when u suck into mouth.
.then suck into lungs. Direct to lungs is like breathing a snorkel though the vape mode

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what mtl is. I think just direct to lung? I just use what came with the box when I bought the module. I'm still trying to figure everything out. So far I've been using it for about a month and it's working pretty well.

MTL - mouth to lung. Essentially vaping the same way you smoke a cigarette. Takes a draw hold it in your mouth for a second, then inhale.

Direct lung - the draw is much less restrictive and it goes directly into your lungs without the pit stop.

Sorry if that's not the best explanation.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mtl with the 40w osub....gives out a pretty impressive amount of vapor for such a small mod

I guess I just smoke it like a cigarette. Depends I hit it different ways depending on where I am and how quick I need to vape. I mean it works for me. Either way it's really cool I'm just starting to play around with the settings to see what does what though. Also thanks for the explanation.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well.... unless you put a different tank on...keep it set to watts mode and not temperature control. It's a basic mod...but one of the biggest things that effects the experience is the twist top doe air flow. Turning the top until it clicks pulls in alot of extra air. Turning it off of this pulls more from the coil area itself and makes for a hotter vapor. I run mine on 30 to 40 depending on what tastes best.

Hey so I have the same mod and it's been working great. but all of a sudden when I hit the fire button now it changes the the mode from temp to watt and if i use the other buttons it locks the screen or unlocks it and it's just doing weird things. Anyone have any ideas?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey so I have the same mod and it's been working great. but all of a sudden when I hit the fire button now it changes the the mode from temp to watt and if i use the other buttons it locks the screen or unlocks it and it's just doing weird things. Anyone have any ideas?

What is the wire type of your coil? In order for TC to work with your mod the coil needs to be Ni, Ti or SS. If you are trying to use a kanthal coil in Temp control it will kick you out into wattage mode.

eascusa

Member For 4 Years
The advertised temp rating for the mod is 200 - 600 degrees so it should fire at that setting. Just for the heck of it, try it in wattage mode at about 15 watts to see if it will work then. If not, then you might have a bad product.

Michael
I have questions too about all these settins although I am find with mine in temp mode. I just don't know hat all the rest of thee settins mean. My smok mini40 and you mentioned to try it at 15 watts but it doesn't barely do anything in that setting.what is the ohm setting suppose to be at? Mine is reading .50 right now after I start using it. But I set it at It will only go from 450 to 550 ohms. I usually just leave it alone because I dont know what I am doing. OPlease help me ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What does this mean and where should it be? It doesn't do anything at 15 watt it's too weak. Mine works though in temp. I have a stainless steel one though. I heard that you cant use the temp setting in any of the other ones. only the stainess steel one.

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just bought so coils for mine but im not sure what type of coil i put in the settings TC-TI, TC-NI or TC-SS its just the
CLP Fused Clapton Dual Core 0.4ohm

I'm thinking they're most likely Kanthal in which case you'll need to use them in power or 'watts' mode. There is a possibility they could be SS but I would think it would be specified wherever you bought 'em.

Try it in tc mode and see if the mod switches to watts mode on its own. It won't hurt anything, it just won't run in tc if you don't have tc capable coils.

VU Sponsors