Become a Patron!

SMOK Prince RBA and Wicking Questions

Detroit Primetime

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am trying to wick for the first time. Currently I am using the SMOK Prince RBA with the factory installed coils. My first two attempts at wicking using Cotton Bacon Prime has resulted in a “gurgling” sound when vaping. What causes this? Also, why does it seem as though I’m wasting cotton when wicking? What’s the proper amount to initially tear off so I don’t waste so much? The last question I have.. it seems to take a 1/2 second or more before the coil actually fires. Is this normal?

Thank you,
Prime

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
What kind of build do you have? The heavier the coil the longer it will take to fire. As far as the wicking, you shouldn't have to be too forceful pulling it through the coil. If you are getting a gurgling sound, that usually means you are over priming or you are getting too much juice wicking into the coil. Try adjusting your cotton to fill your juice ports. I usually pull a little cotton through juice ports and trim it about 1mm from coil housing.
I am trying to wick for the first time. Currently I am using the SMOK Prince RBA with the factory installed coils. My first two attempts at wicking using Cotton Bacon Prime has resulted in a “gurgling” sound when vaping. What causes this? Also, why does it seem as though I’m wasting cotton when wicking? What’s the proper amount to initially tear off so I don’t waste so much? The last question I have.. it seems to take a 1/2 second or more before the coil actually fires. Is this normal?

Thank you,
Prime

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Detroit Primetime

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of build do you have? The heavier the coil the longer it will take to fire. As far as the wicking, you shouldn't have to be too forceful pulling it through the coil. If you are getting a gurgling sound, that usually means you are over priming or you are getting too much juice wicking into the coil. Try adjusting your cotton to fill your juice ports. I usually pull a little cotton through juice ports and trim it about 1mm from coil housing.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Thank you Edwin. I’m not sure what type of coil build it is. The premade SMOK coils are said to be rated at .25 ohms. As for what type of material, I do not know. Great tip on the cotton/juice port!!

Sage013

Member For 1 Year
There's some videos out there on Youtube that show putting in coils and wicking for the TFV12 Prince RBA. I plan on doing it myself when my RBA turns up so I've watched as many videos as I can, although this doesn't guarantee me success still. :D

VU Sponsors