Become a Patron!

Smok Prince Stick Confusion

So the recommended coils for the Smok Stick Prince is the M4, and it has a best watt range between 40-60W, so i assume that the stick itself wont exceed the 60W. But when calculating the Power using https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.html the Power depending on this coil and the voltage from the stick (4.2-3.4v) gives a wattage range of (103-68W) So how such power is compatible with a coil that has a maximum "Best" wattage range of 60W.

And Also, by calculating the wattage on each coil, can i be replacing the M4 coils with the Prince Mesh"0.15 ohms" or the Prince Strip?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Smok sticks are direct output, not true mech mods. Not sure how it translates to Ohm's Law.

Coils of similar resistance generally work, but some better than others. One issue- with the stick, you can't break in a new coil by gradually increasing the wattage. That's where coil design becomes a factor.

If you have another mod, you could do that before putting the tank on the stick mod.

I don't have a Falcon tank, but have seen feedback that they work well on the Smok sticks.

r3wt

Member For 1 Year
The Smok sticks are direct output, not true mech mods. Not sure how it translates to Ohm's Law.

Coils of similar resistance generally work, but some better than others. One issue- with the stick, you can't break in a new coil by gradually increasing the wattage. That's where coil design becomes a factor.

If you have another mod, you could do that before putting the tank on the stick mod.

I don't have a Falcon tank, but have seen feedback that they work well on the Smok sticks.
I'm a noob so take this with a grain of salt, but i also have the stick prince and i haven't burned a coil since the first one. when i went into the vape store and told the guy what happened, he showed me how to properly break the coil in on the stick prince. his instructions were roughly:

- wick the coil well with eliquid
- assemble tank and fill
- wait 10 minutes
- lightly "bump" the fire button a few times to break in the coil
- smoke on it

since i been following these steps i've been getting 1-2 weeks out of my coils. hope this helps.

also a tip, don't try anything in your smok stick v8 or stick prince other than the direct output coils. i bought some of the mesh coils for the stick prince and the stick doesn't have enough power ot utilize them. its like trying to vape air basically and has like 5 seconds ramp up for me on a full charge

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i bought some of the mesh coils for the stick prince and the stick doesn't have enough power ot utilize them. its like trying to vape air basically and has like 5 seconds ramp up for me on a full charge
This wasn't the case for me. The Prince Mesh coils work fine on my Smok sticks. I prefer the M4 in the Prince by just a tad over the mesh ones.

Cirenj

Member For 2 Years
This wasn't the case for me. The Prince Mesh coils work fine on my Smok sticks. I prefer the M4 in the Prince by just a tad over the mesh ones.
Any reason you prefer the M4's over the mesh ones? I'm getting ready to grab some new coils and I was leaning hard on trying the mesh ones out in my Stick Prince...

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any reason you prefer the M4's over the mesh ones? I'm getting ready to grab some new coils and I was leaning hard on trying the mesh ones out in my Stick Prince...
I did a side by side comparison. The prince mesh coils produced less vapor. The flavor was good but it was good with the M4s too. The mesh coils probably have an edge on longevity but I'm not sure.

What I really like using on my Smok Sticks is the Baby Mesh coils in a Big Baby Beast. They hit hard, flavor is awesome, and they last a very long time for me.

Cirenj

Member For 2 Years
I'm still new to the game, so I'm working on sucking up as much info as I can...lol

I am using the M4's on my TFV12 Prince tank and really don't have any complaints, but I also don't have anything to compare it to as its my first setup. I'm thinking I may grab a Aegis Legend this week and throw my tank on that and see how everything goes....From what I have been reading, I don't think I will bother "wasting" money on some coils that I am not sure I will like...lol

czombie

Member For 1 Year
I'm still new to the game, so I'm working on sucking up as much info as I can...lol

I am using the M4's on my TFV12 Prince tank and really don't have any complaints, but I also don't have anything to compare it to as its my first setup. I'm thinking I may grab a Aegis Legend this week and throw my tank on that and see how everything goes....From what I have been reading, I don't think I will bother "wasting" money on some coils that I am not sure I will like...lol
haha...just wait until the addiction kicks in. I have a drawer full of stuff that I "wasted" money on thinking I would like it better...lol

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those smok sticks can handle fairly low coils. Probaly around .2 ohms is as low as you want to go

VU Sponsors