Become a Patron!

Smok procolor 225w (TC) & Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus RDTA

P35

Member For 4 Years
Morning (or evening) folks,

So just yesterday - I took the plunge and bought the Steam Crave that I had been eye balling for some time. I know eventually I will update my mod and get away from Smok, but in the mean time ... I am kinda stuck with it. I started building on the TFV8 rebuildable deck that came with it..enjoyed it more than the drop in coils, so was like cool. Lets do this.

I got a set of framed staple alien 2-26/4-.1*.4/36 Ni80 3mm .10ohm / dual coils to drop in the steam crave. Got it home, got super pumped, cut em to size, dropped em in, they looked perfect. The deck looked clean AF! I was feeling really good about my first build, on a legit building deck, on an actual RDTA. Now I dont have an ohm tester, so I just put the deck onto my Smok to try and warm the coils up a bit, scrunch them up and get them ready for cotton. - Thats when my heart sunk.

My Smok read "Ohms too low" or something of the sort. It was reading anywhere from 0.078 to 0.098 and fluctuating anytime I tried to fire it. Basically it wouldn't fire the deck. I tried everything from tightening the deck more, to loosening it. Making sure the set screws were good, the coils were even, etc. Basically everything I could think of. Is it just the shop gave me the wrong coils, or am I doing something wrong?

Morning (or evening) folks,

So just yesterday - I took the plunge and bought the Steam Crave that I had been eye balling for some time. I know eventually I will update my mod and get away from Smok, but in the mean time ... I am kinda stuck with it. I started building on the TFV8 rebuildable deck that came with it..enjoyed it more than the drop in coils, so was like cool. Lets do this.

I got a set of framed staple alien 2-26/4-.1*.4/36 Ni80 3mm .10ohm / dual coils to drop in the steam crave. Got it home, got super pumped, cut em to size, dropped em in, they looked perfect. The deck looked clean AF! I was feeling really good about my first build, on a legit building deck, on an actual RDTA. Now I dont have an ohm tester, so I just put the deck onto my Smok to try and warm the coils up a bit, scrunch them up and get them ready for cotton. - Thats when my heart sunk.

My Smok read "Ohms too low" or something of the sort. It was reading anywhere from 0.078 to 0.098 and fluctuating anytime I tried to fire it. Basically it wouldn't fire the deck. I tried everything from tightening the deck more, to loosening it. Making sure the set screws were good, the coils were even, etc. Basically everything I could think of. Is it just the shop gave me the wrong coils, or am I doing something wrong?
Could be a number of things. I would drop another set of coils in and see what happens.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Pro color 225w supported resistance starts at .1

P35

Member For 4 Years
Pro color 225w supported resistance starts at .1
Right, but with those coils shouldn't it be at least .1? Or is my understanding wrong?

The TFV8 stock deck is showing .338 and it looks so small compared to these coils. I know it's not apples to apples but I'd assume beefier coils would output more resistance?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

P35

Member For 4 Years
Ran back up to the shop...my futile little Smok apparently just wouldn't ramp up the coils enough to get them started. Probably because as Vape Fan noted - resistance starts at .1 ohms. He stuck it on his mod - got them through that initial burn, wicked them, and stuck them on my Smok and bam - I am in business.

Thanks for the replies!

VU Sponsors